PiratECU's Build Up... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > PiratECU's Build Up...

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-27-2008, 11:04 PM   #31
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I appreciate all the comments on my Jeep, its awesome to hear support from other people. Makes me feel successful in the direction I'm headed with my Jeep. To everyone coming to ECU next year, WELCOME! Around here you either love it, or you hate it! Most everyone loves it!!! Hope ya'll settle in nicely to the Pirate Life. I'll be down here during the summer getting some classes out of the way, if you're down here be looking for me!

PiratECU23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #32
snakester14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratECU23 View Post
I appreciate all the comments on my Jeep, its awesome to hear support from other people. Makes me feel successful in the direction I'm headed with my Jeep. To everyone coming to ECU next year, WELCOME! Around here you either love it, or you hate it! Most everyone loves it!!! Hope ya'll settle in nicely to the Pirate Life. I'll be down here during the summer getting some classes out of the way, if you're down here be looking for me!
Looking good man you hit any trails yet? I can't wait for ECU next year are their any trails around their? Love those rims by the way.

Jake
snakester14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2008, 08:39 PM   #33
justanotherhemi
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Great looking Jeep. I love you choice of wheels and tires.
()_)-()_)--o-)_)
justanotherhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #34
razorback84

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great
razorback84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #35
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It has been a while since I've been on the forum. Haven't done anything to the Jeep since my lift and new tires. I'm now adding to my list of things that I would like to do. By the end of the year, I hope to have an LoD rear tire carrier to carry around my full size spare. Add some D-rings to that. Next, I want a Warn Rockcrawler front bumper with a winch plate and the grill guard. Of course top it off with some D-rings as well. Probably in the next few days I'm going to add some KC replacement fog lights to the front. I already have the wiring done from the factory, but I don't have fog lights. From what I've read, it sounds like a "plug-and-play" kind of add on. For right now, that's all I'm looking to do. In a year, I'll do some more expensive things like get a D44 in the rear and regear plus a SYE/CV driveshaft to eliminate the transfer case drop. As most of you can relate, this list just keeps going on and on.... haha
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #36
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This is the warn bumper/winch plate/grill guard/fog light/D-ring set up I'm looking at... this is a picture of SteelBlueTJ's rig. Looks nice!

This is the LoD rear tire carrier I'm looking at...
Unread 09-27-2009, 07:43 AM   #37
YJPirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Good looking Jeep man!!! Are you still in Greenville? I've been here going on 4 years now and dont recall ever seeing your jeep.
YJPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2009, 11:56 PM   #38
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've been here since the fall of 2006, I'm due to graduate in December of next year. I'm in the College of Nursing, so my Jeep stays around the hospital mostly during the week.
Unread 09-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #39
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good man. You gonna wheel it anytime soon?

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #40
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
Looks good man. You gonna wheel it anytime soon?
I'll have to admit, the only wheeling I've done is at the deer lease and on the beach at the Outer Banks. I got the Jeep new, so I've tried to put some years on it and mentally "break it in" before I wheel it and test the limits. Eventually, this ride will be my toy and my butt won't pucker every time I put a scratch on it or have a close call with it. haha All in due time!

Some good news, for the past month I was beginning to worry that I had the dreaded death wobble. It was a shimmy that would shake the steering column, but never seemed to amount to what some reported. In other words, it didn't make me feel like crapping my britches... just felt like a tire balance problem that I've experienced on other cars/SUVs. So today, I took it and got the tires ROAD FORCE balanced!!! Let me tell you, difference is night and day!!! On the drive home, the shimmy had disappeared and my steering felt a TON tighter.

I had ordered a steering stabilizer to firm up the steering, but held off on putting it on until I got the shimmy/shake taken care of so I wouldn't be masking any other issues. So I drove the Jeep around the rest of the day trying to repeat the shimmy and couldn't do it! So I got under the Jeep and yanked the old stabilizer out and put in my new Skyjacker steering stabilizer. Overall, pretty easy install... Just hateful at times! Nothing a few choice words and grunts didn't fix... haha!

Oh, and I added a locking gas hatch cover a few weeks ago. EASIEST install I've done on the Jeep yet! It takes 4 screws to complete, and I think it really cleans up the open look of the fuel area. I apologize for the darkness, had the camera out for the stabilizer and got a few shots of the fuel door and it was starting to get dark.

Unread 09-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #41
CMEvans79
2007 JK Wrangler 

NICE JEEP! It is looking sharp!
CMEvans79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #42
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just a little update...

I have an LoD rear tire carrier ordered and on the way! Also coming soon around Christmas is the Warn front bumper. I'm going to get the grill guard and put a winch on it as I get money. I'll get pictures up when the shipments come in and when I get them on the Jeep!
Unread 12-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #43
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have been extremely slack this year putting up updates. I have a new front and rear bumper (with tire carrier) and a full size spare now. For Christmas I'm looking at getting a rear D44 with 4.88 gears and regear the front as well. When money permits, I want to get a SYE and driveshaft done as well. From there I want to get some 35s underneath the Jeep. Depending on clearance issues, I'll get a JKS body lift. A Currie steering and an antirock for the front would be icing on the cake. I'll get it all done eventually, hopefully sooner than later. Eventually I want some 37s on the Jeep, but we'll cross that bridge when my Jeep isn't my primary and only vehicle... haha

I graduate this month so I'll finally be having some consistent income in the months to follow.
Unread 12-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #44
homeboy1991
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks good, How do you like your lift?
homeboy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #45
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry about not answering for freaking forever... I don't get on here much anymore other than to look at the Jeep Picture Request section. I've been completely satisfied with the lift though. Sit's closer to where 4" lifts sit than 3" lifts. I haven't had any problems out of it at all. I'm looking to upgrade my axle and get an SYE before the year is over so I can get the Jeep on some 35s.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.