Pics of my new project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Pics of my new project

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-19-2003, 11:11 AM   #1
BIGJMCCONNELL
1977 CJ7 

Pics of my new project

Here are some pics of my jeep. I just got it a week ago, but I have changed it some already. I am working on getting it ready for paint. I am thinking orange

These are the same pictures I posted when I was looking at buying it. So many of you may have seen them before.

I will post more when I have done significant work to it. I am dealing with electrical issues and some other time consuming stuff right now

Some of the stuff it has is listed in my sig.

--John

2.5 inch springs Matkins Frame with 1.5 inch body lift and all Fiberglass body D30/M20 w/3.54 gears, Moser 1-piece and Rear Aussie Locker, Jeep T-18w/Dana 20 and 35" tires Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, 6 point roll cage, OBA and a bunch of other stuff.
MY RIG
BIGJMCCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 03:23 PM   #2
StuckInMuck

sweet dude. Right before i bought my TJ i almost bought an old cj to restore.

Looks like you got a pretty nice deal on a good condition cj. What are your plans for it, besides new paint?

http://www.jeepanywhere.com/
StuckInMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 04:15 PM   #3
BIGJMCCONNELL
1977 CJ7 

Plans

Thanks StuckinMud,

Plans as of now:
1. Figure out my electrical problem (bad ground I think)
2. Figure out why it won't go in 4 low ( I think the linkage is hitting the body)
3. Paint
4. Install the stainless hardware (I have it all)
5. Get a Soft top with soft doors (black Bestop?)
6. Full Roll Cage
7. Herculine Interior
8. One Piece Rear Axles
9. On board air system (for use with #10)
10. ARB lockers front and rear
11. Custom Built Rocker guards
12. Custom Built front bumper
13. Winch
14. Possibly New rims (not sure if I like the all black rockcrawlers)
15. Meaty tires (but those are brand new so this may be a while)

Well that is the tenative wish list. Total cost ....at least another 4k not counting rims and tires. So all that stuff may take me until next summer to complete, but 1 thru 7 will come asap. Any suggestions on brands are welcome as well as other mods
2.5 inch springs Matkins Frame with 1.5 inch body lift and all Fiberglass body D30/M20 w/3.54 gears, Moser 1-piece and Rear Aussie Locker, Jeep T-18w/Dana 20 and 35" tires Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, 6 point roll cage, OBA and a bunch of other stuff.
MY RIG
Unread 05-19-2003, 09:47 PM   #4
magicmudder

NICE!!! you can't go wrong with a great frame and body to build from...plus a ford v8! Is that white a gelcoat/primer or paint? Can't wait to see it orange. Looks good
Unread 05-20-2003, 05:11 AM   #5
BIGJMCCONNELL
1977 CJ7 

The white is just the gelcoat on the fiberglass. While I am thinking about it.......I will primer over that then paint. My question is do I need to put a flex agent? in the paint because it is over fiberglass? I think I remember hearing that somewhere but not sure if it was BS???

Thanks,

John
MY RIG
Unread 05-20-2003, 09:43 AM   #6
GoTopless

Thats a nice starter Jeep!

[B][SIZE=4][URL=http://groups.myspace.com/jeepforumcom][COLOR=white]Jeepforum on MYSPACE[/COLOR] [/URL] [/SIZE] [/B]
GoTopless is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.