Small update after living through the deadly earthquake today (haha):
- Wire brushed the whole front portion of the frame back to the coil buckets to get rid of the rust.
- I treated the rust on the front portion of the frame back to the front coil buckets, small spot on the passenger rocker panel, and half dollar-sized hole in the passenger rear quarter using Plasti-Kote Rust Away
rust converter. Worked pretty well (I guess) and turned all the rust rock hard and black. So I guess it worked -- who knows, haha.
- Coated the front portion of the frame back to the front coil buckets with gloss black implement enamel with a brush (didn't cut the enamel down with mineral spirits at all). Went on nice, self levels leaving only a few brush marks, and dried rock hard. Won't have to do this ever again, I reckon.
- Sent back my JKS Disconnects to Quadratec. After thinking about it, I decided to just go ahead and get Currie's Anti-Rock system. So I'll be getting that from Gerald at Savvy sometime soon. This flip-flopping will happen a lot during this build.
- Picked up a year old Yakima Fatcat 6
ski rack from a local guy for $150. Looks brand new other than a few scuffs on the top. Good deal. Just have to drop $200 or so on the rest of the components from Yakima to mount them to the hardtop.
If anyone needs a stock swaybar setup with brand new train enamel on all components with brand new bushings, PM me!!