Pond Scum - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Pond Scum

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 06-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #46
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
What are your plans for upgrades?
Oh, and the answer to this was redneck cap locks.
A junkyard set of stock shafts, another set of 760s, and a small tack on the cap. The green paint should make them invincible.

WKdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #47
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well I was layin under there and I found this.
right rear UCA

Unread 07-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #48
Bigdude408
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice project, and much inspiration! Mine is a dd but the TT looks awesome! Dig the dodge rims too! I can't believe that 2.5 twisted that drive shaft like that! Thought that was the luster of 4cyl, less breakage. Lol
Bigdude408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #49
Nafpu
2012 KK Liberty 

Still waiting on the 4-popper to pop? Or did you break down and do an oil change?
Nafpu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #50
jeepster1407
2000 TJ Wrangler 

nice build man!
jeepster1407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #51
Side_Project
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice build lots of time and detail put in cant wait to see more.
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #52
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys.
Haven't done much lately, I took out the bad brake lines, didn't put new ones in yet. Made a new rear shaft, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. It's been too damn hot to lay under this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafpu View Post
Still waiting on the 4-popper to pop? Or did you break down and do an oil change?
Nope, still waiting, haven't changed it ever, been a year and a half on a motor with the previous owners oil that "doesn't run"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdude408 View Post
Nice project, and much inspiration! Mine is a dd but the TT looks awesome! Dig the dodge rims too! I can't believe that 2.5 twisted that drive shaft like that! Thought that was the luster of 4cyl, less breakage. Lol
I know, me too!
You wouldn't think between the bald all terrains and the 2.5L that a shaft would twist like that.
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #53
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Check your nuts & bolts.

I took some scrap in to conshohocken in this, to get rid of some crap laying around, and for the secondary purpose of having the jeep weighed, it's 3540 pounds empty.

On the way home I was stopping at the King of Prussia home depot, so where 76 dumps you out into KoP, the lady in front of me stops in the yield lane. Right in front of me.
Stopped on a dime, didn't hit her, wasn't that close, but still, it was a full panic stop. (brakes work great now, with new hard lines throughout).
Sounded like something exploded, then there was a clink clink clink as I started off.

Now a little back story, when I was out at the Badlands, I did find a front upper not bolted in on the frame side, so I had put a 3/8" bolt through it as a temporary fix. I never even thought about that again, no excuses, I just plain forgot about it.

So I limp off to the side of the road, and BOTH UCAs are not bolted in the frame side, the front driveshaft is seperated (the 2nd home hacked rear driveshaft is fine though!), both front shocks are leaking, front left shock is bent, front right shock snapped in half.

I'd guess one of the UCAs was out or loose before the stop, and the other one let go at the panic stop, the front axle rolled forward enough to pop the DS out.
I was able to put it back together with some hardware from the nearby home depot and get it home.
Good times.

Unread 08-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #54
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got some 5100's to fix the broken shock issue.
The front yoke for the DS had one of those 5/16ths broke off in it, so it got drilled out and replaced with the U bolt straps.
I replaced all the UCA hardware with 7/16-20 grade 8 bolts & nylock nuts. Hopefully no more issues there.
One of the rear UCAs that I had built, well I guess the snap ring wasn't in all the way, so it had kinda came apart (you can see it in post #47), all the parts were still there but it was wobbling on the bolt. The right rear. With the muffler all up in the way. Repacking a johnny joint with the arm still installed without their special tool is interesting. It's done though.

With that, I moved on to finally creating a dashboard.
I had some sheet metal, and I had a CJ dash. I opted to start with the CJ dash, in hindsight, I probably should have started with sheetmetal. There's a few patches, like where the speedo was, and they look like *** cause I didn't bondo or anything. But oh well. It came out better than it was (which was a CD player electrical taped to a CB radio hanging off the cage).

The grab handle I had from the CJ was all jacked up. So I made one. I had shock brakets left over from the Artec truss, a pair of C gussets for a JK 30, and a piece of .75 OD 3/16ths wall. Hopefully it doesn't do any impromptu dental work for the passenger, it's stoudt as hell. Should have got a picture of the little tabs I made off the windshield spreader bar, but it bolts through the dash to the cage, so it's in there damn good.

Also. Started this.

Because.

Unread 08-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #55
TJsjeeptj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That dash looks awesome man. Great work
TJsjeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #56
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got this on an alignment rack finally.
Thrust angle was dead nuts.
Toe was a hair off.
Caster was 5*, gonna shorten the uppers a bit, get it to like 6 or 7.

Clutch line blew on the way home. It had been dripping, it's gushing and I got no pedal left. Piss ants.

Oh well. Got new meats. 35x12.5x17 MTR Kevlar.

edit. just realized there's some wheeling pics I hadn't posted in here...

and this day I was supposed to go to RC, but pussed out, and took it over to the shop to begin teardown...

Unread 12-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #57
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Switching the 2.5L out for a 5.3L, 465, Atlas 4.3

I weighed the cost of getting an AX-15/231, and what all the costs associated with adapting that would be, and decided that for me it was worth it in the long run to pony up a little more now and get the Atlas. Especially when I found one setup for a 465 with the yokes I need, and dude could meet me relatively close.
Tomorrow, I plan on rectifying my lack of motor situation. There's been a super cheap one that I still might get for accessories & wiring, but I bit the bullet and found the aluminum LM4 at a yard 'nearby'. Hopefully I'm posting pictures of it on my trailer tomorrow.
I scored a pair of C5 corvette exhaust headers off CL, and have a pair of pacesetters, hopefully one of those work. Still searching wether any off the shelf Y pipes could work with something, might just start with one since the 3 bolt flanges new are pretty pricey.
Got a griffin rad on order that might fit, who knows, it was nowhere near the cost of the advance adapters radiator, so, we'll see.
I did get the clutch/flywheel kit, motor mounts, and VSS tone ring from Advance though. I guess since mine's manual it's OK to put it on the rear output shaft.
And for fuel delivery we'll find out if an RCI 2162a plays well with the Artec back half.
Now, I rented a bay in my buddy's shop for 3 months starting mid december, so, mid March this thing should be driving.

That, is the "plan".

Look close, it's actually still in there...

Gone now.

10 spline SM465 full of chocolate milk, not sure what it's even really from, other than a CJ buggy a guy had.

Came with this.

Unread 12-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #58
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

2004 GMC Envoy XL, 5.3L "LM4"
Front of the water pump bolt to the back of the block is 27", the 2.5L is 24"
The throttle body and fuel rail I don't want, as I expected.
Still need the alternator, power steering pump, intake plenum which has the mounts for the throttle body and fuel rail, wiring harness, computer, and who knows what else.

Unread 12-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #59
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty cool man. I've always liked this pond scum build!
Unread 01-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #60
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Started pulling the wiring harness from the '02 pickup this weekend, just ran out of time on it though, and didn't want to cut it.
UPS guy showed up today though, there's a lot here to start with. Should get some time in this coming weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.