Noob Build - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Noob Build

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 07-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #481
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
If you don't drive it down the interstate then you are perfectly fine with what you got. Hitting a bridge bump at 80 mph is scary as hell with bump steer. Only way I can see to fix it is a completely custom track bar but that is alot of work.

Also to get on the same page, when I say full bump I mean both sides full stuffed. I'm telling you to check because that is where I had issues and I had to limit my travel so that the tie rod doesn't go banging into the pitman arm. But I have roughly 2 inches of stretch in the front
I like to take it to work occasionally so that may be the route I take. I have been looking all morning, looks like Genright makes a good kit.

I only pushed the axle forward an inch. I checked clearances before I put the springs in with both sides stuffed. My TR is from Rock Krawler and is bent out pretty far. Not sure if this is why it cleared, but no contact on the pitman arm.

Holaday is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #482
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

This is all the same exact stuff I have been looking into. Very tuned in.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #483
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
This is all the same exact stuff I have been looking into. Very tuned in.
Ran it on the highway last night. I wish I would have done this a long time ago. It tracks and handles great
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #484
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
Ran it on the highway last night. I wish I would have done this a long time ago. It tracks and handles great
Just wait until you have the track bar corrected. As it stands now, you've got a lot of room for improvement.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #485
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

No bump steer or anything squirrelly?

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #486
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Just wait until you have the track bar corrected. As it stands now, you've got a lot of room for improvement.
I do not doubt that. This has turned into quite the project. but compared to the original Rock Krawler setup this seems to be a huge improvement.

In your opinion is the Genright TB kit a good direction to go?
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #487
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
I do not doubt that. This has turned into quite the project. but compared to the original Rock Krawler setup this seems to be a huge improvement.

In your opinion is the Genright TB kit a good direction to go?
As long as the track bar is very close in length to the DL and the mounting points are parallel with the drag link's mounting points, then sure. Don't lock yourself into "kits".....you're past the point of off-the-shelf solutions being a sure solution.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #488
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
As long as the track bar is very close in length to the DL and the mounting points are parallel with the drag link's mounting points, then sure. Don't lock yourself into "kits".....you're past the point of off-the-shelf solutions being a sure solution.
Gotcha. Shouldn't be that hard to figure out right...
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #489
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

That kit is what I was looking into also. The "kit" just includes everything for you to make your own custom set up at a one stop shop.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #490
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Fixed my pinion angle last night! Its almost weird to drive without vibrations now.
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #491
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Buddy of mine posted a couple videos.
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #492
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

great videos! I had to look at your profile to see if you where in an auto or manual tranny. I was watching the first video thinking, having to work the clutch I would have just rolled back when you stopped half way.
purplepig is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #493
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
great videos! I had to look at your profile to see if you where in an auto or manual tranny. I was watching the first video thinking, having to work the clutch I would have just rolled back when you stopped half way.
Yeah. The give away was the brakes didnt light up when his wheels stopped moving. Looks good noob.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #494
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That climb looks really wet and slick, cool to see you made it up

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #495
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
Stick would have been tough on that for sure. I had to put in a half quart of ATF for the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Yeah. The give away was the brakes didnt light up when his wheels stopped moving. Looks good noob.
Thanks man

One of my favorite trails at SMORR. I'm in front of the Red JK. All this web wheeling is making me anxious for this weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.