painting dash pad - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > painting dash pad

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
neal90
1982 CJ7 

painting dash pad

I have a spice / nutmeg not sure what the color is cauled but its the tanish looking dash that is now getting crackes all in it and I want to replace it. I have lookd and they are way more than I want to pay for one in good condition. So im going to get the gray paintable one from morris and paint. Whats the bast paint/color to use thanks

neal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
novotny242
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 97 TJ which had an all light gray interior that I hated. I painted everything black. I went with SEM's Color Coat over all of the competitors like DupliColor, etc. Just a personal preference from past experience using just about all of them out there on other projects. If you want a similar color to the spice color of your jeep you should order the Camel color. I sprayed my seats with it and it's a close match and more durable than the DupliColor equivalent. You should also check out www.paintscratch.com. You'll be able to get an OEM match from them. I have a black hard top that I plan to paint in the Spice color. I ordered the paint from them. You can get it in a rattle can or by the pint, quart, etc. Better quality and little more expensive but worth looking into. Good luck.
novotny242 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.