Plus 1 horse power: The after build - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Plus 1 horse power: The after build

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #136
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

No much to add today. Just that I purchased my rear shocks. Went with 12" travel. I'll test it out. If I want more then the plan is to 3 link the rear. Move the 12"ers to the front. Then go 14" rear. I highly doubt I will considering the shocks are still inboarded. Plus I really don't need that much travel for my use

Unread 04-30-2014, 09:49 PM   #137
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

For no reason what so ever.
Unread 05-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #138
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Alright well made a little progress. Fuel system is done for the most part with no codes evap is now located right behind the fuel tank. Much nicer location even though it's only being held up with zip ties for the moment

Had the Jeep on stock coils for a moment so I could sell the lift. Then I realized I was all but on the bump stops. Looks like I'll just wait a little while on selling that. Still got to park her and get some pics

This week I think I'll finally trim the front fenders to match the rear
Also helped some friends out
Watched my buddy port and polish his head. "Help"

Mounted my friends tires on the wheels for his rat rod. Can't tell but mickey Thompson drag radials in the rear

And got a pic of the line up
Unread 05-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #139
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm liking the flare into the cut corner fade in the rear...very nice line! Also, I thought you were going to use TJ flares? Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Unread 05-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #140
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker995 View Post
I'm liking the flare into the cut corner fade in the rear...very nice line! Also, I thought you were going to use TJ flares? Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
the rear is a tj flare! when i move out of this state i hope to use a stock tj flare and not the 7"er from rugged ridge i am now. i likes the wheel poke. i still have the fronts laying in my garage. ill probably trim the stock fronts to match, maybe paint them so they look the same shade and give the front tj flares to someone
Unread 05-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #141
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski
the rear is a tj flare! when i move out of this state i hope to use a stock tj flare and not the 7"er from rugged ridge i am now. i likes the wheel poke. i still have the fronts laying in my garage. ill probably trim the stock fronts to match, maybe paint them so they look the same shade and give the front tj flares to someone
Wow I can barely tell its different from a trimmed jk fender other than width, nice job! I'd say just trim the stock fronts but after seeing how the rears turned out, maybe you could make something work with the TJ fronts and sell your factory ones

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Unread 05-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #142
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Wow I can barely tell its different from a trimmed jk fender other than width, nice job! I'd say just trim the stock fronts but after seeing how the rears turned out, maybe you could make something work with the TJ fronts and sell your factory ones

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
thanks man! idk what i'm going to do yet. i'm not hugely concerned about selling them.
Unread 05-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #143
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

Then just trim both and figure out which one you like best, that's what I'd do if I had multiple sets of fenders lol
Unread 05-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #144
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Then just trim both and figure out which one you like best, that's what I'd do if I had multiple sets of fenders lol
I have a feeling the to flares will have a hard time contouring to the jks body. I think I'll stick with the jk flare
Unread 05-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #145
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski
I have a feeling the to flares will have a hard time contouring to the jks body. I think I'll stick with the jk flare
Didn't even think of that. Good point

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 05-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #146
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

well, i got the shocks in today, over a week early! so it looks like ill be mounting them up this weekend. id also like to do a full shake down of the steering as i've been getting a pretty bad bump steer as of late. i know the rk heim is a little shot in the track bar, but i'm also thinking the single bend in it might be causing the bump steer. hoping i don't have to replace it.
after that i'm facing two decisions
ill either say good bye to the lcog life. i'm in need to get my belly height up before summer wheeling season. so i'm looking at 4" springs
or if needed, id also like to do reid knuckles and a new tie rod, maybe even drag link.

this summer id also like to make two major deductions to the bank, one being tires and the other being a cage. hopefully both. hopefully monies is plenty. i still need to sell that genright bumper, stock drive shaft, and a few other goodies.
Unread 05-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #147
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
well, i got the shocks in today, over a week early! so it looks like ill be mounting them up this weekend. id also like to do a full shake down of the steering as i've been getting a pretty bad bump steer as of late. i know the rk heim is a little shot in the track bar, but i'm also thinking the single bend in it might be causing the bump steer. hoping i don't have to replace it.
after that i'm facing two decisions
ill either say good bye to the lcog life. i'm in need to get my belly height up before summer wheeling season. so i'm looking at 4" springs
or if needed, id also like to do reid knuckles and a new tie rod, maybe even drag link.

this summer id also like to make two major deductions to the bank, one being tires and the other being a cage. hopefully both. hopefully monies is plenty. i still need to sell that genright bumper, stock drive shaft, and a few other goodies.
What tires?!
Unread 05-08-2014, 11:18 PM   #148
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
What tires?!
no idea, the falkens still have a bit of life in them. so itll have to be a while. i'm thinking something along the lines of a kook and pro on the dyno.
Unread 05-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #149
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

i've hit a sort of conundrum the past few weeks. i know for sure the steering needs to be finished. but idk whether to continue to keep pouring money into a brand new vehicle, or take that money and build from scratch. i was scrolling through some photos when a friend caught a photo, it was just a picture i had saved thinking the jeep looked nice, it was so old but kind of funny to realize i had saved an earlier picture of chris durhams tj truck. a rig at the time i knew nothing about, but a rig now that i've come to love. no idea if he kept it after ejs or whatever but the thought has kind of grown on me over the past few weeks. id keep the jk, well.... most likely, finish the steering a start saving. something similar to the glorious dumpster, not nearly as nice the the same concept, a tj truck built cheaply enough. decisions. decisions. i told my buddy if he could find a cheap shell and frame id consider buying
Unread 05-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #150
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

If you plan on buying a second rig, why would you pop so much money on steering for your current one?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Tags
jeep , jk , stretched , stretched jk , stretched two door

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.