From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Reply
Unread 08-05-2013, 05:13 AM   #676
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
I've never heard of anyone being arrested, most of the time it's just a trespassing ticket, possibly a warning. Only people getting arrested are the underage drinkers
Absolutely. You would be hard pressed to get anything more than a warning most of the time. If you are treading lightly, picking up trash on the trail and being a reasonable human being no officer in their right mind would arrest you.

Jansey - I was rather polite when you tried to tip me off on my thread figuring you were just trying to be nice to someone new to the game. Now it seems clear that you are more of a bully than anything else.

Perhaps you should stick to commenting on peoples actual builds and leave the martyr lecture behind. We all know the rules and the laws, there is no need to go around to the build thread of everyone in CT to over exaggerate your view point.

__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #677
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh
 
janesy86's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 1,196
Do what you want. All it takes is a quick search and its clear that the areas you guys are wheeling and posting pictures of, are spots you should not be. You are the ones posting them up and talking about the locations, I'm just informing you...

I've mentioned to you a while back, that for NE, the best way and really only way to get access to trails is to join a club... There are plenty in NE. I have wheeled almost every weekend in the last two months, all legal.

And Like I said, I've known people in CT that wheel. A few years ago when they were new, had wheeled in another State Park there and were close to at least getting their rigs impounded. All it takes is a cop that is having a bad day...

I'm sure there are waay more people that would back me up with what I'm saying than stand behind you. All you are doing is hurting the sport and it will not ever help open up any state land in your state if you just contiune to trespass.

Good luck with everything.
__________________
03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #678
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Yep, sucks for you guys in CT.

I'm pretty positive that even those state forests are not meant to be wheeled in with a Jeep. Even if they are, its just the main trail, the offshoots from them are illegal and you could be arrested, not just given a ticket. Not trying to police you guys or be a dick, just letting you know of what I have heard and know...

Everyone I know that lives in CT that wheels either makes the ride up to MA/NH or the trek to PA for Rausch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
I've never heard of anyone being arrested, most of the time it's just a trespassing ticket, possibly a warning. Only people getting arrested are the underage drinkers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Absolutely. You would be hard pressed to get anything more than a warning most of the time. If you are treading lightly, picking up trash on the trail and being a reasonable human being no officer in their right mind would arrest you.

Jansey - I was rather polite when you tried to tip me off on my thread figuring you were just trying to be nice to someone new to the game. Now it seems clear that you are more of a bully than anything else.

Perhaps you should stick to commenting on peoples actual builds and leave the martyr lecture behind. We all know the rules and the laws, there is no need to go around to the build thread of everyone in CT to over exaggerate your view point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Do what you want. All it takes is a quick search and its clear that the areas you guys are wheeling and posting pictures of, are spots you should not be. You are the ones posting them up and talking about the locations, I'm just informing you...

I've mentioned to you a while back, that for NE, the best way and really only way to get access to trails is to join a club... There are plenty in NE. I have wheeled almost every weekend in the last two months, all legal.

And Like I said, I've known people in CT that wheel. A few years ago when they were new, had wheeled in another State Park there and were close to at least getting their rigs impounded. All it takes is a cop that is having a bad day...

I'm sure there are waay more people that would back me up with what I'm saying than stand behind you. All you are doing is hurting the sport and it will not ever help open up any state land in your state if you just contiune to trespass.

Good luck with everything.


Perhaps I've been to vague in describing the location of my "adventures". To set the record straight, all of the roads I've talked about, described, or photographed here in CT have been clearly marked or well established and have shown up on multiple published maps. On the occasions that I come across a road or "trail" that I'm not sure about, I note it's location and check it out on my maps when I get home to see if it's good or not. Not sure what else I need to do to consider a road "safe".
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #679
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post

Perhaps I've been to vague in describing the location of my "adventures". To set the record straight, all of the roads I've talked about, described, or photographed here in CT have been clearly marked or well established and have shown up on multiple published maps. On the occasions that I come across a road or "trail" that I'm not sure about, I note it's location and check it out on my maps when I get home to see if it's good or not. Not sure what else I need to do to consider a road "safe".
Indeed. Anywhere I have gone have been unimproved dirt roads that are NOT marked no trespassing or areas that we have gone with locals who have a working relationship with EPO officers.

Jansey - I am not trying to say that you are wrong. I just don't think that its very productive for you to be going around to peoples build threads bullying them into being afraid of doing what they love. There is a proper time and place for everything and you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Perhaps instead of going after Jeep owners that tread lightly you should join an ATV forum and start picking on people who rip through trails and destroy them and throw beer cans out everywhere. That is where the real problem is.
__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #680
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 628
Some pictures and video from today's adventure.











__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #681
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Some pictures and video from today's adventure.


Looks pretty smooth man
s.jpg

__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #682
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 628
Agh... I hate making big life decisions...
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #683
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Agh... I hate making big life decisions...
What's on your mind Andy?
__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #684
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Agh... I hate making big life decisions...
Colorado?
__________________
I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #685
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
What's on your mind Andy?
Well, I've come to a "Y" in the road so to speak, and need to decided if:

A) Do I stay in CT and get a job while I try to figure out what it is that I really want to do with my life.

or

B) Do I drop everything, pack my stuff, and drive 2000 miles to CO within the next 30 days to join my buddy at a roughly 2 year aviation mechanic school. Upon completion of said school I would receive an Associates degree and an A&P license, as well as help getting a job.
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #686
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post

Well, I've come to a "Y" in the road so to speak, and need to decided if:

A) Do I stay in CT and get a job while I try to figure out what it is that I really want to do with my life.

or

B) Do I drop everything, pack my stuff, and drive 2000 miles to CO within the next 30 days to join my buddy at a roughly 2 year aviation mechanic school. Upon completion of said school I would receive an Associates degree and an A&P license, as well as help getting a job.
God damnit!!! Everyone is moving to Colorado! Oh right... that's because the job market isn't deplorable there.
__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #687
AndyE
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Groton, CT
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
God damnit!!! Everyone is moving to Colorado! Oh right... that's because the job market isn't deplorable there.
I haven't decided on anything yet, all though the more I learn about the school the better and better it sounds...

Perhaps you should look for some work in CO yourself?
__________________
Build Thread The Ballad of a TJ

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #688
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
I haven't decided on anything yet, all though the more I learn about the school the better and better it sounds...

Perhaps you should look for some work in CO yourself?
Exactly like I told Liz - go for it. The odds of you finding a decent job in the northeast isnt great. Why not spend 2 years in Colorado on an adventure... gaining skills to come back home and get a good career and spend forever with me!!!!!

I would be very interested in moving out to CO - but the odds of me finding a better job are slim to none. I am very lucky and very happy where I am now. Maybe in 2 years when I am done with grad school I might consider relocating if Liz likes it out there. I will miss me some New England though....
__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #689
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I might consider relocating if Liz likes it out there. I will miss me some New England though....
Is there some sort of domestic partnership here?
__________________
I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #690
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Is there some sort of domestic partnership here?

Yeah. We are the best straight lesbian couple ever. She even wears the blue diamond ring I gave her on her left ring finger. We have both come to terms with the fact that we will have an open marriage down the road.
__________________
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kates-05-unlimited-rubi-learning-process-1426763/"] Chicks are allowed build threads here, right? [/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.