parrotpartys CJ7 Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > parrotpartys CJ7 Build

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
parrotparty
1999 TJ Wrangler 

parrotpartys CJ7 Build

Well here’s my ’85 AMC CJ7 when I picked it up-

The Gentleman I bought it from said he was selling it for his son, and claimed it ran when he parked it, and he hasn't touched it since he parked and that was 6 months ago. So my dad and I looked it over and decided what the hell, let’s go for it. Father son project. So for $1000, We loaded it up on the trailer and headed south and as luck would have it(maybe a sign of future work to come) the hardtop flew off and then broke into a few pieces and then calling the troopers to help explain what happened then after that headache headed home.

So quick recap on my investment. A non-running jeep, rusty, the hard in top in 2 pieces. But I love it. And work on it every day.

Before I was got it off the trailer (Not me)

Since beginning my jeep teardown and build with everything being done in my front yard I've moved twice and the Jeep was stuck in storage - in pieces (5-6 months). Since then I have been staying with another friend but my boss has been kind enough to let me keep it at the shop. I work part time at Mitchell's Bait and Tackle in Port Salerno, and we recently just moved locations and expanded to a 8,000 square foot location which previously was a RIB dealer and they had put a little paint booth in the back. Fully enclosed and just big enough for my jeep. It is the new home for my CJ. And I am glad to have it at a place I spend most of my time at anyways so I have been able to make some progress. Being it is fully stripped down to the frame, everything’s able to move to its own little place.
Photobucket

Since moving to its new location the CJ has been slowly acquiring some new replacement frame sections and a new RCM for when my frame is sandblasted. Which once they are on the frame itself I will post some pictures. It's real nice because MEANMAX is helping me out with advice and pointers so a real big: thumbsup: to him. His jeep shop is really close to the baitshop.

So that's all for now; but pretty soon I'll have the frame all put together, Crabtree Tool & Die Shackle Hangars and other miscellaneous items cleaned up and lined with Chassis Saver. I'll be sure to post pictures and some informative posts for the Auto rust Frame Replacement Sections installation and prep.

I got my Crabtree Tool & Die Shackle Hangars and let me tell you are they beautiful, extremely heavy duty and a very great product I recommend them to anyone running leafs. I am waiting on those hangars Jim is planning on coming out with and then most of the suspension and chassis will be bulletproof: 2thumbsup:

The frame is getting sandblasted once I find a trailer to take them out there to Monty's. Once that is done there will be the installation of the safety caps for the frame and the cross member welded on then everything will be sprayed with some chassis saver and I'm getting some YJ springs from a fellow Jeeper and then I'm hopefully onto a rolling chassis

By the way the shackle hangars are made in USA as was the Jeep and I hope to keep that mentality throughout my build.

Here’s a pic of the hangars right after I took apart the packaging- except for 1 washer and 2 locknut that went missing through shipping but I found the grade 8 replacements at Ace.
Photobucket

[QUOTE=freedommachine;12840223]If it makes you paranoid and requires forum discussions it belongs on a Jeep.[/QUOTE]

"Well boss, a diesel needs its oil like a sailor needs his rum."- Capt. Ron
parrotparty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
parrotparty
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well I got bored with doing Algebra.. so I took a break and mocked up the YJ Shackle Hangars (Crabtree Tool & Die) and the Rear Frame Repair Sections I have and here are a few pics-

[QUOTE=freedommachine;12840223]If it makes you paranoid and requires forum discussions it belongs on a Jeep.[/QUOTE]

Unread 04-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Looking great! We really need to get going on that thing soon!

Max

Sent from my HTC Incredible Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
parrotparty
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well.. this project has been halted. Currently parting out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.