From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #61
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

What brand ball joint press is that, how much was it and where did you acquire it? I'm curious to compare it to the HF version. Yours looks to be much nicer.

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #62
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It's an OTC. I got it on amazon for $104.99. I also got the Jeep specific adapters from OTC for $92.47, also from Amazon. It's the same press and adapters for Stu's write up.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #63
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
If you and Kate need another hand, I can lend myself as well. I can also stand around and watch while looking pretty :-)
If your not doing anything Sat and want to swing by, one more couldn't hurt. We could always use someone who looks pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
And Connecticut posse is officially forming.... this is getting scary.
You should leave the republic behind and come east. The posse could all ways use one more.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #64
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
If your not doing anything Sat and want to swing by, one more couldn't hurt. We could always use someone who looks pretty.

You should leave the republic behind and come east. The posse could all ways use one more.
Soon, our borders will stretch from coast to coast!

I'll pm you my number
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #65
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Same. And boobs.
Well that's easy when they are so close all the time.

Now that I have let the tequila do its talking, I'd be down for a trip to RC
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #66
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Jeep Pictures of the Day:
I know I've been lacking in the picture department. So here are some pictures of the rust and of the cancer consuming my hood.
I'll help buff, prime and paint. Whatever it takes to make her good as new.

Quote:
Honestly I died alittle inside when I got home and saw the damage. Sad part is that's only 2 winters. She was pristine when she left CA.

Thanks! The funny part is when I bought it I didn't have a clue about axles, and was quite happy to later learn I had the more desirable axle.
Same here. I really lucked out. Glad I didn't end up buying that rusted out Cherokee.

Quote:
Well, all parts and supplies for the front end work on the Jeep have arrived. Hopefully by the end of the weekend everything will be installed.

And if anyone was curious as to the size of the Currie steering; I present the Cat Scale.

All rights reserved. Patent Pending
This really is the best scale according to the internet. Other than bananas. I approve. Those look beastly.

Quote:
If you and Kate need another hand, I can lend myself as well. I can also stand around and watch while looking pretty :-)
I sense a fun time ahead

Quote:
And Connecticut posse is officially forming.... this is getting scary.
That's right - you saw it here first!

Quote:

If your not doing anything and want to swing by, one more Sat hurt. We could always use someone who looks pretty.

You should leave the rep republic ublic behind and come east. The posse could all ways use one more.
Very true, I certainly can't fill those shoes myself. I need assistance.

Unread 03-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #67
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's an OTC. I got it on amazon for $104.99. I also got the Jeep specific adapters from OTC for $92.47, also from Amazon. It's the same press and adapters for Stu's write up.
That's a quality tool. Should make the job easier having exactly the right adapters.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #68
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Soon, our borders will stretch from coast to coast!
First the US. Then, the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I'll help buff, prime and paint. Whatever it takes to make her good as new.
Thanks. Not sure if I want to try rattle canning it, or take it to a body shop and get a quote after I get a job.

Quote:
This really is the best scale according to the internet. Other than bananas. I approve. Those look beastly.
Being the curious sort that I am, I went ahead and weighed it. 32lbs of pure beef!

Quote:
I sense a fun time ahead
Hopefully not to much. My parents will be home and my neighbor is the housing manager. Then again, the heavy application tequila always keeps them quite.

Quote:
That's right - you saw it here first!
Since we are running with this I suggest we come up with a name. Insane Jeep Posse?

Quote:
Very true, I certainly can't fill those shoes myself. I need assistance.
Good thing he coming then! Maybe you can get some pointers.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #69
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's a quality tool. Should make the job easier having exactly the right adapters.
Figured it would be worth the extra cost since it's going to be used quite a few times.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 03-21-2013, 04:44 AM   #70
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
First the US. Then, the world
Its 6am- and all I can think of is "What are we going to do tonight, Andy?" - "The same thing we do every night Kate try to take over... THE WORLD!" Im sure that just gave away my age.

Quote:
Thanks. Not sure if I want to try rattle canning it, or take it to a body shop and get a quote after I get a job.
Here's my thought on this. Your quote from a body shop would already include stripping the hood and entirely re-doing it. Why not try to do it yourself and save some cash for them sexy half doors. If it doesn't turn out well- you do the same thing that you were going to do anyway.

Quote:
Hopefully not to much. My parents will be home and my neighbor is the housing manager. Then again, the heavy application tequila always keeps them quite.
Don't worry- I can keep my awesome level down to a minimal ruckus. Liberal amounts of tequila solve most problems. I approve of this solution. In fact- I implemented it myself yesterday.

Quote:
Since we are running with this I suggest we come up with a name. Insane Jeep Posse?
I say we wait to figure out the dynamic of this impending trio of doom- them brainstorm.

Quote:
Good thing he coming then! Maybe you can get some pointers.
Oh, thank god. Gotta step up my game.

Unread 03-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #71
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Being the curious sort that I am, I went ahead and weighed it. 32lbs of pure beef!
... The cat?

Quote:
Its 6am- and all I can think of is "What are we going to do tonight, Andy?" - "The same thing we do every night Kate try to take over... THE WORLD!" Im sure that just gave away my age.
Unread 03-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #72
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Is Pinky and the Brain still on the air? I might need to look into this...

Quote:
Here's my thought on this. Your quote from a body shop would already include stripping the hood and entirely re-doing it. Why not try to do it yourself and save some cash for them sexy half doors. If it doesn't turn out well- you do the same thing that you were going to do anyway.
Very true. Summit Racing does have Patriot Blue in rattle cans, and I know of some members here that have achieved pretty good results.

Quote:
Don't worry- I can keep my awesome level down to a minimal ruckus. Liberal amounts of tequila solve most problems. I approve of this solution. In fact- I implemented it myself yesterday.
No need to keep the awesome level down, my parents and neighbor are good ****. I'm usually the one keeping them out of trouble!

Quote:
I say we wait to figure out the dynamic of this impending trio of doom- them brainstorm.
Indeed

Quote:
... The cat?
Haha. Defiantly not the cat. His little a** only comes in at 13lbs.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #73
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Is Pinky and the Brain still on the air? I might need to look into this...
They haven't made new ones in years- but I was at like an ocean state job lot or something and found a season. Bought it four my little cousins but totally watched it first. It may or may not have been in a fort. I have fun. You will learn to deal with it.

In Jeep news- I got a box today. Didn't have time to open it... but it is suspiciously tie rod shaped. Pictures will ensue at quitting time.

Unread 03-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #74
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They haven't made new ones in years- but I was at like an ocean state job lot or something and found a season. Bought it four my little cousins but totally watched it first. It may or may not have been in a fort. I have fun. You will learn to deal with it.
Don't worry, my parents and I do it all the time for my Niece. Well, maybe not while sitting in a fort. But we seem to get more enjoyment from the cartoons than she does!

Quote:
In Jeep news- I got a box today. Didn't have time to open it... but it is suspiciously tie rod shaped. Pictures will ensue at quitting time.
That's excellent. At least we'll be able to do something to Alice this weekend.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #75
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Thoughts of the Day:
Apparently Tire Rack is having a sale or something because they have some kick *** prices at the moment.

33x10.5 BFG A/T: $167 per tire, $835 for 5

33x10.5 BFG M/T KM2: $193 per tire, $965 for 5

33x12.5 GY DuraTrac: $178 per tire, $890 for 5

33x12.5 GY MT/R K: $204 per tire, $1,020 for 5, $940 after mail in rebate

With prices like that it's almost worth while to grab some tires now and then put them on later when my current ones are done.

Hmm...

JF Rubicon Trip 2014

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.