project Bumptastic - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > project Bumptastic

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #256
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Joel at bilstien came through and got me my new 2inch shafts and soft bump pads.

TJdualsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #257
mxtrails
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Oooo! Nice!!!
03 Rubicon, highlined rear fenders, RC long arm upgrade, 4" RC springs, OME shocks, 35" mt's, UCF lopro trans mount, UCF 2" deep skid, nates 4x4 rear bumper/tire carrier, 2" jks bumpstops, jks discos, RK frt track bar, tom woods cv. rebuild pics: http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/mxtrails/Jeep/
mxtrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #258
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

a much better pic of the new brakes. had to replace the calipers today due to one semi seizing on me last night.

Unread 01-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #259
mxtrails
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice! Have you figured out where you want to but the bumps yet? Inside the coil?
03 Rubicon, highlined rear fenders, RC long arm upgrade, 4" RC springs, OME shocks, 35" mt's, UCF lopro trans mount, UCF 2" deep skid, nates 4x4 rear bumper/tire carrier, 2" jks bumpstops, jks discos, RK frt track bar, tom woods cv. rebuild pics: http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/mxtrails/Jeep/
mxtrails is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #260
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

yup 1 in each coil. im doing the rear first, since for me thats where i need it most. if i can find a good deal on bumps ill do all four at the same time.
Unread 01-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #261
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

what tire pressure do you run in the desert/ when you do go fast stuff?

the whole go-fast scene is finally starting to pick up on the east coast, gonna be outboarding some edelbrock resi's in and doing some nice progressive bumpstops this spring, i cant wait to go fast!
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #262
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

awesome man, i keep it between 15 and 25psi pending on location. so far so good on keeping my rims without bending them. bandit keep me posted on how your build goes. especially if you have questions. my biggest recomendation is getting as much uptravel as possible when setting up your rig. I cycled the rear with the 8.8 a couple weeks ago and have 12inches of travel with my short arms. now i just gotta utilize as much as that as i can when i setup the shocks.
Unread 01-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #263
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

have had a whirlwind of the last few weeks, found some time today to start the conversion to 2inch shafts on the bilsteins. here is a basic break down of how to rebuild or convert bumps form 4inch to 2inch

first you gotta take the pressure out of the shock you dont want 200psi to go flyin. then you gotta pop the cap off the wiper seal. did this with a small sharp cold chisel and some love taps with a dead blow.

for those who notice the rust, its inherited with the metal bump can that it sits in. ill clean it all up before i put it in the can but the rust will be right back in a few months. also gonna ask joel for new bilstein steekers on the cap.

then rotate the shock so you can get too the wiper seal o ring. its a ***** and if you have a pick set it makes it much easier. the tape is there just to hold the wiper cap up.

I dont have a pic but to get the assembly out of the shock you simply pull it out of the body. make sure the shock body is on the bottom or you will dump the shock oil out. it literally all slides out as a unit and nothing will fall off.

take the bottom nut off the assembly and carfully remove the washer spring and everything off the old shaft.

heres a side by side. the old shaft is the bigger one and the new one has everything assembled on it. that bottom nut needs to go on with 250inch lbs and some red loctite is recomended.

i dont have it all back in the shock body yet, had my hangover kick in and i was done. lol as soon as i grab some shock oil ill get it all together and finish the write up on it.
Unread 01-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #264
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

really hoping that this single pinch can will work for my setup. picking it up from poly p

Unread 01-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #265
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ordered bump cans, and an extended steel braided brake line from poly P. dropped off the bumps to get oil and 200psi of nitro......
Unread 01-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #266
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

im so jealous. the only thing holding me back from going any faster than i do are bumps...i have none in front.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #267
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

saw the pics on your photobucket the XJ looks good!!
Unread 01-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #268
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

thanks man. one day i will have a front suspension that can handle speed a little better, like yours. im thinkin deaver coils (my RE coils are too soft), bilstein 7100's and some good bumpstops.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2011, 12:48 AM   #269
TJdualsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

cool man, weve had some good results with the RE coils. the deavers will be a very nice spring too. a couple of the jeepspeed guys say to use the coil (good quality) to set ride height and let the shocks do the rest.

heres an XJ ive been helping with.
Unread 01-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #270
Greenducky55
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man the Tj is lookin good. I didn't even know you had a build thread only place I had seen anything of your jeep is naxja (I'm h-townxj on there.) been working on both rigs alot latley man hopefully as soon as. Get my Tj back tgeather we can make a pismo run. Probably this summer waitin on tires, new axles regear and supercharger rebuilt. And of course anything better than rough country shocks lol. But your Tj is sweet man at least I'm not the only guy besides jeepspeed that wants
to gofast in a Tj!
Greenducky55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.