Patriot Blue TJ build - stock to addiction - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Patriot Blue TJ build - stock to addiction

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #556
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
so does the rocker rap up underneath the tub??? thats what i was thinking welding it for.

They look similar to this however they do not go under as far, and are bolted directly to the tub.

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #557
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post

They look similar to this however they do not go under as far, and are bolted directly to the tub.
oh so you put it in a press break? didn't even think about doing it that way that had to have been a pretty penny to break something that long!

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #558
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
oh so you put it in a press break? didn't even think about doing it that way that had to have been a pretty penny to break something that long!
I paid $140 for everything, including the bend - far better imo than paying the retarded amount every company is charging. I like the slender look without a slider or anything - I understand the benefits of it, but I can pivot on my rocker just like anyone else who has a tube or whatever it is savvy puts on theirs

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #559
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I paid $140 for everything, including the bend - far better imo than paying the retarded amount every company is charging. I like the slender look without a slider or anything - I understand the benefits of it, but I can pivot on my rocker just like anyone else who has a tube or whatever it is savvy puts on theirs
i hear that man. thanks for answering my questions about it

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #560
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You are welcome to compare your design to savvy's. I have a set in the garage. If you are honestly trying to tell me that they are of the same protective quality, I will tell you to do your homework. As I did when we put yours on that day. I'm not knocking them. I'm just saying that they need to be tied in better than they are currently. The mounting hardware is massive, but is not needed, and you did not preload them. You also have no mounting underneath unless you've went back afterwards which if I know you, you have not. Lol

After denting the tubes on my orevious rockers, I wanted something I could not dent as easily. Press broke chromo was it. I too like the slim look of nothing on the outside, but would prefer to keep the rocks that much farther from me, my occupants, and my sheetmetal. Savvy does all those things, and the chromo slider portion is replaceable when I eventually do trash it out. The price is hard to handle, but I got a deal, making them on par with everyone else's just about. Plus, I've never had an issue paying for a quality part. I'm not thumbing my nose at you or your build, but to compare the two isn't really the same.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #561
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Planking at its finest
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #562
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
You are welcome to compare your design to savvy's. I have a set in the garage. If you are honestly trying to tell me that they are of the same protective quality, I will tell you to do your homework. As I did when we put yours on that day. I'm not knocking them. I'm just saying that they need to be tied in better than they are currently. The mounting hardware is massive, but is not needed, and you did not preload them. You also have no mounting underneath unless you've went back afterwards which if I know you, you have not. Lol

After denting the tubes on my orevious rockers, I wanted something I could not dent as easily. Press broke chromo was it. I too like the slim look of nothing on the outside, but would prefer to keep the rocks that much farther from me, my occupants, and my sheetmetal. Savvy does all those things, and the chromo slider portion is replaceable when I eventually do trash it out. The price is hard to handle, but I got a deal, making them on par with everyone else's just about. Plus, I've never had an issue paying for a quality part. I'm not thumbing my nose at you or your build, but to compare the two isn't really the same.
read a post buddy, all I said was I don't care if it has a tube or whatever it is savvy calls theirs - not once did I say that my design is superior or even on par to savvys - I know it isnt, but guess what....they work, and I've smacked them on some rocks pretty damn hard. All i said was I can pivot just like you can with any other top brand with a slider.....why would you assume that I feel mine are of the same quality? I will use my design UNTIL i see them fail, then I may pony up the coin - or just have a local fab guy make me some boatsides, which is more likely. cmon James, you know I'm not some ****** on here that assumes everything I make is better than every one elses **** they pimp. Not to be a dick, but we all know I can be, next time read AND comprehend instead of read then type. hugs and kisses

Quote:
Planking at its finest
wtf does that mean?

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #563
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Misunderstood. Carry on.

Planking?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #564
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

I think he's saying you have a strong core

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #565
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Misunderstood. Carry on.
I'm sure I did too.

Quote:
I think he's saying you have a strong core
I've got a large core, does that count?

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #566
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

No the gif. that imped posted with the black chick falling on her face. I guess yall dont watch tosh.o Go youtube Planking. Its pretty funny on how some people come on with stuff. We need more recent pics of your jeep.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #567
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ya, we know what planking is, we just didnt know that was what you where referring to.

the most recent pics are the last ones I've posted

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #568
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great work man the jeep looks great you just need more pics of this baby in action on the trails! Maybe its just me but bring a camera will ya

Did you get your entire stretch from the rear or did you move the front out at all?
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #569
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Great work man the jeep looks great you just need more pics of this baby in action on the trails! Maybe its just me but bring a camera will ya

Did you get your entire stretch from the rear or did you move the front out at all?
thanks man, ya, unfortunately I'm usually the one with the camera, which means I get pics of everyone elses rigs...

yup, 7" rear stretch

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #570
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

well, since it is spring and I am a creature of habit.......CHANGES ARE COMING

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD

Tags
budget stretch , custom , indyorv , leafsprings on a tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.