From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #61
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 3,768
What brand ball joint press is that, how much was it and where did you acquire it? I'm curious to compare it to the HF version. Yours looks to be much nicer.

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #62
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 627
It's an OTC. I got it on amazon for $104.99. I also got the Jeep specific adapters from OTC for $92.47, also from Amazon. It's the same press and adapters for Stu's write up.
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #63
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
If you and Kate need another hand, I can lend myself as well. I can also stand around and watch while looking pretty :-)
If your not doing anything Sat and want to swing by, one more couldn't hurt. We could always use someone who looks pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
And Connecticut posse is officially forming.... this is getting scary.
You should leave the republic behind and come east. The posse could all ways use one more.
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #64
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
If your not doing anything Sat and want to swing by, one more couldn't hurt. We could always use someone who looks pretty.



You should leave the republic behind and come east. The posse could all ways use one more.
Soon, our borders will stretch from coast to coast!

I'll pm you my number
__________________
I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #65
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post

Same. And boobs.
Well that's easy when they are so close all the time.

Now that I have let the tequila do its talking, I'd be down for a trip to RC
__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #66
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Jeep Pictures of the Day:
I know I've been lacking in the picture department. So here are some pictures of the rust and of the cancer consuming my hood.
I'll help buff, prime and paint. Whatever it takes to make her good as new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Honestly I died alittle inside when I got home and saw the damage. Sad part is that's only 2 winters. She was pristine when she left CA.

Thanks! The funny part is when I bought it I didn't have a clue about axles, and was quite happy to later learn I had the more desirable axle.
Same here. I really lucked out. Glad I didn't end up buying that rusted out Cherokee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Well, all parts and supplies for the front end work on the Jeep have arrived. Hopefully by the end of the weekend everything will be installed.

And if anyone was curious as to the size of the Currie steering; I present the Cat Scale.

All rights reserved. Patent Pending
This really is the best scale according to the internet. Other than bananas. I approve. Those look beastly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
If you and Kate need another hand, I can lend myself as well. I can also stand around and watch while looking pretty :-)
I sense a fun time ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
And Connecticut posse is officially forming.... this is getting scary.
That's right - you saw it here first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post

If your not doing anything and want to swing by, one more Sat hurt. We could always use someone who looks pretty.

You should leave the rep republic ublic behind and come east. The posse could all ways use one more.
Very true, I certainly can't fill those shoes myself. I need assistance.
__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #67
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
It's an OTC. I got it on amazon for $104.99. I also got the Jeep specific adapters from OTC for $92.47, also from Amazon. It's the same press and adapters for Stu's write up.
That's a quality tool. Should make the job easier having exactly the right adapters.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #68
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Soon, our borders will stretch from coast to coast!
First the US. Then, the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I'll help buff, prime and paint. Whatever it takes to make her good as new.
Thanks. Not sure if I want to try rattle canning it, or take it to a body shop and get a quote after I get a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
This really is the best scale according to the internet. Other than bananas. I approve. Those look beastly.
Being the curious sort that I am, I went ahead and weighed it. 32lbs of pure beef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I sense a fun time ahead
Hopefully not to much. My parents will be home and my neighbor is the housing manager. Then again, the heavy application tequila always keeps them quite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
That's right - you saw it here first!
Since we are running with this I suggest we come up with a name. Insane Jeep Posse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Very true, I certainly can't fill those shoes myself. I need assistance.
Good thing he coming then! Maybe you can get some pointers.
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #69
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
That's a quality tool. Should make the job easier having exactly the right adapters.
Figured it would be worth the extra cost since it's going to be used quite a few times.
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 04:44 AM   #70
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
First the US. Then, the world
Its 6am- and all I can think of is "What are we going to do tonight, Andy?" - "The same thing we do every night Kate try to take over... THE WORLD!" Im sure that just gave away my age.



Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Thanks. Not sure if I want to try rattle canning it, or take it to a body shop and get a quote after I get a job.
Here's my thought on this. Your quote from a body shop would already include stripping the hood and entirely re-doing it. Why not try to do it yourself and save some cash for them sexy half doors. If it doesn't turn out well- you do the same thing that you were going to do anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Hopefully not to much. My parents will be home and my neighbor is the housing manager. Then again, the heavy application tequila always keeps them quite.
Don't worry- I can keep my awesome level down to a minimal ruckus. Liberal amounts of tequila solve most problems. I approve of this solution. In fact- I implemented it myself yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Since we are running with this I suggest we come up with a name. Insane Jeep Posse?
I say we wait to figure out the dynamic of this impending trio of doom- them brainstorm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Good thing he coming then! Maybe you can get some pointers.
Oh, thank god. Gotta step up my game.
__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #71
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Being the curious sort that I am, I went ahead and weighed it. 32lbs of pure beef!
... The cat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Its 6am- and all I can think of is "What are we going to do tonight, Andy?" - "The same thing we do every night Kate try to take over... THE WORLD!" Im sure that just gave away my age.
__________________
I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #72
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Its 6am- and all I can think of is "What are we going to do tonight, Andy?" - "The same thing we do every night Kate try to take over... THE WORLD!" Im sure that just gave away my age.
Is Pinky and the Brain still on the air? I might need to look into this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Here's my thought on this. Your quote from a body shop would already include stripping the hood and entirely re-doing it. Why not try to do it yourself and save some cash for them sexy half doors. If it doesn't turn out well- you do the same thing that you were going to do anyway.
Very true. Summit Racing does have Patriot Blue in rattle cans, and I know of some members here that have achieved pretty good results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Don't worry- I can keep my awesome level down to a minimal ruckus. Liberal amounts of tequila solve most problems. I approve of this solution. In fact- I implemented it myself yesterday.
No need to keep the awesome level down, my parents and neighbor are good ****. I'm usually the one keeping them out of trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I say we wait to figure out the dynamic of this impending trio of doom- them brainstorm.
Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
... The cat?
Haha. Defiantly not the cat. His little a** only comes in at 13lbs.
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #73
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Is Pinky and the Brain still on the air? I might need to look into this...
They haven't made new ones in years- but I was at like an ocean state job lot or something and found a season. Bought it four my little cousins but totally watched it first. It may or may not have been in a fort. I have fun. You will learn to deal with it.

In Jeep news- I got a box today. Didn't have time to open it... but it is suspiciously tie rod shaped. Pictures will ensue at quitting time.
__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #74
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
They haven't made new ones in years- but I was at like an ocean state job lot or something and found a season. Bought it four my little cousins but totally watched it first. It may or may not have been in a fort. I have fun. You will learn to deal with it.
Don't worry, my parents and I do it all the time for my Niece. Well, maybe not while sitting in a fort. But we seem to get more enjoyment from the cartoons than she does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
In Jeep news- I got a box today. Didn't have time to open it... but it is suspiciously tie rod shaped. Pictures will ensue at quitting time.
That's excellent. At least we'll be able to do something to Alice this weekend.
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #75
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 627
Jeep Thoughts of the Day:
Apparently Tire Rack is having a sale or something because they have some kick *** prices at the moment.

33x10.5 BFG A/T: $167 per tire, $835 for 5

33x10.5 BFG M/T KM2: $193 per tire, $965 for 5

33x12.5 GY DuraTrac: $178 per tire, $890 for 5

33x12.5 GY MT/R K: $204 per tire, $1,020 for 5, $940 after mail in rebate

With prices like that it's almost worth while to grab some tires now and then put them on later when my current ones are done.

Hmm...
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.