Noobie here Rig I would like to make but have questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Noobie here Rig I would like to make but have questions.

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSpartan Locker 1 day sale This Friday only!

Unread 09-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
nyeagley
2009 JK Wrangler 

Noobie here Rig I would like to make but have questions.

Hello everyone a real noobie here and need some questions answered and can't find what I'm looking for.

Here is what I have a stock 2009 4door Wrangler X with towing package.

What I want it to do is run on 33 and have the capability of running on 35 IF I chose to do so down the road. I still want it to be a off road vehicle. I know I need at least a lift.

T he question in need of answering is about gearing. I know I have the Dana 30 front and 44 in back with stock ratio. If I upgrade the ratio to a 4.88 will it snap my axle when I take it off road? This rig is going to be a every day commuter and a trail run weekend warrior besides taking it to OBX for some beach/dune runs. I figure though if I'm going to do some upgrades I might as well make sure to do them right the fist time. I don't want to be fixing major parts ever time I take it out.

Can someone give me some ideas what I can do. I have read many forums but still have this annoying feeling what is the right way to go.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.

nyeagley is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.