Poison Spyder Build TJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Poison Spyder Build TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 02-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #46
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Shame you had to give up on the one tons. Build is looking awesome otherwise! Very nice TJ.
I know :-/.. Having the full size axles and then cutting them down, and fully customizing it for a DD rig.. Wasn't a can I wanted to open juuuust yet. lol planing on finding a used 60 rear and building it in the garage over a few months and then maybe swapping it out. Jeremy from Rock Krawler wants to make the TJ a Stretched Wheel base.. who know what will happen tho. Could see that happen in a combo..

But I too am sad about it ha

Driver831 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #47
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

WooHoo! Exhaust came in yesterday morning at work. Magnaflow is what I'm gonna cling onto this time around. Nothing against Banks, but I gotta see what all the talk is about on the Magnaflow set up on the TJ. Had to work all weekend so I haven't even picked up the rear end from RCPC. Been crazy busy, 7000$ days 4 days in a row! (If your in sales you can appreciate)
Unread 02-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #48
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Keep up those kinds of days and you will never get time off to finish the jeep! LOL
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #49
mj24lyons
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Are you going to get a header and new exhaust piping or just the muffler, cat, and tip?
mj24lyons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #50
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj24lyons
Are you going to get a header and new exhaust piping or just the muffler, cat, and tip?
Most likely going to stick with factory header. But getting all new pipe ran from there to the back.
Unread 02-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #51
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87 View Post
Keep up those kinds of days and you will never get time off to finish the jeep! LOL
Tell me about it!!! Gotta make that green! picking up rear end tomorrow.

Hopefully you will see me on the road Thurs. Thats my plan for taking it to the exhaust shop

hopefully! haha
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #52
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver831 View Post
Tell me about it!!! Gotta make that green! picking up rear end tomorrow.

Hopefully you will see me on the road Thurs. Thats my plan for taking it to the exhaust shop

hopefully! haha
Nice!!

I have to buy a couple more things and I will be doing the lift and installing those axles...Going to get some more rear disc brackets and a ZJ tie rod from the jy this weekend and get a RE adjustable track bar from 4Wheel Parts tonight. So it looks like 1 more week as it is now and then time for lift. We will meet up @ the poker run I am sure!
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #53
LostJeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

By the look of things id say PS had you in there pocket lol love the build
LostJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #54
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Magnaflow Hi Flo Cat, you will love it. Jeep breathes so much better, and a much healthier exhaust note.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #55
04WJny
1987 YJ Wrangler 

what a bad *** jeep. sweet build man keep it up
In the process of putting in an 8.8, d30, 4.10's, SOA, and a homemade belly up skid
[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sloooooow-blue-yj-build-1234350"]My YJ Build[/URL][/CENTER]
04WJny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #56
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Where to start.. Today I got hosed by my own powder coater! wtf. it was every bit of a ball dropping snowball never gonna get what i wanted out of this dude kind of day/week. I don't want to go into details let alone bash the dude.. But for the record, I got hosed ..

I got my rear end back today.. Not sandblasted, not epoxy primed and not epoxied black. Instead this is what was shown up to my door 2 weeks later. Red, and painted over all the impurities.. GRRRR So if you see a red tint in these next few pictures look past it. please? haha

changed out the brakes, lines, and cylinders on it before install, also spray baumed (in dark) Krylon Gloss.

Triangulated 4 link looks so0o0o sick.. I'm pretty sure i laid under the Jeep for a good 10 min just looking at it!

New list of things to asses....1) Need longer rear drive shaft. 2) need shorter rear shocks. 3) need new e-brake cables for rear. (DriverDown if you don't use mine let me know) 4) Positioning of Brake lines. 5) heat and bend exhaust away from front drive shaft. 6) steering dampener.

In these pictures you can agree that all of these need to be addressed lol. Most likely in that order

Unread 02-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #57
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver831 View Post
3) need new e-brake cables for rear. (DiverDown if you don't use mine let me know)
PM me. I think I have an extra set from my drums when i did my conversion to discs. I may end up using your axles as they are until I can find another set of rear disc parts.
Unread 02-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #58
red88MJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks good brother!

MY LJ BUILD... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/new-project-1066918/
red88MJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #59
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tightened up some loose ends on it this afternoon. Steering stabilizer on it. Ran some brake lines (I am the worst brake line bender with or without a tool) and pulled it out of the garage. It actually fit haha was surprised. Didn't even have to air down to clear. Looks like I'll be parking it in the garage when I have the top down!

Taking it to exhaust shop in the AM so I loaded it on the trailer tonight.

Quiz in Thermo tomorrow morning. joy..

Unread 02-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #60
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks damn good!
I suggest maybe getting the fastback top and selling off or storing the old top and hardware to be able to park in garage with top up....LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.