project Bubba rebuild. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > project Bubba rebuild.

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have been here a while now, and since I didn't take the opportunity to do a build the first time around!

A little back story. I bought the jeep in 08 with 190k miles on it from a big old farm boy named BUB!! The jeep was located down a one lane road in the middle of nowhere. I could almost hear the dueling banjos)

The tj was a basically stock 4.0, ax15 combo, with a d30 front and d35 rear. The only mods were a set of 31x10.5 15 bfg lt tires on american racing wheels. Oh, and the steel horse stainless tube bumper.

The first build I added a 3.5" rubicon express super flex kit with all 8 control arms, both track bars and gen2 disconnects. And a set of 33" mud kings on centerline hell cat wheels. The jeep stayed this way for about 3 years.

The second part of the build was axles and power train. With 210k now on a tired 4.0 and a tired d35 with 3.07 gears it was time for an upgrade. I decided to go with a magnum 5.9 and a 46re for the power train. The swap took the better part of the winter and spring working on it off and on.

At the same time I did a sye/ dc drive shaft combo and added a dana 44 rear with 4.10 gears . I also did a 1" body lift for easier engine swap and future mods. I took the opportunity to make use of a waggy dana 44 front someone had given me a while back as well. With the new lug pattern came new rims and tires. 315/75/16 procomp at's on mt classic II wheels.

The rebuild was just kicked off with the purchase of a hp30 front axle and new savvy 3" springs. As of now my poor jeep is setting on jack stands with no front axle, or springs. The tires and wheels are going tomorrow and the anticipation of new parts is killing me.

The plan is to replace all the re stuff with currie, savvy and rokmen over the next year. I'm also planning on lockers, bumpers, a tummy tuck and armor. Also some poison spyder dedenders are on the shopping list as well.

rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.