Patriot Blue TJ build - stock to addiction - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Patriot Blue TJ build - stock to addiction

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #601
gribbles
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,673
Thanks man

sometimes I wish I didn't have a life outside of jeeps - I miss it. But its still been a great summer - its been work, beer, lake, beer, vacation, beer then rinse and repeat for me most of the summer.....

I haven't touched it, and it saddens me.....its actually depressing when I go out to my garage everyday when I get home from work to uh, grab a beer. I have no motivation to work on it and its a real bummer.

Right now my diesel grand is on my mind - the swirl motor (crd guys know the dreaded swirl motor) went out last week WHILE on vacation in Muskegon Michigan. Which basically means the turbo is dead and there is no power, and mind you I towed a large boat up there too. Luckily there was a jeep dealership in Muskegon, which the head diesel mechanic had worked on about half a dozen of these before (which is a lot for the diesel) and they are also a dodge sprinter dealer (same engine) - so it made it a bit less painful, minus the cost of the repair....

Long story short - it is still in Muskegon Michigan, the computer failed after they got the new swirl motor in. So, and I can't say enough good about this dealership (crazy I know), they rented us a car and will deliver the jeep to Indy when it is done, which should be today or tomorrow - all free of charge, the only cost to me is the original labor and cost of the swirl motor and new computer.

__________________
IndyORV

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #602
hallsofstone
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BF'nE, Ohio
Posts: 1,866
I go in spells with mine too. Jeep motivation vs. other stuff is a real toss up. I really envy these guys that eat, breathe, live, and **** Jeeps all the time. Between my band, the farm, work, and everything else, my TJ sometimes takes a serious backburner position...even as a daily driver. Then again nothing is nearly as back-burnered as my mini rail buggy project. Still, your progress is pretty awesome. Did you have to use a lo pro tranny mount to get that belly up so high?

All the same, when you find some time, roll that thing out and shoot some fresh pics for us. It's been quite a while since you posted some. You could probably do it in the time it takes to drink one beer...but you'd better make it two so that you ensure a good time. Cheers
__________________
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"] Jeeping Ohio Every Day[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
00 TJ Sport - Ever evolving DD/Rig [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/jeeping-ohio-hallsofstones-tj-build-1392513/[/url]
85 Suzuki GS700 - ugly

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #603
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,217
One of the first stops I'm making after getting mine out of the garage is your house for some pictures.

I haven't had TOO much of a life outside of Jeeps until this summer either....that's why something that should've taken me 2 months is now over 4. Ah well, good times.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #604
Danno6102
Web Wheeler
 
Danno6102's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: , Indiana
Posts: 1,543
"I try to get out, but it keeps pulling me back in!"

I've said probably 3 times or more this summer alone, that's all I'm buying for the Jeep for a while, then something will start making noise, so I'll need to upgrade it, or I'll find a deal I can't pass up...
__________________
IndyORV
My Build

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #605
B2CARPEN
Registered User
 
B2CARPEN's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 2,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
"I try to get out, but it keeps pulling me back in!"

I've said probably 3 times or more this summer alone, that's all I'm buying for the Jeep for a while, then something will start making noise, so I'll need to upgrade it, or I'll find a deal I can't pass up...
I already blamed Conner for my addiction...
__________________
IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #606
gribbles
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
I go in spells with mine too. Jeep motivation vs. other stuff is a real toss up. I really envy these guys that eat, breathe, live, and **** Jeeps all the time. Between my band, the farm, work, and everything else, my TJ sometimes takes a serious backburner position...even as a daily driver. Then again nothing is nearly as back-burnered as my mini rail buggy project. Still, your progress is pretty awesome. Did you have to use a lo pro tranny mount to get that belly up so high?

All the same, when you find some time, roll that thing out and shoot some fresh pics for us. It's been quite a while since you posted some. You could probably do it in the time it takes to drink one beer...but you'd better make it two so that you ensure a good time. Cheers
No lo pro mount - there really is a ton of room up there, a lo pro mount would be nice tho.

I gotta get a few things done on her asap - I plan to make wheeling a priority for late summer and fall - I surely will be getting plenty of pics as soon as she's out and cleaned up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
One of the first stops I'm making after getting mine out of the garage is your house for some pictures.

I haven't had TOO much of a life outside of Jeeps until this summer either....that's why something that should've taken me 2 months is now over 4. Ah well, good times.
I'm glad you've been doing other stuff, life is too much damned fun to have only one hobby

Connor, even with completely different suspensions the twins are still indeed well, twins. They'll look beautiful next to each other
__________________
IndyORV

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #607
djflyy
Wanderlust
 
djflyy's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,469
Great build to read. It's funny how 3 or 4 months can go by without a post and then all of the sudden things are in full swing again.

Look forward to more updates whenever they roll around. Enjoy your summer & beer!
__________________
Boston Jeep Build Thread
North Shore Jeeps Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmosing View Post
Cleaning this thing up is similar to a slightly abused pornstar throwing on a bunch of makeup to try to hide her eternal scars, but I think she doesn't look too bad
djflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #608
gribbles
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflyy View Post
Great build to read. It's funny how 3 or 4 months can go by without a post and then all of the sudden things are in full swing again.

Look forward to more updates whenever they roll around. Enjoy your summer & beer!
thanks man. There will be updates in the next month or so. The busiest part of my summer is over. Time for some jeep time - but I sure as **** wont be forgetting the beer!
__________________
IndyORV

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #609
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles

thanks man. There will be updates in the next month or so. The busiest part of my summer is over. Time for some jeep time - but I sure as **** wont be forgetting the beer!
It's almost time for FOOTBALL though...
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #610
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
It's almost time for FOOTBALL though...
Best time of the year

And a throwback
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #611
gribbles
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
It's almost time for FOOTBALL though...
dammit. ya not gonna get anything done then, lol

oh and thats f-in awesome connor
__________________
IndyORV

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #612
Danno6102
Web Wheeler
 
Danno6102's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: , Indiana
Posts: 1,543
I can not wait for football season!! Just hope it's a better season that last year for the home team. Kind of hard to do any worse...
__________________
IndyORV
My Build

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #613
gribbles
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,673
Well I actually had the TJ out on saturday, drove it up to my buddy Ryans to catch a ride out to the badlands with them for the maiden run of his beast and to watch the KOH qualifier (so badass) It was a helluva good time. The jeep drove great up there - if I had my welding done and my tcase skid braced I woulda wheeled her. Sorry no pics tho - the rockers are too rusty and she is filthy! I'll remedy that soon tho and get some poser shots!
__________________
IndyORV

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #614
gribbles
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,673
My jeep is really pretty right now.....but I have no pictures or updates. There will be some serious wheeling over the next 2 months.....but football has started, God I love football.....I'll take pics next time I drive her to work
__________________
IndyORV

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #615
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles
My jeep is really pretty right now.....but I have no pictures or updates. There will be some serious wheeling over the next 2 months.....but football has started, God I love football.....I'll take pics next time I drive her to work
Pictures. Or GTFO......
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
budget stretch , custom , indyorv , leafsprings on a tj
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.