Operation Desert Squirrel - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #376 of 506 Old 01-05-2013, 09:45 AM
1990JEEPXJ
Registered User
 
1990JEEPXJ's Avatar
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,142
damn. id say thats a no. ha. the little rubicon bent my steering and destroyed my rockers. 1000 dollar hill ruined my t-case skiid as well. that obstacle course is no joke.. one of these days i want to do the tank trap


Completely stock, and keeping it that way...

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #377 of 506 Old 01-05-2013, 12:59 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,700


Thats impressive

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #378 of 506 Old 01-05-2013, 01:06 PM
WhiteWrangler95
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 68
Looks great!
WhiteWrangler95 is offline  
post #379 of 506 Old 01-17-2013, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
DezertTJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Marana
Posts: 5,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
damn. id say thats a no. ha. the little rubicon bent my steering and destroyed my rockers. 1000 dollar hill ruined my t-case skiid as well. that obstacle course is no joke.. one of these days i want to do the tank trap
Depending on my installed parts from now until TDS, I might try Tank Trap. Just need a tummy tuck
DezertTJ is offline  
post #380 of 506 Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
DezertTJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Marana
Posts: 5,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

Thats impressive
Turned out the pinion gear is in great shape, so we just need to get longer bolts and put everything back together
DezertTJ is offline  
post #381 of 506 Old 01-20-2013, 07:44 PM
IEcrawlerTJ01
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lake elsinore
Posts: 1,215
Cool build man

What area of Sd you from. I'm up in riverside county and looking for more tj guys to wheel with.

I got ten friends with unibodys!! Haha and one tj friend!

SAVVY,CURRIE,GOODYEAR

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline  
post #382 of 506 Old 01-29-2013, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
DezertTJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Marana
Posts: 5,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
Cool build man

What area of Sd you from. I'm up in riverside county and looking for more tj guys to wheel with.

I got ten friends with unibodys!! Haha and one tj friend!
I'm from Encinitas, but going to school out in Flagstaff, so I'm only back a few times a year
DezertTJ is offline  
post #383 of 506 Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
DezertTJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Marana
Posts: 5,662
Just placed an order with Ruffstuff for a set of 7/8s chromoly rod ends, jams nuts, bungs, and 2x.25 bushed dom sleeves for a set of control arms i'll be building
DezertTJ is offline  
post #384 of 506 Old 01-29-2013, 11:59 AM
tinyjeep
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,255
Very nice, why 7/8 instead of 1.25? I would think because the jeep is not in tons but I'm not sure. I was told 1.25 heims for a wrangler on 37"s and 7/8 or 1 ton tre's for steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith View Post
Remember, it was a shark attack when you dove into the ocean to save a trapped puppy, while you were doing charity work to help clean up a local beach.
tinyjeep is offline  
post #385 of 506 Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
DezertTJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Marana
Posts: 5,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep View Post
Very nice, why 7/8 instead of 1.25? I would think because the jeep is not in tons but I'm not sure. I was told 1.25 heims for a wrangler on 37"s and 7/8 or 1 ton tre's for steering.
Cost and yes that it's not on tons. My dad runs 3/4 rod ends and they hold up to 37s no problem. So I figure 7/8s would be just fine. I definitely thought of 1.25s though
DezertTJ is offline  
post #386 of 506 Old 01-29-2013, 01:30 PM
tinyjeep
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,255
Write a review with them on the jeep, it's one of the mods I'm considering

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith View Post
Remember, it was a shark attack when you dove into the ocean to save a trapped puppy, while you were doing charity work to help clean up a local beach.
tinyjeep is offline  
post #387 of 506 Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
DezertTJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Marana
Posts: 5,662
Got these in today. Looks like I only ordered one bushing end, so I'll ve needing to order one more to finish the arms. But they're massive
Attached Thumbnails
ForumRunner_20130202_212227.jpg  
DezertTJ is offline  
post #388 of 506 Old 02-03-2013, 03:33 AM
1990JEEPXJ
Registered User
 
1990JEEPXJ's Avatar
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,142
those are good heims. i ran the 7/8" with 3/4" bolts on my steering for a long time with no issues.

Completely stock, and keeping it that way...

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline  
post #389 of 506 Old 02-03-2013, 09:24 AM
kyle_craig
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: White Bear Laaake, Minnesooota
Posts: 2,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ View Post
Got these in today. Looks like I only ordered one bushing end, so I'll ve needing to order one more to finish the arms. But they're massive
What size misalignment spacers are you running? Are you going to use the stock brackets for your arms? Are these going on the front or the rear? Those rod ends look beefy.
kyle_craig is offline  
post #390 of 506 Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
DezertTJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Marana
Posts: 5,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post

What size misalignment spacers are you running? Are you going to use the stock brackets for your arms? Are these going on the front or the rear? Those rod ends look beefy.
They're 3/4 to 5/8 wide spacers so they fit into the stock bracket with a little drilling. They're going on the front lowers and if they work out, i'll be making more for the other arms
DezertTJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Jeeps in the Desert DJdave Jeep Picture Requests 16 01-11-2012 09:48 PM
Desert Tan TJs AlTheKillerr Jeep Picture Requests 6 07-12-2011 02:02 PM
CJ5 Operation - More Leg Room turpehar Jeep Builds 7 07-13-2010 07:09 PM
Operation YJ Willys edition GRYDE001 Jeep Builds 21 05-23-2010 06:08 PM
Desert tan Jeeps RockScar Jeep Picture Requests 3 04-23-2009 05:00 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome