Patriot Blue TJ build - stock to addiction - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Patriot Blue TJ build - stock to addiction

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #76
jackbauersmom
2006 LJ Wrangler 

more pics and updates. come on, work day is over.
oh yeah, did the 4th tire come?

indyORV
treadlightly
jackbauersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #77
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

yea, 4th tire came yesterday, got it mounted today. The tards at discount tire put a 3" valve stem on it, I kid you not, friggin morons. I looked at the manager and said, you've gotta be kidding me, I'll break this thing off in 20 minutes. They swapped in another one, after he said a few choice words about his hired help.

Today we ran into problem after problem, the machine shop that pressed my bearings on the 44 put the retainer plate on backwards, so they had to redo it. We had a bolt for the stock sway bar on the 44 broke in a welded on nut, so I actually just got back from Roberts (rkates) house with Rod and he helped us get it off and weld in a new nut (thanks again man). We've had a hell of a time getting new bolts. My zj tie rod is bad, the bushing on the rod end is shot, so I've gotta make a run to the pick a part in the morning to hopefully grab a good one. Nothing went right today. But, I knew I would have one of those days, and its over now, so tomorrow will go great....hopefully. The front axle is completely in, everything is on but the tie rod, just need to tighten all the bolts and put the bump stops (hockey pucks) in. Rear axle is now 100% ready to go in, should be a cake walk.

Man I can't wait to wheel.....I need it so bad

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #78
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
yea, 4th tire came yesterday, got it mounted today. The tards at discount tire put a 3" valve stem on it, I kid you not, friggin morons. I looked at the manager and said, you've gotta be kidding me, I'll break this thing off in 20 minutes. They swapped in another one, after he said a few choice words about his hired help.

Today we ran into problem after problem, the machine shop that pressed my bearings on the 44 put the retainer plate on backwards, so they had to redo it. We had a bolt for the stock sway bar on the 44 broke in a welded on nut, so I actually just got back from Roberts (rkates) house with Rod and he helped us get it off and weld in a new nut (thanks again man). We've had a hell of a time getting new bolts. My zj tie rod is bad, the bushing on the rod end is shot, so I've gotta make a run to the pick a part in the morning to hopefully grab a good one. Nothing went right today. But, I knew I would have one of those days, and its over now, so tomorrow will go great....hopefully. The front axle is completely in, everything is on but the tie rod, just need to tighten all the bolts and put the bump stops (hockey pucks) in. Rear axle is now 100% ready to go in, should be a cake walk.

Man I can't wait to wheel.....I need it so bad
We will drive it today. Can't wait to get that thing on all 4s.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #79
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

The front axle is almost in, the calipers and rotors need to be hooked up, control arms need to be tightened, stearing aligned, and everything greased. The rear axle is hanging, the big hole in the backing plates for the discs need to be enlarged a little for the bearing on the axle shafts to fit through, and the brakes need to be compleatly bled. It's getting close!

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #80
jackbauersmom
2006 LJ Wrangler 

pics dammit!!! and an update!

indyORV
treadlightly
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #81
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

It's Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #82
jackbauersmom
2006 LJ Wrangler 

pics or it didn't happen

indyORV
treadlightly
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #83
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's cookin!! I feel sorry for all of you that can't see it.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #84
jackbauersmom
2006 LJ Wrangler 

you all suck

indyORV
treadlightly
Unread 03-13-2009, 03:25 AM   #85
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, this brought the suck. How you going to say it's up on it's own, and then not update. WTF boys? WTF?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #86
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I still haven't seen it, I just got the call that it was taken for a test drive last night and is working great. Great ride, and the gearing is perfect, so I hear. I'm still waiting on pics too, but I'll probably see it in person this evening.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 03-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #87
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauersmom View Post
pics or it didn't happen
you'll see it tomorrow I just took it for a decent drive...no vibes, nothin....I don't have the correct speedo gear yet so its hilarious to see my speedometer at 90

James, I thought I emailed you a pic...must not have gone through. I am not releasing any pics until after the club sees it

I gotta go wire up my pump and switch for the locker. I put it in 4wd in some gravel, that aussie is gonna take some getting used to, but I am sure i'll like it!

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #88
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
James, I thought I emailed you a pic...must not have gone through. I am not releasing any pics until after the club sees it
Because I might post it up and ruin the surprise.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #89
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

alright, shes alive!!! Looks damn good, and wheels even better! I will get some pics up soon! I've been busy as hell, but got the build done in the time frame I was looking at. Finished wiring the air lines friday night around midnight and went wheelin on saturday, she performed flawlessly

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #90
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldn't say flawlessly, remember my XJ bested you at least one that day!

Quote:
Penis inches...

Tags
budget stretch , custom , indyorv , leafsprings on a tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.