Nth La Upgrade and other pics from 3 years build up! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nth La Upgrade and other pics from 3 years build up!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCOR

Unread 08-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
DaveFL

Nth La Upgrade and other pics from 3 years build up! Action Pics Added 08/21

Well 3 years in the works and no where near done but the LA's are on now! so heres a pictorial over the ages.

Here its is 2 weeks old and Durango Bumpers on

A year later with Nth 3+ kit

OR Fab Rear Tire Carrier

Cage

AEM Dry FLow

Currie Steering

Just Installed Scan Guage, Man this is a nice little Gizmo.

And finally the LA kit from Nth!

Nth 6"LA lift, TT, Stinger/Slider Combo, Superwinch EPI9000, Durango Front & Rear, ORF Tire Carrier, Independent Locker Mod, 15x8 Crager Locks, 35" MT MTZ,Rock Hard Parts trail Cage, AEM Dry Flow, Viking Fastback Top.

Last edited by DaveFL; 08-22-2006 at 07:37 AM..
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
BigPeters

looks real good, tell how us the kit performs on the trail
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Gun Metal Blue Jeep Member #25[/COLOR]
BigPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
kcphilaflyer

uuuuuuuuuuuuugh...that's kind of a sweet rig!!!!!!!!!!

Looks awesome..great work!!
2" RE BB, 1" PA BL, 1" MORE MML
AtoZ Rockers, Uniden/2ft Firestick(stolen), Nth Degree Oil Skid, JKS Discos

1986 Red CJ-7 Spring '89 - Spring '96, R.I.P.

Red Jeep Club Member #289
Pix
kcphilaflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #4
Peccavi18
2002 TJ Wrangler 

any more info on the scan gauge?
Unread 08-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #5
t3mporaryism
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Damn im jealous .. great lookin rig man.. nice work!
t3mporaryism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2006, 08:17 PM   #6
DaveFL

Scan Gauge Info

http://www.scangauge.com/
Nth 6"LA lift, TT, Stinger/Slider Combo, Superwinch EPI9000, Durango Front & Rear, ORF Tire Carrier, Independent Locker Mod, 15x8 Crager Locks, 35" MT MTZ,Rock Hard Parts trail Cage, AEM Dry Flow, Viking Fastback Top.
Unread 08-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #7
txfiremn
2004 TJ Wrangler 

what kin of ca's did you have before the la?
txfiremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #8
DaveFL

When you say CA's I take it you mean Control arms I had the Nth 3+ kit before using Nth Lower and upper Front Arms, Nth rear Lower Arms and the Stinger for the rear upper control boom.
Unread 08-09-2006, 08:49 AM   #9
NoUse328
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm...you know, I was going to get a body lift and tuck everything, but after seeing your Jeep, I'm saving.

My wallet is going to hate you...

EDIT: What angle is your rear driveshaft at?

Last edited by NoUse328; 08-09-2006 at 10:49 AM..
NoUse328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #10
DaveFL

Rear DS/Pinon angle is 20/21 I have NO vibes at any speed.

Angles steep, but im running a fixed stubby yoke, to get as long as DS as possible.

Although my kit is only 4.5 inches of lift, I am running the Nth TT so effectively I have 6.5 inches of Drivetrain lift.
Unread 08-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #11
DaveFL

Next step will be some Walker Evans and 35 MTR's or 36 Iroks Big concern is doing this without anymore lift, and no BL or MML.

Im keeping an eye on some of the upcoming High clearance fenders, possibly some body work on the rear but I have a while to think and plan that out.
Unread 08-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #12
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL
Just Installed Scan Guage, Man this is a nice little Gizmo.
Where does that get its data from? OBD port? The RPM data appears to be off a bit

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 07:45 AM   #13
DaveFL

It gets the data from the ODB port, but the dispaly you see now was just a Demo mode display to show it the functions. It fires and starts reading the ODB stats when the Jeep is running.

The only thing I find annoying with the unit is the time lapse with reading actuall MPG, I hope its not right since I can be in 4th at 1200 RPM and its telling me Im getting 7MPG at times, but it averages right on the button.

When you set your tank size it has application data that when you fill up you put exact gallons in so it can really track your Miles per gallon/tank etc. Besides all ODB2 scans it allows me to monitor Head pressure, Intake air temp, water temp and more at a more accurate level.

The only thing I wish it had was a Oil pressure gauge, but oil pressure doesnt read through ODB2 so nothing you can do about it.
Unread 08-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #14
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL
It gets the data from the ODB port, but the dispaly you see now was just a Demo mode display to show it the functions. It fires and starts reading the ODB stats when the Jeep is running.

The only thing I find annoying with the unit is the time lapse with reading actuall MPG, I hope its not right since I can be in 4th at 1200 RPM and its telling me Im getting 7MPG at times, but it averages right on the button.

When you set your tank size it has application data that when you fill up you put exact gallons in so it can really track your Miles per gallon/tank etc. Besides all ODB2 scans it allows me to monitor Head pressure, Intake air temp, water temp and more at a more accurate level.

The only thing I wish it had was a Oil pressure gauge, but oil pressure doesnt read through ODB2 so nothing you can do about it.
Yeah, for a high mileage 4.0 as we all know, oil pressure would be a nice readout to have!!!

Did you mention what that thing costs?

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #15
DaveFL

I paid$165 for it with free shipping, I think Mike over at 4x4rockshop has em on his site now as well for around the same price.

I'll see if I can find the link from where I bought it at for the free shipping.

Install took me 30 minutes and that included cutting the surround by my footmans loop Basically it has a 6" cord that plugs into the ODB2 port, I ran it up through the window surround and over to where it sits now. Its just pressed into the area not hard mounted. The unit weighs a few ounces and is maybe 1.5" thick if that.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.