PiratECU's Build Up... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > PiratECU's Build Up...

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

PiratECU's Build Up...

Alright guys, after 2 years of being on the forum, and a few months shy of 2 years owning my 2006 Jeep Wrangler X I finally can show off a little!!!

Nothing too extreme, at least not yet. I have kept my Jeep completely stock since May of 2006, and it has been extremely painful to see all the nice Jeeps on here (not just Wranglers, but all the beauties on here) without getting to do anything to my own. I'm a college student so money is tight. Since I've had the Jeep all I've put on it is some Olympic reverse-a-bars and white out turn signals... so its time for change!!

Anyway, for Christmas I bought a 3" Full Traction lift from northridge, some skyjacker hydro shocks, and some Procomp 8179 wheels.

My wheels were on backorder, so I'm still waiting on them to come in. Once I have those I can purchase some tires. I am looking at getting BF Goodrich A/T or the Muds, or I might go with Procomp Mud Terrains since they are cheaper. Just depends on what deal I can get for the BF Goodrich.

PiratECU23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

These are some before pictures... and to show the VERY minor changes I've made so far...

And for just a little school pride!!! ARRRGGHH

I'll be putting the lift and getting everything together in the next few weeks. I got to get a weekend where I can go home and get all this stuff put on!! Oh, and in case anyone was wondering I'm going with a 33x12.5 tire...
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
AlTheKillerr

very clean jeep! cant wait to see her lifted
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Very clean Jeep! Good luck with the build, those wheels look great!
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wheels came in today FINALLY!!! Gah, I only ordered in freaking December... stupid backorder... Oh well, they're finally here and that means I'll be getting the Jeep lifted over my spring break in a few weeks. Maybe sooner if I can't wait that long. Pictures will be up through the process I'm sure.

Picture isn't all that great... thats the best I could do from school... (trying to get the little sister 200 miles away to take a decent picture isn't all that easy.) It is the Procomp 8179, so if you want better pictures then you can search for them until I get better ones.
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

dude ECU sux! UNCW all the way! lol jk i've got some friends that go there, jeep looks nice, cant wait to see it with that lift and wheels and what ever tires your choose,
Unread 02-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
Higgs98XJ

2001 WJ 

ya i kinda off topic, but how you liking ECU? I applied and havent heard back but im thinking of going. I havent even visited yet. How far away from the beach?

UNCW told me to transfer in 09. **** all y'all

Past: '98 XJ Sport
Higgs98XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #8
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

thats retarded they told you to transfer, UNCW was actually my back up school, i got told to the same about NC state, so i'm transfering in a year, but i love it here theres some fun wheeling around here there and the beach is only 5 min away
Unread 02-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs98XJ View Post
ya i kinda off topic, but how you liking ECU? I applied and havent heard back but im thinking of going. I havent even visited yet. How far away from the beach?

UNCW told me to transfer in 09. **** all y'all
ECU was my backup school. But it turned out to be a good place for me. I really like it. We have a great football team, they've really gotten better in the past few years. Not to mention our Bowl win this year!!! There are quite a few clubs downtown, if you're into that kind of thing. (I'm not...) My FAVORITE part of this town is that there is literally EVERY possible necessity within 3 miles of the campus. You have target, best buy, circuit city, wal-mart, harris teeter, etc.... and they are all really close. I strongly recommend taking a visit.
Atlantic Beach is the closest beach and that is about an hour and 10 minutes at most depending on traffic. There are a lot of great inlet towns pretty close to Greenville, NC with beautiful water views.

I don't have anything against UNCW at all. I could have went there, but figured being THAT close to the beach a little too distracting. Overall, I'm happy with my decision in coming to ECU.
Unread 02-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #10
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

yeah nothing against ECU either, just wanted to make some fuss, im not too much of a beach person, i love it but i dont go there every other day i've been good at not getting distracted from it, what was your first choice?
edit, just realized this is kinda off topic so back on to your jeep what kinda tires you gonna get?
Unread 02-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #11
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
yeah nothing against ECU either, just wanted to make some fuss, im not too much of a beach person, i love it but i dont go there every other day i've been good at not getting distracted from it, what was your first choice?
edit, just realized this is kinda off topic so back on to your jeep what kinda tires you gonna get?
My first choice was UNC-Chapel Hill, but apparently I didn't fit what they were looking for. Over the past 2 years here at ECU and visiting friends at UNC, I found that MOST, not all, of the people there are very weird and seem to be very snobby and have a sense of being better than everyone else.

As for the tires, I'm pretty sure I'm going with BF Goodrich all terrain because through a guy I know, I'm getting 33x12.5 for $119 a tire... that is the ABSOLUTE cheapest I've found anywhere.
Unread 02-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #12
Higgs98XJ

2001 WJ 

Ya i still dont really know what i want. I cant choose between the colorado mountains or the carolina beaches ( or carolinas in general). Its a little bit harder to get in out of state though. Thanks for the input

to stay on topic...

tint, bumpers, lights, and paint your flares. Respec on the ATs. They wear like iron

Unread 02-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #13
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Higgs, are you thinking about University of Colorado at Boulder?
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #14
Higgs98XJ

2001 WJ 

ya i am, and CSU. My brother went to boulder and its off the hook. But i feel bad jacking the thread so ima shut up now.

Unread 03-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #15
PiratECU23
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lift,Tires, and Wheels are going on later today... Its 2:00 in the morning right now... Starting at 9:00 a.m., hope to have it done by late evening!!! I'm incredibly excited, been waiting on this day for 2 years now!! Pictures will be posted late tonight, or sometime on Sunday!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.