From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > From Overhaul to Overkill. The Ballad of a TJ

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 04-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #226
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Well I've got a Trektop NX on order, and the best part is I didn't pay a cent! I started showing it to my Parents and before I could finish they were asking if I want it for my birthday. So of course I said hell yea! However I honestly think it's self serving on there part, considering they were more excited about it than I was!
That should take care of the hardtop storage question also then! double score. That's a cool gift. My mom is an RN, and I MIGHT get a $20 shirt. That I will intentionally forget at her house...... i'm spiteful.

Unread 04-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #227
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
That should take care of the hardtop storage question also then! double score.
That's actually why I was showing it to them. They've been kind enough to let me live with them for now and the don't have alot of extra storage. So me showing it to them was really a sales pitch of sorts to see what they would say about my hard top. Their response, "We'll figure it out when the soft top gets here."

Quote:
That's a cool gift. My mom is an RN, and I MIGHT get a $20 shirt. That I will intentionally forget at her house...... i'm spiteful.
That sucks. I count myself as very lucky that I have such a good relationship with my parents. I hate when they spend this much money on me, but they insisted. I think they might be trying to make up for missing my birthday the last 2 years.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #228
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That sucks. I count myself as very lucky that I have such a good relationship with my parents. I hate when they spend this much money on me, but they insisted. I think they might be trying to make up for missing my birthday the last 2 years.
I'll take another meal from them anytime
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #229
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thats a kickass bday present. Something tells me I won't he so lucky when I try hinting at a welder to my parents. In all honesty I hate when any of my family insists on gifting me money.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #230
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Was digging around the picture part of the forum trying to see what my Jeep might look like with 33x12.5 M/TR Ks and found these pictures.

This Jeep has a RC 2.5 and 1.25BL, pretty close to what I'll be running. I think it looks pretty BA. Really makes me want to say screw it and grab a set of 33" M/TR Ks and Spidertrax wheel spacers to go with the rest of the stuff I'm throwing on the Jeep...

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #231
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

That looks legit!
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #232
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Thoughts of the Day

While looking at the UCF high clearence skid I noticed the aluminum skid comes in either 1/4" or 3/8". My question to those who have aftermarket skids is 1/4" aluminum sufficient or is it worth it to go with the 3/8"?

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #233
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

1/4 sufficient without a lot of rocks and belly dragging. Lots of rocks or belly dragging 3/8ths would be nice. The aluminum seems to lose a lot of material when scraped heavily.... probably never an issue though. FWIW, I've managed to bend slightly my 1/4in steel skid. Don't bother me none, and is probably more likely a design issue than a material issue.
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #234
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

3/8th is stout , but I just read a thread in the TJ section where someone bent the 1/4" UCF aluminum skid pretty bad . The Savvy skid isnt super thick either , but it has the rear crossmember and flanges that add strength .
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #235
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
1/4 sufficient without a lot of rocks and belly dragging. Lots of rocks or belly dragging 3/8ths would be nice. The aluminum seems to lose a lot of material when scraped heavily.... probably never an issue though. FWIW, I've managed to bend slightly my 1/4in steel skid. Don't bother me none, and is probably more likely a design issue than a material issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
3/8th is stout , but I just read a thread in the TJ section where someone bent the 1/4" UCF aluminum skid pretty bad . The Savvy skid isnt super thick either , but it has the rear crossmember and flanges that add strength .
I figure the 1/4" would probably be sufficient, but for only $100 more 3/8" seems like a good piece of mind. I wish the Savvy UA was available for early auto TJ's, but it looks like it's been "in development" for a couple of years with no release in sight.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #236
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Thoughts of the Day

Well I've pretty much convinced myself that it would be a really good idea to get some 33's before I measure for new bump stops and shocks. No point in doing it twice. I've also decided after looking closer at my GTS that I have no want or will to try to restore it. A Savvy GTS will be on order shortly.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #237
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The Savvy GTS is a work of art , you wont be disappointed .
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #238
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My clicky finger is feeling itchy. Morris 4x4 Center has the Best top trek top NX for $550 with free shipping. So tempting...
YES!!!!! This plan is coming along nicely.

Quote:
Well I've got a Trektop NX on order, and the best part is I didn't pay a cent! I started showing it to my Parents and before I could finish they were asking if I want it for my birthday. So of course I said hell yea! However I honestly think it's self serving on there part, considering they were more excited about it than I was!
Yeah - your parents are kind of awesome. My late birthday present this year was being told I had to move all of my stuff out of my room at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
True fact- it was delightful

Quote:
That looks legit!
Could not have said it better myself.

Quote:
Jeep Thoughts of the Day

Well I've pretty much convinced myself that it would be a really good idea to get some 33's before I measure for new bump stops and shocks. No point in doing it twice. I've also decided after looking closer at my GTS that I have no want or will to try to restore it. A Savvy GTS will be on order shortly.
Very good plan. I like it very much.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #239
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You guys, and girl, are enablers...

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #240
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
True fact- it was delightful
If you guys are intrested there will be plenty of weekend cook outs this summer.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.