Oscar the TJ gets a CUMMINS - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Oscar the TJ gets a CUMMINS

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #256
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

scoutboater,

Its funny that you mention the blind spot. My father just tonight asked me about the new blind spot. I cant actually answer the question yet. I sat in the Jeep tonight in the garage and imagined I was on the road and while it has created a new blind spot I think its okay. Now I may drive it for the first time and say I cant see sh*t but honestly I will work around that little problem.

"Look no further than yourself, for all of the good and all of the evil that exist in this world, resides in the heart of man and his propensity to use it".
10-3-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #257
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Last night I bought the tube fender kit from Offroad Utopia. I like the idea of welding my own fenders because I can adapt them into what I need.

So today I call them number on Offroad Utopia's website and an older very sweet lady answers the phone Hello she says. I think to myself, thats weird no company name, but whatever. I then ask her, is this Offroad Utopia she politey responds that No this is not the offroad shop and she has had the number for approxmiately 9 months. I say thank you and sorry for bothering you and hang up.

I immdiately think I have been had. So i get back on Offroad Utopia's webiste and send an email to the listed email address asking if the company was still in business or had gone under. Thankfully about an hour later or so I get an email back which stated that are still in business and are working on my kit.

Hopefully next week they will be here.

"Look no further than yourself, for all of the good and all of the evil that exist in this world, resides in the heart of man and his propensity to use it".
Unread 09-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #258
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

nice build. Subbed

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #259
JEEP 6x
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great job. Just a suggestion. You might want to put a piece of flex pipe on the horizontal exhaust pipe and fasten the vertical stack to the body so it doesn't put so much stress on your exhaust manifold when your off road. Nice looking stack. Similar to a big rig.
JEEP 6x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #260
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to have trouble supporting the stack...but I'll wait till your finished to judge

Great work, otherwise!
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #261
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got my slave cylinder and new clutch fork in the mail today.. Plan on working on this bad boy tomorrow night. I hope to have the jeep driving by tuesday.

Unread 09-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #262
allwheeldriven

This going to be a daily driver? Can't imagine having a stack that low, and sticking out like that will be a good thing in a parking lot. Some kid gets out of a car next to you and burns themselves on it, it might not be awesome. Having one in front of the cabin also seems less than ideal. Getting sued and smogged out by exhaust can be a downer.
The rest seems cool. Good luck.
allwheeldriven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #263
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwheeldriven View Post
This going to be a daily driver? Can't imagine having a stack that low, and sticking out like that will be a good thing in a parking lot. Some kid gets out of a car next to you and burns themselves on it, it might not be awesome. Having one in front of the cabin also seems less than ideal. Getting sued and smogged out by exhaust can be a downer.
The rest seems cool. Good luck.
Were I come from we call that kind of people yuppies and or Dumb asses I kind of like it I may just do that on my build if its ok with you?
Unread 09-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #264
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Alleheeldriven.

Yeah you make valid arguments. But like Toby Keith says in American Ride song. Spill a cup off coffee, make a million bucks.

I am not concerned about being sued. Lets be honest if someone wanted to sue me they prolly could from all the mudd and black smoke which will be obstructing the windshield of their Prius.

This will be a daily driven Jeep, although i am hopeful that the amount of parking lot time Oscar see's will be kept to a minimum .

As far as the exhaust fumes go. I cant honestly say. I dunno what its gonna be like. It may be completely unbearable and i will have to change it. But i will cross that bridge when i get to it.

This country was built on the backs of revolutionary thinkers who thought out of the box and from time to time they got things wrong, but the chance of failure never prevented them from trying.

Unread 09-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #265
trailnYJ

^^^^^ :thumb:

95 YJ 2.5 4 banger with 4"rancho lift on top of 33x12.5/15
trailnYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #266
cycleguy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-3-TJ View Post
This country was built on the backs of revolutionary thinkers who thought out of the box and from time to time they got things wrong, but the chance of failure never prevented them from trying.
Hell, yeah!

When are you going to get a video of it driving? I wanna see the turbo kicking in on a steep a$$ incline!!! Let's see some smoke!

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #267
papitt
1995 ZJ 

I have a video of mine on U TUBE .. Papitt's Bronco I think. If it's Still up. No smoke on that video .. But mine sure does push out the smoke.
papitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #268
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Papitt,

Hey looked up the video, looks and sounds great. That Bronco is sweet. The wrap looks pretty neat also.

Great job.

Unread 10-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #269
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So last night i needed a brass fitting to go from my slave cylinder to my stainless steel line and miscellaneous pieces.

I get to the local parts shop and wouldnt you know closed for the day. I was 18 minutes late.

So this morning i went and got everything i need to get the jeep moving and finish the coolant.

I decided that i wanted to paint my coolant pipes , so i did.

forumrunner_20121003_143023.jpg

forumrunner_20121003_143042.jpg

I think they look great.

Unread 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #270
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here is the slave cylinder bracket that i built.

forumrunner_20121003_143203.jpg

forumrunner_20121003_143223.jpg

forumrunner_20121003_143247.jpg

forumrunner_20121003_143302.jpg

forumrunner_20121003_143325.jpg

forumrunner_20121003_143341.jpg

I am very happy with the end result. I ended up welding it to my frame because there was no way i could use a bolt because of fuel and brake lines on the inside of the frame rail.

I got some fine thread jam nuts today which i will use with washers and drill a hole in the clutch fork so the slace will be finished.

Also got my tube fenders from Offroad utopia. They look very sturdy although i was a little disappointed that the fender kit didnt include any plate steel. Just tubes. Ohh well if i have come this far no reason i cant figure that out.

Tags
4bt , cummins , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.