Nikson's 2006 LJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nikson's 2006 LJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-14-2011, 01:11 AM   #46
Nikson
2006 LJ Wrangler 

seat covers...

after a 3 month wait, I was finally successful in getting a buddy to bring me the custom seat covers from Moscow...

some of you might say that leather isnt all that great, etc.... blah... blah...

well, in Russia we say - "When you get a stallion for a present, you dont consider condition of its hoofs!" - if that makes any sense...

All I can say, this is definitely added a nice personal touch to my LJ.

with help of a little tool like this... crimping all the covers back in place was as easy as 1... 2... 3...

butt/back warmers went in pretty easy as well...

being ceramic type, these will distribute heat evenly and I would never have to worry about them burning a hole through the seat...

proper hardware was included...

Rear was first to be done, figured if I was going to screw anything up... it would be on this one...

all together... by myself it took me roughly 4 hours with some brakes to get it all done...

result was definitely worth the labor (and waiting time)

and a little MORE personal touch...

buddy was right on choosing a right leather color, it fits in with the interior just perfect...

Nikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #47
Nikson
2006 LJ Wrangler 

tomorrow going to see MudB8 at his shop, trying to narrow down my funky death wobble that is sort of there and here... and then its nowhere to be found...

While being out at the Sandlake Rec.Area at the coast, took some pictures...

I think LJ looks good (just need to get the front winch bumper done...)LOL

rear shot...

couldnt stay away from working those Currie joints...

and for those who might like a PANORAMIC foto for a desktop...

Unread 06-14-2011, 01:19 AM   #48
Nikson
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Video...

a little video of the Pacific NW...

p.s. some commenting will be done in Russian, but mostly a nice trance background music...

Unread 06-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #49
shark02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

sweet jeep and really really nice work on that bumper! I love that it opens with the tail gate. I might have to try something like that one of these days. Keep up the good work!
shark02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #50
Nikson
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark02 View Post
sweet jeep and really really nice work on that bumper! I love that it opens with the tail gate. I might have to try something like that one of these days. Keep up the good work!
been working and bunch more work left.

visited MudB8 (DAVE) at his shop at work... for about 1 1/2 we looked & looked trying to locate the reason for my excessive shimmies/wobble.

Came to conclusion that seems like my BJ need to be replaced, since that was only component left that we could blame shimmies on...

Rear bumper so far is a charm - working great... loving how it is...
Unread 10-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #51
Nikson
2006 LJ Wrangler 

10/22/2011 Browns Camp area...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.