Patriot Blue TJ build - stock to addiction - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Patriot Blue TJ build - stock to addiction

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 03-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #61
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

well as awesome as it is to have 3 tires, my 4th apparently isnt showing until saturday but on a good note my control arms are scheduled to arrive monday so as long as my axles are ready to go by saturday, everything is on schedule! Just gotta pick up full brake assembly and bearings for the 44 and ball joints and bushings for the 30 and some other odds and ends, then I'll be ready to go. Oh I will be ordering the rubi air pump tomorrow, so things are looking up and on schedule

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #62
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Good to hear man. What all are you doing for suspension aside from replacing control arms? Are you doing any kind of link suspension? I don't remember hearing if you were doing one like Connor is.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #63
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

umm, I'm actually not sure, I probably wont....for now, but I'm not doing one this week, I actually havent ordered rear uppers yet because of just that. Not sure of what I want to do. Chances are I will just get some adj uppers when I order my SYE and do the tummy tuck at the same time, but held off on that for next week due to coinage. Rod kind of talked me down from the ledge, as it is REALLY tempting to do the RK 4 link, cus it can be had on ebay for just over 400....but since I am dropping such a large amount of cash on the regear/lockers AND paying for a honeymoon at the same time, I gotta start watching what I spend.

Oh, and I just checked the stupid fedex tracker, now my tire isnt showing up until the 10th WTF! I am glad I ordered them when I did and wont need them until the end of the week! Can't beat the price I got em for from the vendor on here, and I didnt have to pay tax OR shipping, but it sucks I am still waiting on one.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #64
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Oh and I am constantly looking for a good deal on some 2.5" coils to swap in, but am in no real hurry, I will probably just end up ordering the RC 2.2 kit, and sell the shocks to someone (maybe Rod) the kits 300 but the coils alone sell for 200 and so do the shocks, and since I already have the shocks, I figure I can find someone to split the cost 150/150.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #65
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

my axles are done, getting picked up tomorrow! Man I am pumped! They wired up the rear locker, installed an ARB air fitting for me so all I have to do is plug in the air line and I'll be good to go! He is even throwing in some ARB air line for me at no charge. I highly reccommend Sunfire Offroad to anyone that is in the area and needs some quality work done! Will post pics once I get the axles!

I ordered my rubi pump today I decided to just get the stock rubi pump, instead of an ARB, should be quite easy to hook up

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD

Last edited by gribbles; 03-06-2009 at 06:22 PM..
Unread 03-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #66
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well, we are in full swing of the axle swap, I've got both axles out, thanks to Rod (hotrodhooligan) Connor (imped4now) Jerry (recoil101) and Brandon. They all helped at different times, but where a huge help regardless. The new axles are ready to go in tomorrow, just need to put the brake line on the D44 yet. So hopefully the jeep will be sitting on all 4s again by tomorrow afternoon/night Here are a few pictures of a tiny bit of progress, I believe these were from Monday, because honestly, it has all become a blur.

This may not be the best way to remove bushings from a D30, but its definitely the most fun

Budweiser and a torch....its all you need!

Here is one of the control arms I ordered from Rustys.....Ive heard a ton of good things about them, and am very impressed with the craftsmanship thus far

More pics to come in the next couple of days

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #67
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If anyone is curious, I used WJ bushings for the upper control arms on the hp30. There is a pretty good thread on NAXJA about it that Rod hooked me up with. They seem to last longer and provide a little better ride. We'll see how they hold up to 35s.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #68
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki_the_brah View Post
Open alcohol containers and flames are probably a short jump to Darwin Awards, brah.
really? was that necessary? Whats the beer gonna do? catch on fire? I'm quite sure the 2 beers we all drank won't do much harm there brah

Oh and I'm not your brah, brah

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #69
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_BRAHH View Post
Woah. Settle down brah
have you never seen zoo lander?

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #70
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Beer isn't flammable, and the beer was only opened AFTER the bushings were set on fire, we then drank the beer while we waited.

Edit: I'm also a professional, don't try this at home!

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2009, 04:49 AM   #71
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Rod, in that picture above, you LOOK like you just set something on fire. I mean, I know you did... But your face... Like all is right in the world or something. You look stupidly content. It's kinda creepy. If I ever see you looking like that around me, I'm liable to call the cops brah.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 03-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #72
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

lmao, i gotta admit he's a likeable guy. like all really is well, enjoy life!

okay
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2009, 08:13 AM   #73
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't care what anyone says....beer and fire is a great combination.

Brah.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2009, 08:16 AM   #74
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Rod, in that picture above, you LOOK like you just set something on fire. I mean, I know you did... But your face... Like all is right in the world or something. You look stupidly content. It's kinda creepy. If I ever see you looking like that around me, I'm liable to call the cops brah.
dude, I didnt look at his face until you pointed this out...and its the perfect description

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #75
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

When I get home, we are going to drink and light things on fire. I'm bummed that I am missing everything.

Tags
budget stretch , custom , indyorv , leafsprings on a tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.