Project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
Trunehinter
2000 WJ 

Project

Hey all.

I've got a 2000 Wj with 160,000 miles on it. Mostly everything is still stock, blew a few radiator fans, changed the fuel pump, brakes/rotors maintained. I'm looking at putting her in the garage next summer to turn it into a little bit of an off road monster and I was seeking some advice. The first area I'd like advice on is what parts should I be looking to replace in the motor rebuild? I'm going to be putting on after market items for increased performance such as turbo kit, intercooler and ecu reprogramming. Looking at around a 300 horsepower gain. What should I replace in my motor to be able to handle the extra HP? Am I going to risk blowing out my transmission or my cv joints with this much of a power gain? I would also like some recommendations on my 4wd. Iv'e already thrashed both front cv joints and they seem to be fairly weak to begin with. Is there a reliable replacement for the axle/cv area without a full diff replace/rebuild?

Trunehinter is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.