The Pipeliner's Rubicon Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Pipeliner's Rubicon Build

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 12-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
jwaller89

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The Pipeliner's Rubicon Build

I'm starting this mostly to keep up with everything I've been doing to my Jeep. I work out of town, and I'm home for only a few days every couple months. I order stuff for it, have it sent home, and put as much of it on as I can with the time I have. I also want to keep from changing my mind about what I want to do with it and what order I want to do it in. Maybe this will help if I write it down here.

This is my 3rd Jeep. My addiction started with a 95 YJ I bought from a friend dirt cheap. He rolled it at his deer lease and just wanted to get rid of it. Had that for a while, then sold it because I needed something to travel in for work. I traded it in on a Dodge pickup. But I missed that Jeep. So my neighbor was selling an 82 CJ-7 that needed some carb work done to it, and I bought it. Rebuilt the carb on it, and I only had it for a month before someone offered me way more that I paid for it, and I couldn't say no. Well, a few months went by, and I wanted a Jeep again. So I went to a dealership to look at the new JK's, and I didn't care for them that much. A few days after that, they called me and told me they just received a 2004 white Rubicon, and they thought I might be interested in it. I drove over there and saw it as I was pulling in. It was love at first sight. It had everything I wanted in it, so I traded my truck in on it, and they gave me a hell of a deal on it. Here's how it looked the day I brought her home in February 2011.

It had stock sized KM2's on it and a 2" BB. 100099 Miles. I didn't do anything to it at all at first. I was busy with work, and had a fascination with guns, so I never did anything to it. I finally found a Jeep club out of Waco later that year. On Easter this past year, I went on my first trail ride in Gilmer. I loved it.

http://s1206.beta.photobucket.com/us...20Easter%20Run

Up until then, the only thing I had done to it was put a MetalCloak front bumper on it, a sound system, and the Novak t-case shifter. I put the Savvy MML on it back in May, and put some 33" Kevlars on it shortly after that. In August of this year, I put the Genright 25 gallon gas tank under it. And when I was home for Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago, I got a few other things on it. Antirock, CB, Currie Steering, hand throttle. And I think that's all I've got on it so far. I have the MetalCloak rear tire carrier sitting at my house waiting to be put on, maybe I can do that on Christmas.
But my plans are:

35's
Get my 44's bulletproof to not worry about them on 35's.
MetalCloak Everything. Suspention, fenders, armor, etc...
Savvy Under Armor
Winch of some kind

I'm hoping to have all this stuff in by summer. Take a couple weeks off and get it all put in and go on a trip somewhere.

Long term: Stretch, 40's, and ORI's.

Link to some Pictures of the most recent offroad trip.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=8059d7d826

Originally Posted by 5-90
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piet
FYI: For concerned parents out there. The wrangler has fairly good frontal, offset, and rollover crashworthiness ratings. IE: You walk away from a crash, and write posts on how you plan to re-build your rig.

just4effect.com sub box review
jwaller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
jwaller89

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Reserved for future use.
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
Quote:
FYI: For concerned parents out there. The wrangler has fairly good frontal, offset, and rollover crashworthiness ratings. IE: You walk away from a crash, and write posts on how you plan to re-build your rig.

Unread 01-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
jwaller89

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Had very little time to wrench on the Jeep over the short holiday break. All I managed to get bolted on is the rear bumper base from MetalCloak.

One of the guys in our Jeep club build an RTI ramp, and we played around on it one day.

Not sure when I'll be able to make it home and put more stuff on her at the moment. Work has been really busy. I bought some speakers and an amp and I'll be working on it in the near future hopefully.
Quote:

Unread 01-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
jwaller89

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's been raining here in northern Louisiana a lot lately. So Work has sucked, but I've had a few rain-outs and finished installing my sound system. I installed 5 1/4" JL Audio C2 components in the dash and the soundbar, and a JL amp to push them. It sounds way better now. I had the day off today, which seems like the first time in forever. So I took the top and doors off and rode around. It was a nice 70 degrees here. I stopped by Home Depot to get some stuff for work, and I bought some carpet to cover the underside of my hardtop. And I got some of that done today.
Top off at the RV park

Flipped the top over to start covering.

I got grey indoor/outdoor carpet.

That's all I managed to get done on it before I got lazy. I'll finish the rest when I get the chance.

And here's a few pictures on what I've been dealing with at work lately.

I'm hoping to have a pile of parts at my house waiting on me. I'm planning on taking a week or two off work to head home in April or May and get it all put on.
Unless I get a weekend off, it might be a while before I have another update.
Quote:

Unread 03-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
jwaller89

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered the new 10w6v3's to try them out. And that's it for now.

Quote:

Unread 06-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
jwaller89

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So our Jeep Club has decided to go to Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer in October. I plan on having my Jeep on 35's before then.

Things Needed:
Metalcloak Arched Fenders
Replace my stock lockers with ARB's front and rear
Ten Factory axle shafts
Gears. 4.88 I suppose
Sleeves and Gussets for the front 44
New wheels, and 35" MTR Kevlars.

I plan on ordering the ARB's by the end of this month to get the free compressor.
MetalCloaks and axles in July
Wheels and tires in August.
Then get it geared in September.
I was planning on having Baertrax in Dallas set up my Gears and ARB's, but it looks like I'm going to be stuck here in Louisiana working for a while. So I need to find a good shop over here to do them.
Quote:

Unread 06-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
jwaller89

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Placed an order today for two ARB lockers and the HO compressor, and the Warn Zeon 8-s winch. Looks like I'll have it at my house waiting on me Tuesday. I'm going to order the S-Pod source system and maybe the Rigid 10" light bar, or maybe a pair of D2's next week. I won't have another chance to make it home until the weekend of the 4th at least. So that's when the winch, compressor, and S-Pod will be put in.
Quote:

Unread 06-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thats a lot of parts to get installed while you are on the road . I travel for work too , and its tough to get everything installed and still find time to go wheeling . Nice build so far , hopefully you will get enough of a break from work to get it ready for Barnwell.
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #9
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We have a lot in common my 95 YJ [IMG][/IMG]

And my 05 Rubicon that I bought in Jan 2013

[IMG][/IMG]

They way it sits right now upgrading to 35's

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
jwaller89

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Jeep.

I ordered the Full MetalCloak Game changer lift a couple weeks ago and it should be at my house next week sometime. Problem is..... I haven't been home since June, and it's going to be Thanksgiving before I have another chance of making it home.

Pile of parts waiting at my house:
MetalCloak Lift
Genright Gas tank
Warn Zeon winch
ARB
ARB compressor
S-Pod
10" Rigid Light Bar
Axle shafts
And that's all I can think of. I'm sure theres more. I Probably wont post again until I actually get a chance to put some of this **** on.
Quote:

Unread 11-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #11
jwaller89

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alright. The time is here. Starting Thursday night, I'll be putting a pile of parts on my Jeep.

Metalcloak lift with these fancy shocks
Gas tank
A different rear bumper
Savvy MML. To get ready for the Savvy under armor in the future
New wheels. tires, and spacers.

I'll try to keep posting pictures as we go. Let's see if I remember.

I can't wait!!!!!!!
Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.