New XJ Project - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > New XJ Project

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 05-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #61
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I bought and installed RC shackle reloction brackets because my stock shackles with my 4.5" full leaf pack was hitting the body of the Jeep. It added about an inch of lift and the ride is like night and day to me. Clears my 32's fairly well too.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/new-xj-project-1360289/
99BlueJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #62
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

New SYE since I haven't got one yet and it's pry a good idea with a 5.5 inch lift in the rear. Looks like I've got my weekend planned out.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #63
MikeB88
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Nice job with the heater core replacement. I also like how you bedlined the entire jeep and left the carpets out. You should think about drilling and tapping a hole for a drainplug for water to escape, unless you already did that....
MikeB88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #64
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB88 View Post
Nice job with the heater core replacement. I also like how you bedlined the entire jeep and left the carpets out. You should think about drilling and tapping a hole for a drainplug for water to escape, unless you already did that....
Thanks man! I have been using the stock drain plugs but over the winter I've found out that I need more haha. I put my SYE in over the weekend and I should have the TC back up in the Jeep today.

Unread 05-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #65
fishtaconc
2004 WJ 

Nice XJ, makes me miss mine, just not enough room with a kid and the extras the now requires, moved up to WJ. Love a set of moabs on an XJ. Keep it going.
fishtaconc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #66
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtaconc View Post
Nice XJ, makes me miss mine, just not enough room with a kid and the extras the now requires, moved up to WJ. Love a set of moabs on an XJ. Keep it going.
Thanks man, I've got a lot more plans for it. Seems like it never ends, I'm replacing the steering today. Going to a Currie heavy duty tie setup. I love the WJ's, thinking about getting one for a DD.

Unread 05-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #67
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Also got my new steering on. Much better, no more bump steer, or clunking.

Unread 05-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #68
UnionTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice lookin XJ! Whered you get the Zombie Response sticker??
UnionTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #69
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionTJ View Post
Nice lookin XJ! Whered you get the Zombie Response sticker??
Amazon for $1!

Unread 05-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #70
joshua106
2004 WJ 

Looks really good. Honestly, it's the only XJ I actually like. Nice rim, tire, and lift choice. Go together real well.
joshua106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #71
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua106 View Post
Looks really good. Honestly, it's the only XJ I actually like. Nice rim, tire, and lift choice. Go together real well.
Thank you! I definitely wanted the Rubicon wheels for 2 main reasons, you don't see them on a XJ very often and they just look awesome! I ordered a tire carrier about 2 months ago should be getting it within the next week.

Unread 05-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #72
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

if you dont mind me asking where did you get the 1st steering set up? im taking it was not a good choice since you went with CURRIES set up instead? please enlighten us.
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #73
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07 View Post
if you dont mind me asking where did you get the 1st steering set up? im taking it was not a good choice since you went with CURRIES set up instead? please enlighten us.
Well, its kinda a long story but its the JCR 1 ton steering under knuckle setup. Now JCR's product is a good product the offroad shop that installed it for me clearly did not know what they were doing and had reamed the knuckles to big so I drove around hearing a pop and snap noise so I had took it back to them after 2 months of this and they said it was my fault because I drove my Jeep and it wallowed out the knuckles causing it to move and pop. I argued with them and they told me they weren't going to do anything unless I bought new knuckles and brought it back to them so I went to my local pick and pull and got new knuckles so this time they reamed them to small and was causing the tie rod to rotate almost 180 degrees now they blamed it on the product and said the JCR was a garbage set up. I called up JCR and they said we can sell you a spacer that goes between the bottom of the knuckle and on top of the tie rod that will help it from rotating. I installed them myself and it fixed the Jeep from going off the road but it still had the pop and snap noise so I moved to Colorado and made it but when I got up here I decided that I need to do something about it, I've heard great things about Currie so bought the setup from High Country 4x4 here in Denver area and installed it myself and of coarse had to get new knuckles again. The Jeep feels like new again no popping or cracking and drives like stock. The lesson I learned from this was either install it yourself or take it to a REAL offroad shop that knows what they are doing with all 4x4 vehicles.

Unread 06-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #74
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BlueJP View Post
Well, its kinda a long story but its the JCR 1 ton steering under knuckle setup. Now JCR's product is a good product the offroad shop that installed it for me clearly did not know what they were doing and had reamed the knuckles to big so I drove around hearing a pop and snap noise so I had took it back to them after 2 months of this and they said it was my fault because I drove my Jeep and it wallowed out the knuckles causing it to move and pop. I argued with them and they told me they weren't going to do anything unless I bought new knuckles and brought it back to them so I went to my local pick and pull and got new knuckles so this time they reamed them to small and was causing the tie rod to rotate almost 180 degrees now they blamed it on the product and said the JCR was a garbage set up. I called up JCR and they said we can sell you a spacer that goes between the bottom of the knuckle and on top of the tie rod that will help it from rotating. I installed them myself and it fixed the Jeep from going off the road but it still had the pop and snap noise so I moved to Colorado and made it but when I got up here I decided that I need to do something about it, I've heard great things about Currie so bought the setup from High Country 4x4 here in Denver area and installed it myself and of coarse had to get new knuckles again. The Jeep feels like new again no popping or cracking and drives like stock. The lesson I learned from this was either install it yourself or take it to a REAL offroad shop that knows what they are doing with all 4x4 vehicles.
WOW! yeah no joke.. I wouldn't have even given them the 2nd chance! but yeah I was curious on that... so the currie is pure bolt on? I like the bolt ons myself personally dont wanna mess with reeming and all that. thanks for the info bro!
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #75
99BlueJP
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfam07 View Post
WOW! yeah no joke.. I wouldn't have even given them the 2nd chance! but yeah I was curious on that... so the currie is pure bolt on? I like the bolt ons myself personally dont wanna mess with reeming and all that. thanks for the info bro!
No problem, yes its all bolt on and so worth it. haha

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.