Plus 1 horse power: The after build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Plus 1 horse power: The after build

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 03-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #16
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

what sensor you need again? I have my evap canister sitting on my garage floor and its not going back into my jeep. I can take a part off it if i have it...Otherwise i will probably just toss mine, or sell it to someone who smashed there stock one.

Unread 03-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #17
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
what sensor you need again? I have my evap canister sitting on my garage floor and its not going back into my jeep. I can take a part off it if i have it...Otherwise i will probably just toss mine, or sell it to someone who smashed there stock one.
there is a small line that runs from the tank to the fuel filler neck, it goes into the neck maybe 2" from the cap. my guess is this is to sense whether or not the gas cap is on, but today i snapped it off of the filler neck.

ill either shave it and attempt to press it back in, get one off of a friends rig no longer using the stock filler neck, or ask the parts guy at my work what it would cost to order a new one, if it's cheap ill just order it. if not ill just get some flexible rubber line for a lawn mower or something and run that into it.
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #18
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
there is a small line that runs from the tank to the fuel filler neck, it goes into the neck maybe 2" from the cap. my guess is this is to sense whether or not the gas cap is on, but today i snapped it off of the filler neck.

ill either shave it and attempt to press it back in, get one off of a friends rig no longer using the stock filler neck, or ask the parts guy at my work what it would cost to order a new one, if it's cheap ill just order it. if not ill just get some flexible rubber line for a lawn mower or something and run that into it.
ok. worst case scenario i didnt throw out my filler neck yet either.
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #19
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
i wonder what shipping would be on something like that? haha ill probably end up with the small flexible hose idea. seems the easiest.
Unread 03-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #20
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
welp, i'm a ******* the small tube is a vent, found out today when i tried to fill up today, it was acting like a water bottle if you were to try to pour it, thats when i thought to myself "well ****" i pulled out my make shift plug and whoala!
Unread 03-06-2014, 05:57 PM   #21
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Ha that's great. Im gonna toss mine than
Unread 03-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #22
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Ha that's great. Im gonna toss mine than
Haha I still will need to run a line, I'm pretty sure the jk should have a sensor for fuel storage leaks. But I think I'll so with the small rubber line
Unread 03-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #23
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Plus one horsepower is a great title , especially considering how everything turned out . Look forward to the stretch , keep up the good work .
Unread 03-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #24
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Plus one horsepower is a great title , especially considering how everything turned out . Look forward to the stretch , keep up the good work .
thanks for the support! loving how the jeep is turning out btw, still love that trailer
Unread 03-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #25
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

Have you considered just moving the frame side control arm mounts backwards instead of getting all new control arms? That's what we did with our 2-door stretch. It started off with a BDS 4" long arm lift, and then we just moved the new control arm mounts backwards on the frame 4" from where they were supposed to be installed. That way you can still keep the same suspension geometry
mtnbiker995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #26
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker995 View Post
Have you considered just moving the frame side control arm mounts backwards instead of getting all new control arms? That's what we did with our 2-door stretch. It started off with a BDS 4" long arm lift, and then we just moved the new control arm mounts backwards on the frame 4" from where they were supposed to be installed. That way you can still keep the same suspension geometry
i thought about it, but i wanted all new control arms, something thatll allow more flex, longer with better joints was the way to go imo, i'm hoping not much will change aside from anti squat
Unread 03-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #27
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was reading the thread thinking "damn...how many jeepers hit horses?..."

Then I realized you started another thread

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #28
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
i thought about it, but i wanted all new control arms, something thatll allow more flex, longer with better joints was the way to go imo, i'm hoping not much will change aside from anti squat
I'm not positive but won't you have to make new upper and lower shock mounts to eliminate bind since you're changing the geometry? I'm just wondering and by no means an expert, I could be completely wrong haha
mtnbiker995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #29
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
I was reading the thread thinking "damn...how many jeepers hit horses?..."

Then I realized you started another thread

Sent by a messenger bird
haha, the other one was full of plans that were never executed, plus i hated sorting through the threads in the jk forum since i spend my time reading over here anyways. easy fix was to make a thread here and only post about mods after i make them.
Unread 03-07-2014, 06:39 AM   #30
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Your anti squat will definitely change as well as other things.. Id throw it in the 3 link calculator if you know your rigs weights/measurements. As for the guy saying shock mounts will cause bind not sure wtf hes getting at...

Tags
jeep , jk , stretched , stretched jk , stretched two door

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.