Oscar the TJ gets a CUMMINS - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Oscar the TJ gets a CUMMINS

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #31
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well while i am waiting for my turbo to soak in my mystery solution i started on the crankshaft sensor and cam shaft sensor. Both of these will allow me to use my stock tach.

forumrunner_20120728_012538.jpg

forumrunner_20120728_012556.jpg

"Look no further than yourself, for all of the good and all of the evil that exist in this world, resides in the heart of man and his propensity to use it".
10-3-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #32
JASON_77
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Subscribed
JASON_77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 01:48 AM   #33
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-3-TJ View Post

Do you plan on cutting a hole in your hood.
The 4bt is a tall engine as it is. Why stick it all the way in the air like that.
This is how I did mine.

I used a 5.9 manifold cut down also. But I have an HE341 turbo installed.

If you want to check out my build here a link.
Unread 07-29-2012, 03:30 AM   #34
justanotherjpr

Subbed!
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #35
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ksilovich.. You make a great point about the turbo up so high. I am also worried about it. I chose the manifold that had a complete 90 bend in it rather than the 45. I had both in front of me and called shawn at Jeff Daniels and he suggested the 90. I like how yours sets down lower. Just have to wait and see what happens. Worst case. I get to cut and weld more on another manifold.

"Look no further than yourself, for all of the good and all of the evil that exist in this world, resides in the heart of man and his propensity to use it".
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #36
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I am also thinking about running a snorkel kit for a YJ from ARB. The YJ snorkel exits the drivers side fender. I cant use my passenger side fender cause that is where my 4 inch exhaust is gonna exit. Much like marstache. ( spelling is prolly way off) i was very impressed by his build and love the way his jeep looked with that stak

Unread 07-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #37
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here are some pics from Jeff Daniels Jeeps webiste of a TJ with a high mount turbo which is identical to mine

Unread 07-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #38
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Agian these are NOT MY jeep.. but just examples of what mine " should " look like when jammed back into the TJ.

Unread 07-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #39
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

For anyone looking to put a Cummins in your Jeep check out kssilovich build. It is awesome. I wish mine was going that direction. AWESOME JOB ksilovich

Unread 07-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #40
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

CRAWLED! This is fun to watch.

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:36 PM   #41
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am very anxious to see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #42
jknate

This is the route I want to take with my jk.
jknate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #43
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

JKNATE
Contact Shawn and Dan at jeff daniels jeep and discuss with them what you have and want to do. They sell kits for your JK. On their website the have one or two JK's with a cummins and pictures also. Good luck

Unread 07-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #44
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES

So the last couple posts I was waiting for my mystery solution to work its magic. WELL IT DIDNT WORK. So i contacted Stacy and Columbus Diesel Supply told him my dilemma. He told me to bring the turbo on in and he would get it apart. I was very skeptical because i already took it to one shop and they laughed at me.

To my relief Stacy came through and got the exhaust housing seperated. Fast forward to this morning. I attempted to clean and clock the turbo so it would work for my application. Well i am no turbo builder for sure.. some how i got the exhaust housing on crooked and the fan blades where hitting bad!

So again i went back to Columbus Diesel Supply for Stacy to rescue me. Stacy and another mechanic saved my as* . They took my turbo apart again sand blasted my housing and cleaned the center housing and re installed the housing FOR FREE!!!!!!!! I couldnt believe it..

The turbo spins like a brand new one. I couldnt be happier.

Unread 07-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #45
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So feeling that my karma bank was now empty i figured i better go get parts like oil filter, fuel filter , thermostat , front cover gasket and the like. Well luck strikes again. Turns out there is a Cummins dealer about 15 minutes away... I also stopped at NAPA and picked up some cummins beige spray paint in a rattle can.

Tags
4bt , cummins , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.