Pics of my Junk - 99 XJ, RE 5.5", 35x12.5, etc. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Pics of my Junk - 99 XJ, RE 5.5", 35x12.5, etc.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
gregmondro

Pics of my Junk - 99 XJ, RE 5.5", 35x12.5, etc.

I intend to continually update this thread with new pics and progress reports of the stuff being done to the Jeep. Newest stuff is at the bottom

Since I haven't posted any before.

Specs are in the signature. I've been putting off putting on the protekto-trim on the cut fenders for a while. So far I haven't even taken it out of the box to put it on.

Since these pics i've waxed it to take off a lot of the scratches, resprayed the sliders, resprayed the inner fender wells and did the pool noodle, resprayed the drop brackets+supports. I have no problem flexing the 35s with the Rubicon Express Extreme Duty 5.5" lift after the trimming (just trimmed up to where the flare lines were), the rear was already trimmed.

Currie Steering

Rigidco Front Winch Bumper, Milemarker 8000 Winch, there's also a steering plate tucked under there.

Offroad-Tech Fab Rear Bumper+Carrier (Hi Lift Mount, Up to 38" tire capacity, etc)

Like I said, these pics are probably a month or two old, some stuff has changed since then. This is my daily driver. Hopefully i'll get my *** outside this weekend and put the protek-to trim on. Next thing I wanna do is a front aussie or lockrite.

99 Jeep XJ - NP231, SYE, 4.56's, Rear D44 w/ Detroit SoftLocker and a RockCrusher Diff Cover, 35x12.5 BFG A/Ts, RE 5.5" XD Lift, Skidrow TC Skid, ORT Rear Bumper + Carrier, Rigidco Front Winch Bumper + Steering Box Plate, Milemarker 8000 Winch, Rock Sliders, HD Currie Steering, Control Arm Skids, Goferit Tie Rod Flip Insert, Optima Red Top and a few other goodies...
FiveZeroFive
XJ 8.25 Rear End Disc Brake Conversion For Sale!

Last edited by gregmondro; 07-21-2006 at 03:50 PM..
gregmondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks nice. Tis a big jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
CBlakeNS

Nice XJ!! Looks good for sure.
CBlakeNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
gregmondro

Because I <3 pictures. even shameless poser pics :P

almost there

99 Jeep XJ - NP231, SYE, 4.56's, Rear D44 w/ Detroit SoftLocker and a RockCrusher Diff Cover, 35x12.5 BFG A/Ts, RE 5.5" XD Lift, Skidrow TC Skid, ORT Rear Bumper + Carrier, Rigidco Front Winch Bumper + Steering Box Plate, Milemarker 8000 Winch, Rock Sliders, HD Currie Steering, Control Arm Skids, Goferit Tie Rod Flip Insert, Optima Red Top and a few other goodies...
FiveZeroFive
Unread 05-24-2006, 07:28 PM   #5
CBlakeNS

Lookin good, nice new pics.
CBlakeNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
gregmondro

7-16-06
Tour De Puerco Wheeling Trip
Pic from my Jeep.

7-18-06

Washed, Nu-finish Scratch Remover applied after a weekend of wheeling, and a fresh coat of wax.

Decided to toss on the protekto-trim this afternoon now that I'm finally done trimming with no more rubbing.

Before

During

Finished!

Don't mind the clips on some of the spots, they're just there temporarily while the trim is being installed to help it stick. They're being taken off after.

Small writeup here.
http://fivezerofive.com/main/index.php?itemid=408
FiveZeroFive

Last edited by gregmondro; 07-18-2006 at 03:44 PM..
Unread 08-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #7
PumaZJ

hey man, that thing looks great. when did you convert to an XJ?

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4421
PumaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #8
jtpaintball70

Dude, I think I've seen that thing when I've gone to ABQ a few times. Nice jeep!

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #9
gregmondro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumaZJ
hey man, that thing looks great. when did you convert to an XJ?
about 8 months after that elderly lady tottaled my ZJ.

JT, you ever go on any of the Puerco runs? Also, are you on the nmvjc.org (local jeep board).
FiveZeroFive
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:26 AM   #10
gregmondro

8/19/2006 - Cedro Trail Steps

All the pictures are located here:
http://jeep.fivezerofive.com/pics/08-19-06-Cedro_Steps/
FiveZeroFive
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:38 PM   #11
jtpaintball70

I haven't had a chance to go on any runs with anyone yet, not even the NMTORC. I'm registered on NMVJC, but I'm mainly lurking at this point.

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 12:53 AM   #12
Fast95Neon

sweet truck
Fast95Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2006, 01:43 PM   #13
SomerJeep

Looks great, but those tires, wheel wells can't support the upward travel or can they?

Thats what scares me about doing 35s on an XJ because the wheel wells don't allow for much upward travel in the wheel wells - not big enough unless you cut the chit out of them and thats hard to do because of the rear doors, so what do you recommend?

I'm not used ot an XJ, I'm more of a TJ guy but I'm liking the XJs so far.
Unread 09-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #14
gregmondro

They'll stuff almost pretty much all the way up without problem front and rear. The front actually rubs the top spring tower as you can see in the "during" pic of the protekto trim install.

It has no problem keeping the wheels on the ground when flexed, with lockers it'll be WAAAY more capable I hope

The side of the road flex pics don't really show the rear flex all that well because it's just on a hump there on the side of the road. I'll try and get better pics when I get a chance
FiveZeroFive
Unread 10-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #15
gregmondro

September 30th/October 1st - Rear Disc Brake Conversion

What's that? Rear disc brakes!

Did the conversion this weekend with the help of a 03blueGT from RSW, XJGuy from the NMVJC, and my dad. The littlest things on the installation were the ones that took the longest unfortunately.

Right now the brakes just need to be bled a little more and possibly some new rotors/pads if that.

Much cooler to see rotors and calipers behind the rim instead of a drum. Hopefully stopping power will be greatly increased and not to mention no more adjusting drum brakes and having to wrestle with springs and the rest of that stuff that comes along with drum brakes.

Parts were off a 95 ZJ (rotors and calipers) and a 96+ ZJ Limited for the caliper mounting bracket. The v8 (Limited) ZJs run a d44a rear axle with larger axle tubes then a d35c (which the I6 ZJs run) so the caliper bracket didnt have to be ground out all that much to fit it over the 8.25 XJ axle tubes.

You do have to pull the rear shafts out (c-clip) to do this installation, but that is not all that hard. The hardest part of that was just getting the cross shaft put back in place correctly so that the lock pin could be slid through it. Just trial and error that wasted a little time on the installation more then anything.

I still need to hook up the emergency brake right now, but that isn't a major concern. I may just leave it off for a while.

Small writeup here
http://www.fivezerofive.com/main/index.php?itemid=611
FiveZeroFive

Last edited by gregmondro; 10-04-2006 at 10:54 AM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.