Powr's TJ thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Powr's TJ thread

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #16
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like it's coming along nicely!

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #17
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

New ID stickers just because!!! Doesn't look too bad, I guess.
image-2903968722.jpg   image-1654584119.jpg  
Unread 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up the best top two piece soft doors from CL.
image-219400968.jpg   image-3503707277.jpg   image-2658010497.jpg  
Unread 09-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #19
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

They fit fairly well, but the pins for the uppers are tight due to slight alignment issues, but that may be by design. the weather stripping is decent, but too long on the uppers by several inches, and gets in the way during mating to the lowers. The lower edge stripping on the lower door sometimes keeps the bottom of the door from resting flush. A simple press with the hand fixes that. Haven't had them on the road yet, but I'm sure they will be noisy and floppy a little. They do have small cargo pockets on the inside lowers, but it's non reinforced fabric, so don't stow your holstered pistol on it. Would be ok for maps, and maybe some gloves and a beanie or something soft like that. So far, pleased. They are definitely warm weather doors.
Unread 02-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #20
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A video from Friday.

Unread 03-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #21
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a stainless steel header on it a couple weeks back, and it seems like a nice upgrade. It is a little louder, but not in the way one might think. It's louder in the engine bay. its the same type of sound that was there before, its just louder up front. it may just be me, but it seems to rev up and down faster, when not in gear. It doesn't seem any more or less powerful, and its still too early for any mileage numbers. The steel has already started to blue from the heat, which is cool, but for the most part, it isnt visible under all the other crap. The price was right, and I'm thankful for it. I don't know that I would pay $400 for one, but I like it. It does tend to give more backfires on deceleration than it did before, but thats probably part of the function. once I get the time lapse completed, i'll post a link to it. I'll also post a picture of the header once I get it, I didn't photograph it before install.

Big changes to come shortly! Lots of cash going out the door to the Jeep! Tax return and lots of overtime are going to make the little girl happy and ready for the trails! Hoping to have her done by the end of summer. I'll post pictures and installation information as it comes. I'm very excited to finally get going on my big mods!
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #22
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Speaking of cash, this seems quite fitting for anyone who is a Jeep owner!

image-1552836332.jpg

I have some parts on order, and when they arrive, I'll start taking and posting pics again...
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a picture of the header I installed. this one was taken on another jeep, but its the exact one that's on mine.
headerpic.jpg  
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #24
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The Teralow kit came in on Tuesday, and just now got to posting the pictures. It looks like a pretty stout and beefy unit. Can't wait to start rocking on it! saturday is just around the corner.
img_0021_2.jpg   img_0022_2.jpg   img_0023_2.jpg  
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #25
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered a week ago, and picked up these G2 D44 assemblies today. The Rear is a large housing, 35 spline,4.56 geared ARB air locked with disc brakes. The front is a 4.56 geared(of course) Detroit locked with grease able axle tube seals. The ball joints came pre-installed. The Rear is absolutely HEAVY, I mean bust-a-nut heavy! The front was heavier than I expected too, but not like the rear. I'm Very excited to get this stuff installed. I feel confident that I will not have to worry about drivetrain component failure while on the trail. I like the fact that I wont have to worry about it while in the middle of nowhere.
img_0012_2.jpg   img_0013_2.jpg   img_0014_2.jpg   img_0015_2.jpg   img_0016_2.jpg  

img_0017_2.jpg   img_0018_2.jpg   img_0019_2.jpg  
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
wranglerTX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

cant wait to see thoose things on the jeep ^
looking good
wranglerTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #27
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice axles!!
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #28
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like G2 stopped using OEM housings for their rear axles.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #29
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got the new larger housing that they just released! It's absolutely BEEFY! I can only imagine how a D60 would have been! I'm hoping to get a bit done on Saturday.
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #30
88hatchy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The Dana 60 is pretty intense. I cry a little each day I have to look at mine just sitting on jack stands.
88hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.