Poison Spyder Build TJ - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Poison Spyder Build TJ

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #31
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So I put in my order for all new front axle truss and bracketry work for the new axles. T & T Customs were great at working with me on exactly what i needed. I definitely recommend them if your looking for axle parts, trusses or brackets!
http://www.tntcustoms.com/axleanddrivetrain.aspx

Took the Jeep out for a midnight run to test out the Long Arm. It worked GREAT. SMOOTH ride!

Driver831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #32
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got the order in from T&T Customs a few days ago. the front HP44 Truss looks sweet! built in Rock Krawler driver upper mount housing for it. best thing about it is the option to push the axle forward with eas of moving the spring buckets back up to 2.5"!! may have to do this for the 42" fitment! haha. also picked up the tires and rims with axles today. all and all my roommate was right.. Its like Christmas ever 2 weeks here. The UPS guy knows me by name ha

gotta clean up axles, torch off everything and the mounts for new trusses front and rear. also rerunning brake lines and changing dif covers. ha i don't do chrome...

For Specs Axles have 4.88 Motive Gears and Posi front and rear. Rear is about to get a Detroit tho.. don't like posi in rear ends.. i dunno why.
42" Goodyear MT Kevlars on 17X10 Eagle Aluminum rims. got a lot of work ahead for this month. possible cage coming and Rigid lighting????? no idea

Unread 01-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #33
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So my garage is a complete mess! I hate working in a mess cause I trip over EVERYTHING! Hacked off axle brackets to ready the new truss for the front. I have to decide how far forward I want to move the front axle. Emailed Jeremy at Rock Krawler about the limits of the 5.5 Long Arm. I'm hoping for at least 1" to an 1.25" may not seem like much... but makes ALL the difference with the short wheel base. Also need to decide on a Steering stabilizer bracket to mount on the truss from T&T Customs. haven't quite figured that one out. I have 1 month to get axles under it, exhaust re ran, drive shafts, steering, and brakes. along with the 523466 other little things ha.

Don't let people tell you an axle swap is cake work. Getting all your angles correct, tac welding, removal to fully weld then to powder coat housing. I hope its ready for March Madness at 4WheelParts Orlando FL. thes the only thing that's killing me is I know I have a time limit. School is kicking my butt right now and work sucks. Engineering and Math major's I don't wish upon anyone.

blah blah just rambling..

Unread 01-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #34
EugeneTheTJ
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...

2003 TJ Wrangler 

a 44 and an 8.8 for 42s?

EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #35
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

42"s aren't permanent I promise! They came on the rims so I figured I'd ride out for a few weeks till i get the 37"s I want for the 17X10" rims.. My old rims lug pattern won't bolt up to the new axles
Unread 02-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #36
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wake up, fo to class, then go to work, then spend the whole night working on the Jeep.. Guess I wouldn't have it any other way. ha

Started the removal of the front axle today and this evening. Glad I have an awesome assortment of jacks and cinder blocks. My appt complex is just gonna love me... Old bump stops are SHOT. ha Half was already rotted away. Out goes the rest of the Procomp lift and in the the Rock Krawler springs and pads. T&T Customs did a killer job on the truss for this 44, just have to decide where I want my stabilizer for the steering. Haven't decided yet. Also need to get a drag link for the pitman arm to the pass tire.

The 44 looks so pretty under the TJ even not painted or welded it just looks like it belongs.

Test Friday in Thermo 2. looks like I got a few days off

Unread 02-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #37
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So I lied.. This morning I woke up super early to get the front somewhat in position. Shocks on, trackbar in place, upper arm adjusted correctly, and wala! 42" tires clear in the front!

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #38
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

God school sucks! Tests come at the worse time, so does work. I'm startin to stress out about this build with everything colliding together on me. Appt complex is NOT happy with the current state of the build

Got the notice on the door today, so I put the old axle under it but still on jacks. Front end should be here tomorrow from River City Powder Coat. But Structures test thurs, and Thermo quiz Fri, also work all weekend. Test in Vector Analysis Wend. I'm kinda in tweak mode! Remember I have till march 10th to have this thing 100% mobile, I gotta get it together!

Now that I'm done venting... Figured sense I'm taking rotors off to get axle done I'll replace seals bearings and use my rotor machine that has been collecting dust. also to be "cost efficient" I'm (FOR NOW) going with a 'bastard joint' for my drive shafts. Just to cut cost right now and put it into something I can't simple fix. Using all National seals and bearings.. I figure sense its already all apart, I might as well put new in it now, not 75mph on the highway haha

On final tacking on the truss I went with a 7-8 degree caster, stock is 7. wanted to go 5, but wanted a window of error in case my gage is off or not on level ground surface. I'm happy with my decision tho.
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #39
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got the front end modded in, everything lined up just as I expected! ha would post a picture of it but since the appt complex came down on me, I had to move my operation into the garage, space is tight! Went with a 18 degree pinion angle for the 8.8. With this angle the only drive shaft angle is at the double cardon on the SYE at the T-case.

Going with the triangulated 4 link rear im doing away with a rear sway bar as well as a track bar. In doing this tho i had to remove exhaust to make the upper arms work. Exhaust also hits front drive shaft.. this needs to be addressed with a few other minute things.

Rear end is at the powder coater and should have back in the next few days.. test Wednesday and hopefully this weekend it will be back on the road for a madin voyage! well without exhaust lol. but driving!
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #40
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

In the process of touching up a few loose ends while the rear ends is getting powder coated Cleaning up the undercarriage and painting the belly to black it out. Wourth SKS Undercoating. Trying to get some measurements on my new exhaust setup. Going with a smaller cat and muffler. I'm thinking Magnaflow or Banks for exhaust.. Haven't decided yet. Also setting up some steering angles and numbers for cromo steering. Going OTK with it!

Failed my Vector Analysis test today.. but hey! The Jeeps moving along nice! LOL!

Unread 02-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #41
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Great update, coming along nicely.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #42
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at what I have to do for my exhaust system revamp. With the HP44 the front drive shaft hits the exhaust coming off the manifold that runs down the oil pan. Also the cat is squeezes in between the frame mount and the transmission. With the triangulated 4 link like I said, its gotta get reran.

On another note I am doing some upgrades on the drives hafts to convert them to the flange style yoke and D44 front yoke

Unread 02-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #43
97jeepsport
1998 TJ Wrangler 

subscribed nice looking jeep !
97jeepsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #44
Driver831
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered brake lines today, thinking of running them through the rear truss.

Think that would be the best way to keep them out of the way of everything. Playing the waiting game on parts.. Time to enjoy a Fri night and chill!
Unread 02-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #45
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Shame you had to give up on the one tons. Build is looking awesome otherwise! Very nice TJ.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.