The Not Entirely Stock XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > The Not Entirely Stock XJ

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
ThreeperJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

The Not Entirely Stock XJ

Well, okay, I'll admit; she ain't much to look at. Just a run of the mill 2001 Jeep XJ sitting on a sagging rear suspension and tires that are just a little, eh... large for this application. But she's got good bones, a halfway decent non-rusted body, and the willingness to go everywhere I want to take her. So here's the start.

How it came in early 2012 when I snatched her up from a stealership in Tacoma, WA:

Under the hood:

In her current state, after 2 years.

Unread 07-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
ThreeperJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

We've had a lot of good memories so far, but after every trip driving around with the rear end sagging under the strain of only our camping gear, it's time for a change. The springs have had it, so a Rough Country 3" lift system is on the way.

This gets old fast.

But you can't beat the views!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.