Nick's New 1966 Wagoneer Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Nick's New 1966 Wagoneer Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #61
rickscj7boom
1984 CJ7 

just pm'd you sir... just checking to see if you could post up a picture of your rear rims with and without the hubcap... I'm trying to find some for my 66 waggy but just want to make sure I got the correct ones.. what size are they and any other info that can help... great thread I'm subscribed ;-)

rickscj7boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #62
84_Fiero

1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscj7boom View Post
just pm'd you sir... just checking to see if you could post up a picture of your rear rims with and without the hubcap... I'm trying to find some for my 66 waggy but just want to make sure I got the correct ones.. what size are they and any other info that can help... great thread I'm subscribed ;-)
Sorry for the delay, had quite the hectic week... Thanks though, hopefully there will be a lot of work done over the summer. But as for your quandry:

The rim has 4 protrusions that the 'dog dish' snaps onto.

The Dog Dish itself is around a 10-1/2" diameter.

Hopefully that helps and the response isn't to late for you.

In other news though, I finished the fuel tank install, of which I have just one picture, as I'm not 100% happy with my front tank mount, so I'm going to save face and post that picture after the rework when things look much prettier.

Fuel tank prepped for installation.

I also plumbed in a Holley 'Blue" fuel pump, which is much louder than I had hoped, I'm going to get some rubber isolators and see it it's just some vibration traveling through the mounting hardware. But if not I may go back to the mechanical pump on the block. But I was able to drive the Waggy to my parent's for diner last night, so that's happy news anyways. The battery still even has a charge, which is really just uncalled for after sitting all winter!!

I also have a timing set coming my way, as I learned that AMC 327's not only are interference engines, something I NEVER would have guessed, but they also used a plastic cam gear which disintegrates after 'X' number of miles because it's a plastic cam gear. AMC never ceases to amaze me. So this weekend's projects moved from starter installation to preventing the engine from self-destructing.

"Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto." –Mikhail Kalashnikov

“And note that it behooves a good Workman to hammer his Work as true as he can; for one quarter of an hour spent at the forge, may save him an hours work at the vice.” Josheph Moxon “Mechanick Exercises” from the year 1703

Nick’s 1966 Wagoneer Build
84_Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #63
rickscj7boom
1984 CJ7 

nick, thanks for the pics it has helped out... I did go ebay crazy and bought a total of 9 dog dish hubcaps, 5 have arrived and 4 more on the way... and they all fit :-)... I will repaint the logos and post up a pic soon... whats awesome is that you drove your waggy to your parents , mine has only gone around the block twice so far.. as for the plastic cam if you can please let me know what you order so I can look into replacing mine also, it would suck to mess up the engine because of that.. good luck on your venture...

rick
rickscj7boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2014, 08:26 AM   #64
84_Fiero

1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

I found all the pieces-parts for the timing set through a company called Kanter. I've never dealt with them before, but will post pictures and what-not once I get the parts in.

Funny the only way I learned the AMC-327 is an interference engine is that my Uncle happened to remember the guy who this Jeep is named after (George Fett) had his mid-60's Wagoneer's engine die after the cam gear disintegrated. I'm very happy he remembered that!

"Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto." –Mikhail Kalashnikov

“And note that it behooves a good Workman to hammer his Work as true as he can; for one quarter of an hour spent at the forge, may save him an hours work at the vice.” Josheph Moxon “Mechanick Exercises” from the year 1703

Unread 05-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #65
84_Fiero

1966 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, you never know what's going to happen in a month... Sorry for the lack of progress, but I've had to move into an apartment, and that has "cramped my fabricating style" but this weekend I will be taking the Waggy to my parent's and beginning an axle swap. So there will be updates, however you'll have to wait until after I catch the Monaco Grand Prix on Monday for the full weekend's updates! One has to have priorities.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.