From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-31-2013, 08:15 AM   #661
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
I've read a lot of great things about the MC control arms. But your reveiw about them has me really thinking about a set.
It's hard to know there true impact on the overall ride since I also changed shocks and tires, but I'd say they've helped. Some of the dirt roads we drove were quite wash boarded and before I could only manage 20mph and even that was uncomfortable. Now I can run the same road at 25mph comfortably and I feel like I could easily go faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Rigs looking great! Must feel awesome to have it back on the road again!

And just an fyi. Most if not all powerlines are illegal. Do what you want but just a heads up. Not much if any, land legal to wheel in CT...
Thanks! Yea, I know about the powerlines, and in the case of this one I would never actually consider running it. Even if I could get past the gate and rocks blocking the entrance it's right across the street from someones house. However a guy can dream right? I drive past it almost every day and can't help but think cool and fun the first 100 yds looks and can only imagine what the rest of it must look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Looks like some beautiful terrain. I'm glad the shakedown went smooth for the most part. Maybe you should host the next meet-up!
Possibly. I need to get back up there and do a proper recon of the trails to see if it's actually worth bringing a large group threw. Only problem is I don't have a winch and would rather not take the chance of checking them out alone...

Quote:
Oh great... now I am synonymous with chrome?!

Im gonna stick with Andy and say that I kinda like them as well. Brightens the grill up a bit without being epilepsy-inducing chrome all around.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #662
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
True and it really sucks. Worst part is that the trespassing ticket is less than the cost to go to a real OHV park. Not trying to say it's okay though.

Merriam-Webster just came out with it today... chrome - something Kate puts on her Jeep.
****, Tyler. I didnt put it on... it just CAME that way. Didnt you see the satisfied look on my face in the picture of me grinding the nerf bars off?!

... I will plead guilty to the hood latches though. But those are stainless steel so it doesn't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
It's hard to know there true impact on the overall ride since I also changed shocks and tires, but I'd say they've helped. Some of the dirt roads we drove were quite wash boarded and before I could only manage 20mph and even that was uncomfortable. Now I can run the same road at 25mph comfortably and I feel like I could easily go faster.

Thanks! Yea, I know about the powerlines, and in the case of this one I would never actually consider running it. Even if I could get past the gate and rocks blocking the entrance it's right across the street from someones house. However a guy can dream right? I drive past it almost every day and can't help but think cool and fun the first 100 yds looks and can only imagine what the rest of it must look like.

Possibly. I need to get back up there and do a proper recon of the trails to see if it's actually worth bringing a large group threw. Only problem is I don't have a winch and would rather not take the chance of checking them out alone...

So... we have a prelim CT jeep posse trail vet-out day! Then we will have 2 winches!
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #663
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

So... we have a prelim CT jeep posse trail vet-out day! Then we will have 2 winches!
Wtf is vet-out day?
Unread 08-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #664
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wtf is vet-out day?
Like... when you go check out something before a full scale operation. Reconnaissance if you will.

Unread 08-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #665
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Are you guys holding out on me on CT wheelin spots!?
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #666
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
This was up in Mass, I have yet to find a good spot around the homestead.

Unread 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #667
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I wouldn't call the stuff I found local wheeling, yet. I was able to do the main "road" in 2 wheel with only a small part done in 4 wheel just because. That being said there where many trails branching off deeper into the state forest that I wasn't able to explore. Once I'm able to go check those out and determine if there worth while I'll be sure to pass the info along to all you fellow CT Jeepers.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #668
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Preliminary Camping Plan

For you Ladies and Gentlemen out there who are interested(Kate and Tyler), My Dad and I are looking at camping in the Pachaug State Forest next weekend Sat-Sun(10th-11th). The plan is to set up the campsite and go explore the trails I found last weekend on Sat, camp over night, and then do whatever on Sun. The campsites are next to a lake and the individual sites are well spaced. Questions? Comments?

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #669
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Preliminary Camping Plan

For you Ladies and Gentlemen out there who are interested(Kate and Tyler), My Dad and I are looking at camping in the Pachaug State Forest next weekend Sat-Sun(10th-11th). The plan is to set up the campsite and go explore the trails I found last weekend on Sat, camp over night, and then do whatever on Sun. The campsites are next to a lake and the individual sites are well spaced. Questions? Comments?
My only question is.... is the lake icky? There is not much I shy away from in life, and I love swimming. But seaweed is like my kryptonite.

Unread 08-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #670
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Preliminary Camping Plan

Could be fun. I have no plans yet, so I'll remember this
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #671
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My only question is.... is the lake icky? There is not much I shy away from in life, and I love swimming. But seaweed is like my kryptonite.
I wasn't able to get a super good at the lake threw the trees, but what I did see didn't look over grown. There were also a lot of people running around dressed for swimming so I assuming it's not to bad

Quote:
Could be fun. I have no plans yet, so I'll remember this

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 08-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #672
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This was up in Mass, I have yet to find a good spot around the homestead.
nothing in CT is legal unless its private land. Everywhere I have been is out of state. MA has some spots right on the border of CT
AngryTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #673
jeepster1407
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Builds lookin good man!
jeepster1407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #674
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
nothing in CT is legal unless its private land.
Yep, sucks for you guys in CT.

I'm pretty positive that even those state forests are not meant to be wheeled in with a Jeep. Even if they are, its just the main trail, the offshoots from them are illegal and you could be arrested, not just given a ticket. Not trying to police you guys or be a dick, just letting you know of what I have heard and know...

Everyone I know that lives in CT that wheels either makes the ride up to MA/NH or the trek to PA for Rausch.

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #675
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post

Yep, sucks for you guys in CT.

I'm pretty positive that even those state forests are not meant to be wheeled in with a Jeep. Even if they are, its just the main trail, the offshoots from them are illegal and you could be arrested, not just given a ticket. Not trying to police you guys or be a dick, just letting you know of what I have heard and know...

Everyone I know that lives in CT that wheels either makes the ride up to MA/NH or the trek to PA for Rausch.
I've never heard of anyone being arrested, most of the time it's just a trespassing ticket, possibly a warning. Only people getting arrested are the underage drinkers

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.