Oscar the TJ gets a CUMMINS - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Oscar the TJ gets a CUMMINS

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 08-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #151
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Then i moved onto the pressurized oil from the block to the turbo. I bought stainlesssteel reinforced line with an fittings. This was neat caused i have never used these before. For anyone looking to use them they are very easy to assemble.

forumrunner_20120822_191300.jpg

As you can see i also utilized a T fitting to use my stock oil pressure sending unit. There was another bung in the motor to use but it was being blocked by the motor mounts.

"Look no further than yourself, for all of the good and all of the evil that exist in this world, resides in the heart of man and his propensity to use it".
10-3-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #152
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

forumrunner_20120822_192025.jpg

forumrunner_20120822_192038.jpg

The tape was used so i could cut the line with out it fraying.

"Look no further than yourself, for all of the good and all of the evil that exist in this world, resides in the heart of man and his propensity to use it".
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #153
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Then i moved on to the down pipe . When i made the down pipe i thought i may have to be adjusted when the engine was installed and i was right. It was hitting the firewall and the ac parts. So i cut the pipe at a 20 degree angle and re welded it. It fit great.

forumrunner_20120822_192535.jpg

forumrunner_20120822_192547.jpg

Also added about 8 inches in length and another 90 bend in preparation to exit the fender.

Unread 08-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #154
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Then. Moved on to the intake pipe . I bought a j bend and ended up cutting about 5 inches off the side which mounts to the turbo. The following are pics on how i plan on routing my intake pipe. The first pictures so the intake pipe before i cut it and looks very long.

forumrunner_20120822_192909.jpg

forumrunner_20120822_192923.jpg

forumrunner_20120822_192943.jpg

forumrunner_20120822_193000.jpg

You will notice that the turbo is clocked and almost looks likes the hood will not shut. I have it that way on purpose so i can mock up the Spectre airbox. After it comes in then i will move it back as far as i can. I also bought 2 inch j bend which i will use to make a new boost pipe from the turbo to the intake. The one thats one there is the stock pipe which i cut and is ful of rust and junk.

This pretty much catches everyone up on the progress. The brown truck man did deliver my fuel line kit and check valve today so fuel lines should be getting plumbed this week.

Has anyone here used the Borgesen heavy duty steering shaft? My shafts u joint is shot and of course u cant just buy that little guy.

forumrunner_20120822_193059.jpg

forumrunner_20120822_193128.jpg

Unread 08-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #155
cycleguy04

So you're going to have a stack in the center? It would seem better to have the exhaust run left towards the passenger side, down, and exit the rear similar to stock. This would leave the engine a little more open for repair. Just a guess, I've never seen one of these in person.

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
cycleguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #156
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cycleguy04

The exhaust is going to exit the passenger side fender almost across from the jeep logo. Then straight up on the out side of the fender.

The down pipe exits the turbo and goes down to about the starter and then 90 degrees to the passenger side

Unread 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #157
cycleguy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-3-TJ View Post
Cycleguy04

The exhaust is going to exit the passenger side fender almost across from the jeep logo. Then straight up on the out side of the fender.

The down pipe exits the turbo and goes down to about the starter and then 90 degrees to the passenger side
If you're exiting left, then why go right at all? Is your compressor in the way?

[COLOR="White"]'91 Ranger XLT 2WD - 4.0 V6, A4"hell"D, contemplating twin turbo 5.3[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]'79 C10 Big Ten 2WD - 350, TH350, contemplating rebuilding to 355ci with supercharger and programmable EFI[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]'12 Subaru Forester (AKA: Arctic Cat) - 2.5, non-CVT, wife's, still begging her to let me get an exhaust system[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Blue"]'01 SV650 - snorkelectomy, ebay slip-on, cam swap and re-jet in the near future [/COLOR][/FONT]
Unread 08-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #158
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cycleguy04.

Okay i think i see what your thinking . The pipe that is in the front middle of the engine is an intake pipe. That pipe will go into the cowling and stop. It wont come out of the cowling. Is that the pipe you are looking at?

Unread 08-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #159
cycleguy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-3-TJ
Cycleguy04.

Okay i think i see what your thinking . The pipe that is in the front middle of the engine is an intake pipe. That pipe will go into the cowling and stop. It wont come out of the cowling. Is that the pipe you are looking at?
Correct. I'll just shut up, now. Looks good.

Sent from the far reaches of space.

Unread 08-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #160
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Looks sweet! I must tell cylce guy though his avatar literally gives me the chills everytime I look at it.
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #161
cycleguy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyup94
Looks sweet! I must tell cylce guy though his avatar literally gives me the chills everytime I look at it.
Nice. The funny part is the lady looks like my mom, but who the F*CK is the other guy! Haha. When I first saw the pic I literally busted out laughing. I don't normally do that. The parrot is over the top!

I'm getting bored of it though. I might switch to something else increasingly creepier in the near future.

Sent from the far reaches of space.

Unread 08-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #162
CumminsYj88
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Love your intake idea,its different never would have thought of putting it in the cowl.
CumminsYj88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #163
2000jeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well I have to ask how much do you have invested in this swap so far and what is the projected final cost?

Love it though cant wait till its done
Unread 08-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #164
10-3-TJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well guys i got a lot done this evening . I finished the fuel lines and return line.

I finished the throttle linkage and made sure it goes w.o.t.

Patrially got my power steering finished. Just need to get a longer return, low pressure line.

And started on raditor lines. I am thinking about making my upper and lower coolant hoses from mild steel pipe with silicone adapters to the block and radiator . I like the idea of all my piping being powder coated to match.

No pics right now. Will try to post pics tomorrow.

Drama drama drama.. my dag on slave cylinder is literally an 8Th of an inch from the front drive shaft with everything bolted where it has to be. Time to get creative and fabricate both the fork, slave cylinder and bracket. I will have much much more to come on this topic.

As to the price of this project. Lets just say i opened a can of worms that i cant close now. Have to see it to the end.

Unread 08-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #165
MrHappy702
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Tags
4bt , cummins , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.