Hey guys! This is my first Jeep, first YJ, first vehicle with 4 wheel drive, first vehicle that's not a sedan.
Picked her up on December 4th for $3000. Was searching for about 4 months, was so happy when I found her.
Basically all stock, with a few modifications...
2.5 inch lift
And little cosmetic things (Seat covers, radio, sound bar, etc)
It came with a hard top, soft top, bikini top, half hard doors, half soft doors, full soft doors, and soft upper windows. Found out the hard way that the soft upper doors don't fit on the hard lower doors while the hard top is on
Here's the problem list so far:
Here's what I've already fixed:
- Rust holes in the drivers side floor need to be welded.
- Fuel gauge always reads full (Wish it was accurate! )
- 4WD stick is held in 2WD by a bungee cord (Found out it just needs to be refastened)
- Mirrors need to be fastened to the windshield frame or somewhere so it can be 100% street legal. Drove her up I-91 past a bunch of state troopers on the way to Vermont and they didn't seem to mind, though.
- Needs a new drivers side seat belt.
Here's what's in the process of being fixed:
- Fixed the rats nest of wires under the dashboard. The PO really didn't know how to do electrical things at all.
- Fixed the defroster.
- Fixed the hazard lights. Didn't know they were broken until I tested it in my dads garage.
- Fixed the horn.
- Did a good tune-up. The spark plugs really needed to be changed.
- POR-15ing the whole tub
- Welding everything that needs to be welded
- Fastening the 4WD stick
- Fixing the fuel gauge if we get around to it
- Tires to match the small lift.
- New color. Right now it's sort of cream, I'd like it either tan or black.
Pictures will come ASAP! My cell phones camera is broken at the moment and I can't find my camera anywhere.