Poison Spyder Build TJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Poison Spyder Build TJ

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #61
Calven727
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks so sick on those 42s. Get chromo shafts and push Ur luck lol. That's going to be my desk top picture now.

Unread 02-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #62
Redcrazzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Lol, those tires are gigantic! Sucks about the one tons falling through but I understand your point. Try not to break anything with those massive meats.
Redcrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #63
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcrazzy View Post
Try not to break anything with those massive meats.
Guess he better not drive it then. At all.
Unread 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #64
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just read through the build... looks great man... keep up the good work! subscribed...

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #65
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Animal. Nice!
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #66
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcrazzy View Post
Lol, those tires are gigantic! Sucks about the one tons falling through but I understand your point. Try not to break anything with those massive meats.
Thanks haha yeah I just sat back and laughed for a good 5 minutes after I pulled it out of the garage. I can say this.. I will be building a set of 60's for this TJ, when I don't know but it WILL happen. Lucky for me I will have my actual 37" running Toyos under it after our trip to MOAB Easter Jeep Safari!!! So for now I'm just gonna mall craw and do some mild FL wheeling haha nothing to jeopardize the "pressure limits" just yet.

And thanks guys for the thumbs up, seeing cool feedback makes me realize that Im not the only one reading this thing haha

Mentioned a few post back remember, these tires aren't my 'stick with tire' they just came on the rims I needed for the new Lug pattern. 37's will be whats ran in a few weeks. also cromo shafts are coming for sure. no question there. I don't want this to happen again on a trail..

Here's a comparison in size from 35" on the JK to a 42" on a TJ

On another note. I ordered in another 1.5" X 40' cush pad for the counters.. Out with the old and in with the new.. So I split the mat with another worker and made good use of this in the now CLEAN garage. In cleaning the garage I rounded up a few old parts that have been taken off the jeep.. .. Any one need anything? haha I'm gonna CL most of it I guess...

Driver831 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #67
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostJeeper View Post
By the look of things id say PS had you in there pocket lol love the build
You could say that.. LOL

Unread 02-29-2012, 01:30 AM   #68
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Sick build man you work your *** off. lol

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #69
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Did you get your e-brake issue worked out? Let me know if you need a set of cables. I got the rear converted over to the disc brackets so I now have 2 complete sets of drums with cables...

I am hoping to get them installed this weekend or next with my lift.
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #70
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87
Did you get your e-brake issue worked out? Let me know if you need a set of cables. I got the rear converted over to the disc brackets so I now have 2 complete sets of drums with cables...

I am hoping to get them installed this weekend or next with my lift.
Sorta haha I don't. Think stock cables will work for my application any more. I would need to go about 5+ inches to make them work with articulation and not get hung up. Measuring it out the other day I realized I'd me stretching stock thanks tho DD. glad you got it converted over can't wait to see it with the new lift!
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #71
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Getting exhaust work done today. I have a horrific story about my experience at the dealership on warranty work they were to do. Before you laugh and post about dealers I already know what and why you are thinking what you are thinking. On my phone wasting time waiting for exhaust. I will have story time later tonight
Unread 03-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #72
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Let me first state this: I have worked in a shop for over 4 years. I’m no dummy when it comes to vehicles. But if I can’t get something to work for the life of me, I will take it somewhere who can.

