Patriot Blue TJ build - stock to addiction - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Patriot Blue TJ build - stock to addiction

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #16
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some videos of this past sunday wheeling at Redbird SRA in Dugger Indiana. It was wet and nasty, made for a fun day. This drop in was slick as hell

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #17
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here is the link to the entire trail report http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...64#post6261864

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 12-31-2008, 12:44 AM   #18
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like fun.
I am hoping to get out ASAP, it has been a long time. My Jeep has only seen pavement and snow for the longest time now. It is getting sad... and maybe a little angry!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #19
Garydc
1998 XJ Cherokee 

"gribbles" we need to hook up. A few of us here locally have Wranglers(actually picking mine up saturday) and two others pulling the trigger in less than 10 days. I sold my Wrangler last year and can't wait to get a new one.

DA, I forgot why I even posted here,Saw your other post about tube fenders, the Wrangler I am getting has tube fenders so I was cruising around digging up Indiana info...

thanks
Gary

No dues, No fees, No officers

98 XJ Classic

Last edited by Garydc; 02-02-2009 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: I screwed up
Garydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #20
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I pulled the trigger on some new shocks, I got a killer deal on the rough country 2.2 shocks from a guy on here. I had skyjacker shocks for a 3" lift, and these actually have about 2-3" more travel than the skyjackers.

I went to put them in last thursday, and realized both of my front axle u-joints were shot so instead of putting the new shocks on I had to change some u-joints, I hadnt ever had the hubs apart on this before so it took quite a bit of bfh, we ended up saying **** the bfh and rented a slide hammer, man that made it easy. Got the u-joints changed and I am back in business. I only had time to install the front shocks, but I have to say, the difference is huge with rough roads, those skyjackers didnt cushion the bumps at all, the valving is great on these rc 2.2s. I will be putting the rear shocks in today, so I am excited to see the difference all 4 make.

Over the next few weeks my jeep will go through a drastic change. I will be going to 35s, swapping in my regeared and locked D44 rear, and a regeared (and hopefully locked) hp d30. I will be running 4.88s. I am also planning on picking up some steel this weekend from my dad and fabbing a DIY high clearance belly skid. I have read quite a few threads and have a pretty good grasp on the design I am going to use. After I get the tax check, I will be getting some new control arms, not exactly sure what I want yet, but nothing too pricey because in the next 2 years I want to make my own custom arms, custom length and a 4-link. I am pretty good at doing things long before I typically think I will. As I always have to have a project to work on.

So the list that will be completed within the next month:

D44 w/ 4.88s w/ front rubi air locker
hpD30 w/ 4.88s w/ aussie locker (?)
jb conversions HD SYE
cut down explorer CV shaft
DIY tummy tuck
zj tie rod
adjustable control arms (sa)
adjustable track bars
35" bfg KM2s
AtoZ fab rocker guards (I didnt want to be trendy like everyone else, but there is a reason so many ppl have em)
I would also like some new coils, but I will just wait til I find a deal on some 2.5" coils

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 02-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #21
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

got all 4 shocks on, am definitely impressed with the ride, it isnt anywhere as jarring. Also saw the rear driverside lower shock mount bolt was loose, so I am sure that added a little bit to the rough ride I had with the skyjackers. Now I just need the coils to match and I'll be happy.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 02-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #22
c0ncEpT
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Great looking rig you have there man. Can't wait to see it on 35's.
c0ncEpT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #23
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks man, neither can I

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #24
Brads_nky_yj

We need pictures of the jeep with the new shocks! I cant wait for my 35" KM2's either...oh boy they are gonna be sweeeett!!
Unread 02-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #25
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads_nky_yj View Post
We need pictures of the jeep with the new shocks! I cant wait for my 35" KM2's either...oh boy they are gonna be sweeeett!!
I'll see what I have as far as pics go. They are good looking shocks thats for sure. The km2s will be great, actually, I will be the second guy in our club to get em, first in the 35" flavor, but shortly after I do, I believe 2 others will be getting them too. It is hard to resist the price and quality, I'm stoked to get em on.

I noticed you're the pres of TORC, I am the senior rep for Jeeps Gone Wild in IN/ILL we will have to hook up sometime in the future for some wheeling

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 02-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #26
Brads_nky_yj

Absoluetly man! The club is just now getting our name out there and getting member applications like crazy but I have already been talking to Michael about trying to get a ride or two together this summer. You have some nice places up in your neck of the woods that myself as well as a few of the other guys wanna hit up. We will definatly be in contact
Unread 02-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #27
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So I am contemplating getting getting rid of my stock canyon rims and spacers when I go 35s. I have no worries that the 35s will fit with what I have. I am just thinking about a change of wheels. Just curious to those of you who check out my thread what do ya'll think. It sounds funny, but I had a dream about my jeep last night (like I am sure so many of us do) well, my jeep had 35s that were mounted on black soft 8s, I know they are steel, and I know they are common, but I think it would give my jeep a new look.

So check out my first page and look at the rims that I have now, they are stock canyon rims that are painted grey. I was planning on repainting them this spring, but I may just sell what I have and buy some soft 8 steelies. So let me hear your thoughts if you care to share them.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 02-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #28
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That's what I'm doing.....it will make it look MUCH better, at least in my opinion.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #29
Brads_nky_yj

My top three choices when I get my 35's is gonna be : Cragar V-5, American Racing 23, Cragar Soft 8.. I personally like that v-5 much more than the regular soft 8's.
Unread 02-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #30
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

awesome, keep em coming

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD

Tags
budget stretch , custom , indyorv , leafsprings on a tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.