Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Operation Desert Squirrel

81K views 505 replies 52 participants last post by  AZdEvilYJ 
#1 ·
Well as a lot of people know, I sold my 03 Rubicon a couple months ago to fund a trail rig and a DD.

Today I bought a 97 TJ. Specs are on my profile. I pick it up on friday and this should be a fun build!

Current: As of 9/11/13

*2.5 RC Coils 1.25 BL
*Rancho shocks
*315/70/17 BFG A/Ts JK Moabs w/ Synergy Suspension 1.5" Adapters
*IRO over the knuckle steering
*Spartan Front Locker
*Mastercraft Rubicon Seats
*Stubby Smittybilt Bumpers
*XRC8 winch
*Homemade sliders
*Flat Fenders with 3" Flare

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
So you have a Trail rig and a DD instead an 03 rubi?

I have a trail rig and a DD, yet i still end up DDing the trail rig lol!

its nice not having to worry driving the rig you trashing on the trails to get you to work on monday!

whats your plan of attack? first mods? so many things to do to a stock rig!

#6 ·
not sure on the first mods yet. Still deciding whether or not I want to paint it Camo tan with black accents or not. The hood has chipped paint with fading around the front, but i can deal with that for now. I want to do MCEs with 2.5" suspension and 1.25" body. Hopefully find a front locker. Make stock bumper into a stubby, replace the worn 97 seats with the black rubicon seats coming with the jeep

#19 ·
hey you want some cheap rocker guards? they're the olympic ones.....I dont need them because I'm getting sliders foo free! :D

#21 ·
Thats what I had in mind. :) Let me just get the details from the guy on when he's pulling his sliders off...should be soon though.

#23 ·
I tested out the jeep to check the temp and how it runs after yesterdays incident. Stays below 210 and runs smooth!! Couldn't be happier. Took it out to the dirt to let a little stress out and this is why I love jeeps :D had to take some pics of it actually in the dirt while stock before I do anything to it

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.