Pokey's Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Pokey's Build

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #16
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Small update after living through the deadly earthquake today (haha):

- Wire brushed the whole front portion of the frame back to the coil buckets to get rid of the rust.

- I treated the rust on the front portion of the frame back to the front coil buckets, small spot on the passenger rocker panel, and half dollar-sized hole in the passenger rear quarter using Plasti-Kote Rust Away rust converter. Worked pretty well (I guess) and turned all the rust rock hard and black. So I guess it worked -- who knows, haha.

- Coated the front portion of the frame back to the front coil buckets with gloss black implement enamel with a brush (didn't cut the enamel down with mineral spirits at all). Went on nice, self levels leaving only a few brush marks, and dried rock hard. Won't have to do this ever again, I reckon.

- Sent back my JKS Disconnects to Quadratec. After thinking about it, I decided to just go ahead and get Currie's Anti-Rock system. So I'll be getting that from Gerald at Savvy sometime soon. This flip-flopping will happen a lot during this build.

- Picked up a year old Yakima Fatcat 6 ski rack from a local guy for $150. Looks brand new other than a few scuffs on the top. Good deal. Just have to drop $200 or so on the rest of the components from Yakima to mount them to the hardtop.

If anyone needs a stock swaybar setup with brand new train enamel on all components with brand new bushings, PM me!!

C2U5H is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #17
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Found an 8.8 out of a '99 Explorer on Thurs, picking it up sometime next week. Guy said he literally just uninstalled it from the SUV, only thing cut is the brake line to get the axle out. 31 spline, LSD, disc brakes ... nice. Best of all: $150.

Ordered the Artec truss and it should ship out by the end of the month (first production run I reckon since it's on pre-order now).

I'll also be ordering the sound deadening material from Second Skin Audio for the interior of the hardtop -- if I have the cash -- and prepping the exterior for new paint. If I have the time and the weather cooperates, I'll be painting this week, too.

Starting to ramp up! Week after next I'll be ordering the Anti-Rock from Savvy since I'm currently running without a sway bar at the moment.
Unread 09-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #18
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Not that this generated much interest, but this build is cancelled due to new Jeep syndrome. Moderator, feel free to delete this thread.
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #19
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinTJ99 View Post
Not that this generated much interest, but this build is cancelled due to new Jeep syndrome. Moderator, feel free to delete this thread.
What are you getting?!

Ive been trying to talk my dad into letting me trade my Jeep in on something newer.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #20
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
What are you getting?!

Ive been trying to talk my dad into letting me trade my Jeep in on something newer.
Check the sig.

On order as of 9/14:
2012 two-door Rubicon
Crush clearcoat (burnt orange)
Dual tops
Tinted windows
Auto A/C
Black leather package, heated seats
Connectivity group
Trailer tow
6-sp manual
430n nav w/Infinity 7 speaker sound system (actually sounds good for a factory stereo after you adjust the fader and EQ, and I'm an audiophile ... subwoofer is a little too "one-notey" and boomy, but what did you expect)
Power convenience package (yeah, I know, I'm a *****)

Went all the way. I'm stoked. Won't be built for a long while though as Toledo is backed up like whoa. Getting $5500 on my TJ for trade. Not too bad.

As soon as I get it I'm buying a membership here and changed my SN to "C4U5H" ... you can change your sn once you buy a membership, right? I've been here since Aug 2004 and contributed a lot of write ups so I don't feel bad waiting this long haha.
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That is quite the upgrade man! Very nice.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.