With that said… Took the Jeep to the dealership Friday to get the brakes checked out. I had no pedal what so ever. All new brakes, everything. Lines, it was all redone. 4 months ago I put a booster and master on it. Well I took it to Jax Jeep Dodge to have it “diagnosed” I loaded it back up onto the trailer and dropped it off to them. 45min later the guy calls me and said “its your booster and master that are bad” Now I know they didn’t bring it into the shop and put it on a lift and check EVERYTHING out on it. In 45min .. I said “I just replaced that” needless to say I got a lil run around so I said to fix the brakes and get it done, I want them to work if that’s what it takes. 6 days later I get the phone call..” parts are in and the tech is bleeding it now should be done in a few.” (3:00pm).. I showed up at 6:00PM to pick it up, and he was still bleeding it!!!! Wtf.. If you bleed brakes in 30min and you STILL have NO pedal.. Something else is wrong!!!!! This means a FALSE diagnostic to begin with! My booster and master were fine!.... anyways the brake pedal STILL goes to the floor, stops, but all the way at the floor. Sketch I know. They charged me 1000$ for parts and labor that I didn’t even need. And I’m in the same place I was a week ago.. NO BRAKES!! I'm BROKE i dont' have 1000 to throw away to not even fix it. they wanted to keep it longer and keep charging me and I laughed.. put it back on the trailer. I went to talk to the supervisor but it was so late no1 was there. Needless to say I’m fighting for my 1000$ back.. Or ATLEAST the 650$ I’m out in just parts I didn’t need… I take it to the pros.. and I get this… I know its aftermarket.. but they “know it all”…

Needless to say I know what’s wrong. Not that I’m looking into things. I bought a BIGGER master cylinder from a 00 Dodge 3500 for the bigger cylinder bore to compensate for the larger calipers. I should have thought about this before but my mind had been racing at 10000000 miles an hr with everything else. I got so fed up with not having brakes I did the unthinkable and sent it to the dealer.
I’m sure many of you are laughing calling me a moron, and will probably stop reading this build after this one.. but things happen.
So root for me in my fight of the Service Manager Tomorrow and Sat.. cause I’m gonna need it.
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #73
rt4422
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That's ridiculous. They shouldn'tbe able to charge you $1000 for that bull
rt4422 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #74
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422 View Post
That's ridiculous. They shouldn't be able to charge you $1000 for that bull
You are so right man. Check this out...

I have fought the good fight, If there is 1 thing I have learned from my father, its to fight for what is right. After countless phone calls and the run around I finally spoke to the right higher up and got some sort of compensation. They told me to eat the labor and i can get my money back for parts.. but because there used ans restocking fee yada yada they will give me 520$ back when I give them their parts. I am NOT pleased with this one bit. not at all. Unfortunately there is only so much i can do as 1 person. So i went ahead and talked to a friend of mine at the better business bureau.. This should spark a flame somewhere. but that is where I'm at on that topic

Fixed a few problems as stated previously..

Ordered shorter shocks for the rear Rancho 9000XL's adjustable

Also a rancho steering dampener

Exhaust is complete and ran, also bent away from front drive shaft

Bump stops are in

Vent hoses ran

New Rollbar net top

adjusted pinion angle (Too far forward tho.. have to extend all 4 rear arms to recenter axle)

Brakes are FIXED by MYSELF and work GREAT!!

There are things i need to still address but I'm trying to put miles on it and break everything in so i can get a fell for the ride. Took it 40 miles on the highway today. Steers quite well with the 42's, no pulls or drags. rubs in rear on compression, 3000RPM at 70ish MPH.. not too bad.

I swapped MC's and a new booster that I purchased through work and the brakes are great, everything worked according to plan. All that was needed was the pushrod in the Booster to be extended about an inch and the proportioning valve bracken to be ground down to fit the bigger bore MC and everything else was just bolt up and bleed

Unread 03-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #75
willman611
1997 ZJ 

Just read completely through this. As a fellow college student. Iknow how you feel with the tests coming at the absolute wrong times. college seems to make you think its gonna be easy and then you get slammed with so much to do. I honestly don't know how you can managed working that much at the same time. i went on student leave when i started school and can go back to work whenever I have a break. Long story short....Not to be a d**k but you make me feel better about how busy i am because i couldn't imagine having your schedule. But keep it up man the jeep looks amazing and i cant wait till im home for summer and working again to be able to start working on a jeep again. Oh and im surprised you got away with as much as you did having your workshop set up in the parking lot because at my apartments the the owner threatens to tow even if there is ONE or TWO trashbags in the bed of a truck.. But once again keep up the good work and just remember, your doing what many can't and wish they could.
willman611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.