Powr's TJ thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Powr's TJ thread

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 06-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #46
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's an update of the work that's been completed so far. The hardest part of the whole lift process thus far has been the drilling and tapping of the two holes in the front spring perches. They needed to be drilled and tapped for the installation of the lower bumpstops. It's like the metal is made of Kryptonite or something! Sheesh, it took me literally four or five hours to get through the pad! I've had some minor issues getting things to go together, but nothing major.

edit01.jpg   edit02.jpg   edit04.jpg   edit05.jpg   edit06.jpg  

edit07.jpg   edit09.jpg   edit10.jpg   edit11.jpg  
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #47
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the tires I'm going with. They're the General grabber in 33X10.5R15. I like the more narrow look of these, and I like to keep the Jeep's track somewhat narrow as well. I've been places where a wider stance wouldn't fit. I'm sort of stuck with the crappy OEM Ecco wheels at the moment, but they'll work...they have since it was new. I've also got the wheel spacers on there as well. I'm hoping to sell enough crap to get aftermarket wheels. I really like the Procomp 7031, but I've been seeing them on what seems like every other Jeep out there!
edit08.jpg  
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #48
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the transfer case work that I got completed yesterday. It's super easy to do the SYE kit and teralow kit as long as you can read and follow directions. The teralow kit, for those who don't know, lowers the 4lo range from the stock 2.72:1 to 4.0:1, like the factory rubicon case.
edit1.jpg   edit2.jpg   edit3.jpg   edit4.jpg   edit5.jpg  

Unread 07-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #49
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Before...http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...1&d=1373154981

After...http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...1&d=1373155043
edita1.jpg   edita2.jpg  
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #50
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Added the savvy under armor. This piece is VERY stout. It completely replaces the transmission mount and adds a frame-supported crossmember for strength and rigidity. The body lift and motor mount lift are absolutely necessary for this belly! It tucks that transfer case up there very tightly. It's a bit of a PITA to get all the fasteners in place and torqued down, but it gave me at least 2-3" of additional ground clearance. Highly recommended!

I also installed the transfer case cable shifter assembly. It's also highly recommended! It flows very smoothly, bolts up with very little effort, and allows for proper alignment and operation with the belly and MML/BL combo.
img_0079.jpg   img_0078.jpg   img_0081.jpg   img_0080.jpg  
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #51
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Some light flexing near the house today. I didn't want to push it too hard, I don't have my shocks installed yet. It handled everything with ease. The teralow kit is great. A little noisy, but I'm sure it will quiet down once the gears break in.
img_0075.jpg   img_0076.jpg   img_0073.jpg   img_0070.jpg  
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #52
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Moar flexing and some teaser pics of the new H4 headlight housings and Halo rings. The pic isn't so good, but they're supposed to be the amber rings, but they sent me one red and one amber. The amber one has two LEDs that wont light up. I'm in the process of emailing back and forth to get exchanges for it.
The Jeep didn't even hesitate to climb up that block! I cannot wait to hit a decent trail with this thing. I'm very pleased with it so far.
img_0082.jpg   img_0083.jpg   img_0084.jpg   img_0085.jpg   img_0086.jpg  

Unread 07-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #53
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It's going to feel so different out on the trail.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #54
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The Jeep looks great , you have put a lot of work into it and it shows . If you can would you post up how the Generals do once you get them offroad ?
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #55
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
The Jeep looks great , you have put a lot of work into it and it shows . If you can would you post up how the Generals do once you get them offroad ?
Thanks. I plan on doing a review of sorts on them. So far, they're much quieter than the BFG ATs I had on there before. They are quite heavy as well. Can be considered good AND bad, I guess.
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #56
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a little slideshow I made with some new pics. Enjoy...

Unread 07-16-2013, 05:19 AM   #57
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet slideshow!! Jeep looks great how does drive after all your hard work?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #58
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It drives quite well, surprisingly. It's a bit more noisy, and I can definitely tell that rack is up there in the turns. I still haven't gotten my shocks delivered yet, and I know they will help tremendously with the ride as well. The change in gearing has been the biggest surprise. It revs through the first 3-4 gears like crazy. It runs right at 3k rpm at 70mph! It used to run 2500@65-ish. There goes any semblance of fuel mileage it had left.
It's also strange feeling that front locker do its thing. Sort of reminds me of a FWD car with power steer, except its random and unpredictable. Not dangerous or annoying, just interesting.
The noise, I'm told, is from the under armor. It raised the trans and TC up and added a frame mounted crossmember for the trans to bolt to. It's more of a solid mount that transfers noise and vibration to the frame more. I'll get used to it.
Unread 07-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #59
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got my shocks installed and have driven it a little bit. These things are super stiff! It makes the ride WAY better, especially with that rack up there!

image-69093.jpg

They were a giant B to compress for install and cost about a month's mortgage, but worth it!
Unread 07-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #60
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a long video of our TJ followed by a short slideshow at the end. Brownie points to whomever can name that tune! What's it from? rofl. I know the video is long, but check it out, it shows some good angles and flexing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.