Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Operation Cherokee Freedom

8K views 69 replies 5 participants last post by  bamstar6 
#1 ·
Just like everybody else always says: It's about time i stared a build thread before i do any more work to my Jeep. That being said, lets get into it.

Specs:
2000 Jeep Cherokee Freedom edition (Hence the title) 4.0 4X4
Automatic Transmission (Not sure which one) NP231 T-case
4 door White color
Probably missed a bunch of stuff but i will add it later as i remember it, would have been alot easier if i would have started this thread when i started working on the Jeep. :rolleyes:

Here it is when i first bought it.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
O Crap! I need to resize these pics!:eek:
So right now i am uploading all my photos to my photobucket so i can get them the correct size and do one long post instead of a bunch of short ones. Please excuse those first couple of posts, usually i am on my Iphone 4 and this is the first time posting from my computer.

#4 ·
So this would be the second mod the Jeep got.

Someone broke in and stole my deck and a bunch of CDs

So now i ride around like this, so im not advertising what i have inside.

So long story short i got a new deck and it got broken into again but luckily this time i wasnt an idiot and i had taken the faceplate out. So after the second time i decided to purchase one of these.

It also has a remote start!:D Not that i really use the remote start part but it was cool to show off at first.

Then i got clear corners off of ebay.

So next was the lift kit which is a Rough Country 4.5X kit. I also ordered the big bore steering stabilizer and sye. Then next was the rims and tires, I found a smoking deal on some 5 15" Soft 8's i dont remember the width or the backspacing though. But anyways i got them from someone off of craigslist for like $150. Then i got the hook up on some tires, 32X11.50 BFG all terrains 4 of them mounted and balanced for $600!:tea:
I put the Sye and stock front driveshaft on shortly after the rims and tires and it required 6 degree shims to set the rear pinion angle. So here is what it looks like when all is said and done.

#5 ·
Next i put in 8000K HID's. Now before everybody starts yelling at me, yes they are HIDs in reflective housings and not projector housings. I got these before i knew any better. No wonder why i had to use rtv to get the HID bulbs to fit in good. Go figure!:shhh:

By the way, heres a pic of the Sye

Here's something i made for the Jeep awhile back.
I used a hitch base and a stock tow hook off a ford truck

To make this.

I got these in the mail a couple weeks ago
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h402/a-
star6/8049e534.jpg
1" coil spacers to level it out because when i put the shims in the rear it made the rear sit higher than the front, but i havent put them in yet cause im waiting till i can get control arm drop brackets, the iro heavy duty track bar with drop bracket and drop pitman arm if needed. Reason being is that my front measures to 5.5 and rear is at 6.25 so when i add the spacers the front will be over 6".

Here's what I did this weekend

Plugs are hiding down in there

Lifted coil bar out of the way

Ended up just taking the coil bar out to make it easier

Got all the new plugs in

All back together :D

#17 ·
I knew I should have bought a wire wheel for my grinder not my drill. it only took the rust and crap off and not the factory paint, which I would have liked to removed especially since there was a run in the factory paint on the rear cover. Next time I change the fluids I will use an angle grinder with wire wheel and repaint. Here they are after I hit them with the wire wheel.

Although that wire wheel did work well to
Remove the old rtv.

Primered.

Got them painted and I changed out the front pinion seal I will post pictures tomorrow.

#25 ·
Well I decided to remove all of the emblems, especially since most of them were all chipped.

From this

To this

And this

To this

Emblems

No emblems

I also got a new decal while on vacation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.