Pond Scum - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Pond Scum

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #91
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
Did you have schematics to go by for the wiring? Or how did you figure that out?
I have the 1998 TJ FSM that's quite simple to find online.

On the motor side, I used LT1Swap.com. I ended up sending him the PCM too, I figured with as much info as he has, he's gotta know what he's doing, and I kinda felt like for as much as I used his website, sending him $75 for PCM programming was the least I could do as thanks.

http://lt1swap.com/2000harness.htm

The guy has tons of info up, pin out for every connector, info on what's needed and not needed, and he even has a bunch of wiring diagrams hosted, for example:

WKdeuce is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #92
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got the radiator mounted.

Tight fit...

Unread 03-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #93
jmhall79
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Couple questions about your wheels: Are they Pro Comp 1069's with 4.75 backspacing and 9" wide? If so are you getting any rubbing? I am getting either the 1069's in 17x9 4.75" BS or Mickey T's Classic 3 4.5" BS on my TJ SE. I would rather go 1069's as they are 200 cheaper for 5 but do want it to rub. Diggin the build come on warm weather!!!!!
jmhall79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #94
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks.
Yep that's exactly what they are.
At full lock, they touch the LCA and the antirock, but just barely. I haven't done anything about it, because with tube lowers I just use them as the stop and don't push the steering so far.
My front axle is maybe 1.5-2" forward, so you might find with the axle in the stock location that at full stuff the 35s would rub the back of the inner fender.
No rubbing at all in the rear, with the 8.8 and no wheel spacers.

Shoot, I'll be out your way this weekend. Taking a little time away from doing this every weekend to get some snowboarding in at Vail & A basin.
Unread 03-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #95
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

No Jeep love this past weekend, went to Arapahoe Basin, which I guess is very close to the Holy Cross trail.
Anyway, back to the grind. I ordered a clutch master cylinder, a straight waterpump inlet, and picked up some brake line and a ford solenoid at NAPA.

Unread 03-18-2014, 07:24 AM   #96
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The wiring continues. I knew it would be a lot of wiring. Sure didn't see it being 2 months of wiring.
Oh well, ECU is mounted, intake is in, MAF is in and wired back to ECU (had to take apart loom to do that, bummer).
Not done the wiring, but getting very close to it.

I drew this up. Been trolling craigslist for AutoMeter Ultra Lite gauges. Good things are in the works here:

Unread 03-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #97
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #98
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

**** this.

The clutch master is ****ed, the metal body edelbrock just doesn't work without serious modification to either the firewall or pedal box, possibly both. So I'm steppin back from that, gonna try the TJ master with the Novak brass connector that converts it to brake line, which I guess I should have done in the first place.

The power steering cooler is in, all plumbed up, filled with fluid (and I'm sure this will surprise Steve) it ****ing leaks everywhere. The reservoir leaks at the stupid cast in fitting, the gear leaks at the pitman arm, there's ****ing steering fluid coming out everywhere.

I made a kick ****ing *** shifter handle then realized I'm a dickhead and that there's a spring & collar that slide down over it, but won't slide down over it with my cute/stupid brass knuckle gusset ****ing thing on there so that got cut all to ****ing hell.

And I'm still ****ing soldering things to things. There was a point yesterday where I hopped in the driver seat expecting to hear the key actuate the starter, and instead hear the lovely sound of silence. So that sucks ***.

Unread 04-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #99
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

lovely lunch at the junkyard.
got a XJ front shaft in piss poor condition ripe for the M18 treatment.
got 2 electric fans, 1 yet unknown, and 1 dual fan from a windstar with the wiring and dual 60A relay bank
Unread 04-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #100
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Sounds like your having all sorts of fun over there. Just hang in there it will get better eventually
Unread 04-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #101
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Packed up the back half kit and put it away. I can't do that now or I'm never going to finish. So the tank is going in in a not permanent place. Still had to rework the shocks though, so the shock crossmember, rear crossmember and everything fit nicely.

The top is mounted in pretty much the same spot, just rotated 90, and a little tighter to the frame rail, and that gives me 31" between them, plenty of room for a 30" tank with a 3/16ths mount. Yeah I'm re-using those POS shocks for now. Wanna fight about it? It's got maybe 3" up and 3" down. Come at me bro.

This will get a cover on top, the whole floor will be redone eventually about 5" above the existing one. But that will be later, all that matters now is getting the tank hung and fuel lines in.

Unread 04-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #102
MattSteve
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What fuel cell is that? I tried looking, but couldn't find any info. That setup looks exactly how I want to eventually set something up.
Other than that, your build is looking great!
MattSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2014, 05:42 PM   #103
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

RCI2162A, it's 30"l x 12"w x 9"h
Unread 04-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #104
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

fuel lines are in, coiled at the tank area, waiting on the fuel cell mount.

dash is in, key on hot powers it up via the new fuse block. key all the way bumps the starter.

Short list:
spark plug wires
oil & filter
switch out oil pressure sender
gas tank mount

Unread 04-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #105
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I got 2 of these hanging from the stock crossmember, it's 1/4" x 1" bar, it bolts onto a same size bar that runs across to the back bumper, and combine they support the tank.

Thoughts?

The bottom sits flush with the top of the rear crossmember:

Tank sits here:

Also, replaced the stock oil pressure sensor with this, it's got the autometer sender and a gauge:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.