THE OTH BUILD, my 03 rubi. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > THE OTH BUILD, my 03 rubi.

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #76
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Wauconda, northern burbs about 45 mins to an hour north of Chicago.

Are those the new 33s? or still the older set f tires?

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #77
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
I live in Wauconda, northern burbs about 45 mins to an hour north of Chicago.

Are those the new 33s? or still the older set f tires?
new (used) 33s. just the exact same tire. km1's/ only 3 inches bigger and an inch wider. im in park ridge man i know exactly were your at. i may hit you up to help alighn my jeep after my next trip.

hey by chance do u have any armor for sale?? like diff or oil pan? kinda wierd i know but im just looking

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/oth-build-my-03-rubi-1388971/[/url]

There are other ways of adding belly clearance without lifting your vehicle off the axles...like 40s, 42s, 44s, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike481
My jeep is magic...it can make all my money disappear.

that's not magic, that's standard operating procedure

"i dont understand why jeep made doors and tops an option, getting cought bare assed, pants around your ankels in a hail storm is half the fun of owning this *****"
mmini1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #78
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmini1990 View Post
new (used) 33s. just the exact same tire. km1's/ only 3 inches bigger and an inch wider. im in park ridge man i know exactly were your at. i may hit you up to help alighn my jeep after my next trip.

hey by chance do u have any armor for sale?? like diff or oil pan? kinda wierd i know but im just looking
Next time you need an alignment let me know and I'll show you how it's done. And I don't have any armor for sale, all my armor is still in use. You can get good diff covers for around $100, and oil pan skids arent that bad in price either. I should get an oil pan skid now that I think about it.

IndyORV
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #79
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN

Next time you need an alignment let me know and I'll show you how it's done. And I don't have any armor for sale, all my armor is still in use. You can get good diff covers for around $100, and oil pan skids arent that bad in price either. I should get an oil pan skid now that I think about it.
Man I need one sooo bad. I came down on a rock in the dry river bed at the cliffs and put a nice sharp dent right in my pan. Like to the point of it being a 32nd of an inch away from puncture. Sooooo. Time to start armoring up the jeep.

Sent from the mouth of Zeus; delivered by Hermes.

There are other ways of adding belly clearance without lifting your vehicle off the axles...like 40s, 42s, 44s, etc

Quote:

"i dont understand why jeep made doors and tops an option, getting cought bare assed, pants around your ankels in a hail storm is half the fun of owning this *****"
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #80
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have been fairly lucky to not hit my oil pain in the big rocks or on the trails. Part of that is due to my jeep sitting about 2" too tall (which I'll be taking care of soon) and also because I did a 1.25" BL and a 1" MML. The MML gives you that extra inch of engine clearance.

IndyORV
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #81
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN
I have been fairly lucky to not hit my oil pain in the big rocks or on the trails. Part of that is due to my jeep sitting about 2" too tall (which I'll be taking care of soon) and also because I did a 1.25" BL and a 1" MML. The MML gives you that extra inch of engine clearance.
Really?? That sounds interesting. I'll look into the mml. I saw your jeep prof. Holy **** man she's a beast

Quote:

Unread 08-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #82
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

If your motor mount bushings are in good shape then just get the block spacers to mount under the motor mounts. A lot of companies sell the spacer kits. If your motor mounts are shot then consider brown dog full replacements.

It's easiest to do a BL at the same time you do the MML, it will only add an extra inch and give you just a little bit more fender, corner, and rocker clearance while lifting up that motor as well with the MML. It will also help your rear drive line angles by angling the transfer case output yoke down.

don't go any higher then a 1.25" BL..

And thanks for the comlpiments, it's been an insane and fun journey...

IndyORV
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #83
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looking really good!
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #84
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
If your motor mount bushings are in good shape then just get the block spacers to mount under the motor mounts. A lot of companies sell the spacer kits. If your motor mounts are shot then consider brown dog full replacements.

It's easiest to do a BL at the same time you do the MML, it will only add an extra inch and give you just a little bit more fender, corner, and rocker clearance while lifting up that motor as well with the MML. It will also help your rear drive line angles by angling the transfer case output yoke down.

don't go any higher then a 1.25" BL..

And thanks for the comlpiments, it's been an insane and fun journey...
i bet it has man. im happy to just be starting mine. im looking to not go totaly crazy. some day ill sit on 4.5 coilovers and metal cloaks. axels done up and trussed. but for now ima beet her like a salvation army drum. im goinf to do a 1' bl for my tummy tuck and ill prolly add a mml then. thanks for the info!

Quote:

Unread 08-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #85
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1918 View Post
Looking really good!
thanks man!

Quote:

Unread 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #86
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Jeep looks great. How do you like those AEV springs?
sorry about that man i missed your post. lol. thanks! and the AEV springs are amazing. they ride super stiff w the bilstiens but i kinda like it. the front are just sooooo long. they try to account for the hevy bumpers and winch and doors and hard top to settel em down a bit. how ever,,,, i have none of that. i kept my jeep susper light, so it sits like 3 inches higher up front. drives me nuts. NUTS. i might actualy try out metal cloaks springs at some point.

Quote:

Unread 08-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #87
janesy86
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Doesn't look like it sits that bad in the pic you posted, looks pretty level.

Lookin' good tho! You doing the Monstaliner soon still?

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #88
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

yea i had to cancel the order, im replacing it on next friday. long story short, overdrafted the living **** out of my bank account.... lol

Quote:

Unread 08-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #89
mmini1990
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Monsta on its way. Sold my old tires so I had some cash to use. Kinda pumped. I need to start armoring everything.

Quote:

Unread 08-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #90
adamsobi
2004 TJ Wrangler 

How far of a drive to the cliffs do you have? I'm in Milwaukee. So about 4 hours for me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.