Noobie here Rig I would like to make but have questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Noobie here Rig I would like to make but have questions.

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 09-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
nyeagley
2009 JK Wrangler 

Noobie here Rig I would like to make but have questions.

Hello everyone a real noobie here and need some questions answered and can't find what I'm looking for.

Here is what I have a stock 2009 4door Wrangler X with towing package.

What I want it to do is run on 33 and have the capability of running on 35 IF I chose to do so down the road. I still want it to be a off road vehicle. I know I need at least a lift.

T he question in need of answering is about gearing. I know I have the Dana 30 front and 44 in back with stock ratio. If I upgrade the ratio to a 4.88 will it snap my axle when I take it off road? This rig is going to be a every day commuter and a trail run weekend warrior besides taking it to OBX for some beach/dune runs. I figure though if I'm going to do some upgrades I might as well make sure to do them right the fist time. I don't want to be fixing major parts ever time I take it out.

Can someone give me some ideas what I can do. I have read many forums but still have this annoying feeling what is the right way to go.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.

nyeagley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.