pop / backfire AMC 360 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > pop / backfire AMC 360

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
FATHERNSON
1977 CJ5 

pop / backfire AMC 360

I have a mid 70's 360 that the previous owner swaped in my CJ5. I just finished by total rebuild of the running gear and body. I am running fenderwell headers and side pipes. The problem is that I have a backfiring / poping on the drivers side. Pops ever few seconds but only on the divers side. It did pop on both sides but found that the timing was way off. I adjusted timing and adjusted carb (elderb.600 cfm) and now only on the drivers side. I pulled each of the plugs on the drivers side and see no difference in them. Also pulled the passenger side and also the same. I have tried richening up the carb but does not help. I have checked each plug wire at the plug and at the distr. I have also checked inside the cap and rotor. I am sort of at a lose. Any suggestions would be a great help.

[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]USMC
SEMPER FI[/SIZE] [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
FATHERNSON is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.