Paint or Monstaliner? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Paint or Monstaliner?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 09-15-2014, 04:14 AM   #1
80Jenegade
1980 CJ7 

Paint or Monstaliner?

I am debating on painting the exterior of my Jeep or doing Monstaliner. So I have some questions.

Those who have done Monstaliner, are you happy with the results down the road and does the color hold up well?

I use my jeep and it is not babied so I dont want to tear off new paint when I'm wheeling.

I will prep everything well and take my time so no worries there but I want to be happy after I cover the entire exterior with Monstaliner.

Just looking for Opinions

Thanks in advance!

Unread 09-15-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
BRC_1980
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I think monstaliner on exterior looks funny with their rollers. It looks great inside though. I used a normal roller on certain parts of the exterior and to me personally it looks better. Not so bumpy if that makes sense. Not sure on the color holding up but judging from before and after pictures, it seems just fine.
BRC_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
mike_bfdr
1981 CJ8 

anything against rocks never holds up well lol i would just paint it with paint from o'reilly, they have duplicolor in quarts can, and you should be able to get that stuff in a can to touch up later..... thats what i would do but on the side note i used raptor bedliner on the inside and under my jeep and that stuff lays out nice..... just saying
Unread 09-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I think exteriors in monsta liner only look ok when someone has a lot of body damage. If that isnt you situation, I wouldnt do it.
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
caronaxtr
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I did my quarters with Monstaliner on my XJ. Very pleased with it. I applied it with 2 heavy coats so the texture isn't really rough. It is tough as nails, cleans up with no problem. I went with black, it hasn't faded but I don't have any experience with their colors.

caronaxtr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.