Powr's TJ thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Powr's TJ thread

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #61
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Followup on the General AT tires.
They ride well on the pavement, but are noisy. At least I feel they are noisy. They're just as bad, or worse than the BFG AT as far as noise. On the trail, they do ok. I probably wont use them again. They hang on to rocks like crazy and dont always let them go once on pavement. Theres still some embedded in the treads. As far as traction goes, They're average, I would say. They like to dig into soft soil/rocks mix and withouth the lockers, that could be an issue. The BFG AT was better as far as this is concerned. I think the large, flat tread of the BFG gives better traction. The Generals do well on the rocks though, as they seem to grab well. Its similar, of course to their pavement handling. I did some rubicon trekking from the tahoe side, and they did ok on the dusty rocks, but did very well on the clean granite. Overall, I would say theyre ok, but since I got them for a great price, I'll use them out, but wont pay full price for a set. I don't think they're worth over $200 each. I paid half that and am marginally impressed. They are quite heavy as has been said in some of the review threads. The sidewalls are pretty weak. Had one go flat from a bent valve stem, and it burned through the sidewalls on both sides of the tire in a matter of seconds. just long enough to pull over and stop.

Unread 10-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #62
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Also, the aluminum diff covers that come on the G2 axle assemblies look terrific, but if you even think you're going to have contact with them, replace them with iron covers asap! Both the front and rear diff covers got boogered up pretty badly(to the point of leakage at the plug.) I replaced them with iron ones, and had worse contact, and didnt hurt them in the least. Well worth the added cost.
Unread 11-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #63
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Some "mall crawling!"
img_0028.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.