From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ - Page 43 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #631
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Jeep Thoughts of the Day:

To bed line the interior or to not bed line the interior. That is the question...
Bedrug!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #632
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

To bed line the interior or to not bed line the interior. That is the question...
Theres a lot of positives and really just one negative for me about lining a tub . I like that everything is sealed and protected , which makes it much easier to clean with the kids. Its also deadens the noise a little , the only downfall is the heat transfer from the exhaust . Currently I use the old floor mats to keep our feet from roasting on longer trips . At some point in the near future I would like to make something a little more substantial . If you go with liner keep your carpet until you decide whether or not the floors get to hot for you.

Are you going to go the DIY route or pay to have it done ? My experience with Line-X has been much better than the Herculiner I had previously used . When I was researching about DIY liners for my trailer tub the Raptor seemed to be the most liked of the DIY stuff commonly available . After everything I read I still decided to go with Line-X in the trailer as it only costs a third more than doing it myself and I believe its a better product .
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #633
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Well, despite the water crossings we did yesterday and Alice staying dry - I got what was coming to me.

I didnt think it was going to downpour as much as it did this morning. I still didnt put the windows on after last night. There is a solid 2" of water in the Jeep. Gotta take the floor plugs out before I go home for lunch.

So- I figure now is a good time to rip out the carpets and get my bedliner on.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #634
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post

Well, despite the water crossings we did yesterday and Alice staying dry - I got what was coming to me.

I didnt think it was going to downpour as much as it did this morning. I still didnt put the windows on after last night. There is a solid 2" of water in the Jeep. Gotta take the floor plugs out before I go home for lunch.

Yeah... left my doors off
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #635
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Yeah... left my doors off
I still have my drain plugs in. Im going to try to borrow some pliers at work and see if I can remove them without fussing too much so I dont have to drive home with my boots floating on a mat.

Worth it either way.

Unread 07-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #636
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

7/22/2013

As soon as I figure out a good way to upload the videos I'll post those as well.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #637
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
My vote is not too. But it's not my Jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Theres a lot of positives and really just one negative for me about lining a tub . I like that everything is sealed and protected , which makes it much easier to clean with the kids. Its also deadens the noise a little , the only downfall is the heat transfer from the exhaust . Currently I use the old floor mats to keep our feet from roasting on longer trips . At some point in the near future I would like to make something a little more substantial . If you go with liner keep your carpet until you decide whether or not the floors get to hot for you.

Are you going to go the DIY route or pay to have it done ? My experience with Line-X has been much better than the Herculiner I had previously used . When I was researching about DIY liners for my trailer tub the Raptor seemed to be the most liked of the DIY stuff commonly available . After everything I read I still decided to go with Line-X in the trailer as it only costs a third more than doing it myself and I believe its a better product .
Interesting thoughts. I'm still on the fence but leaning towards not doing bedliner. I understand the benefits, but I think it would drive me nuts in the end. Especially if it has a rough, sandpaper like texture that I've seen with truck bedliners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Bedrug!
I've actually had my eye on on BedRug's BedTread product. Seems like the best of both worlds. For the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post

You'll have to let me know when you put it on so I can come up and watch.

The Jeep

Put in an order for a Dynomax catback today through Summit today. Hopefully it will fix my current problem and have better clearance when I put the UCF skid back on.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #638
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Interesting thoughts. I'm still on the fence but leaning towards not doing bedliner. I understand the benefits, but I think it would drive me nuts in the end. Especially if it has a rough, sandpaper like texture that I've seen with truck bedliners.

I've actually had my eye on on BedRug's BedTread product. Seems like the best of both worlds. For the most part.

The Jeep

Put in an order for a Dynomax catback today through Summit today. Hopefully it will fix my current problem and have better clearance when I put the UCF skid back on.
I see no downside to bedliner... you can put carpet back in over it & there's less worry about moisture under the carpet. Whatever carpet you have, moisture will get under it & having a protected surface is a plus imo

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #639
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The Line-X in my Jeep isnt rough , actually its almost smooth .
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:33 AM   #640
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The Jeep

Absolutely. I think I will begin my prepwork next week and shoot to do it next weekend. I went for the monstaliner because it doesn't have a rubber crumb filler that would give that rough texture. I like to sit on my Jeeps bed and sometimes I don't like to wear pants. So - rough bedliner was definitely out of the question for me.

Unread 07-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #641
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got the Dynomax cat back installed. It took care of the vibrations I was feeling through the pedal and the Jeep it's self. The next step is to try and reinstall the UCF skid and see how the new exhaust clears the tub and track bar, although looking at the clearances as they stand now it's not looking so good.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 07-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #642
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

To update the above, for the moment at least, I've been able to work out all the know bugs. With the stock T-case skid installed. Tomorrow I've got a short trip to the local state forest planned as a small shake down. Assuming nothing else pops up I'll try to reinstall the UCF skid next week.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #643
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 07-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #644
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looks very nice man!
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #645
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Looks very nice man!
X2 , go enjoy your well earned wheeling run .

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.