New to me Unlimited Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > New to me Unlimited Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-21-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

New to me Unlimited Rubicon

Well I just purchased my newest Jeep, a 2006 Unlimited Rubicon, khaki metallic, and am loving it. Thought I would share and keep everyone updated on how I plan to personalize it (built up from the previous owner) and make it mine.

First things first, a name is in progress, currently debating between Cleo, Lucy 2(first Jeep was Lucy), and Isis, I am open to suggestions!

Now here is the current list of modifications:

2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Khaki Metallic in color. Only 59,*** miles!
4.0 Engine w/ Automatic Transmission/ 4:1 Transfer case/ Dana 44
Axles/4:10 gears
Front/Rear air locking differentials
Superior Cromoly Axle Shafts
RUBICON EXPRESS 5.5 inch Long Arm Suspension System (full kit w/skidplate)
*Recently lowered using brand new 4" springs for a more stable ride
and lower center of gravity but 5.5" springs included with sale.
ACOS coil spacer/bumpstops in front (Jeep sits perfectly level)
RUBICON EXPRESS Sway Bar disconnects
CURRIE ENTERPRISES Currectlync Heavy Duty Steering System
TOM WOODS C/V Driveshafts
37"x12.50" SUPER SWAMPER IROK radial tires (30% tread or more) on 15x8
Black Rockcrawler Wheels
Custom Front Bumper w/WARN M8000# Winch and HELLA Offroad Lights
Brand new Roller fairlead and Winch Cable (not pictured)
POISON SPYDER CUSTOMS 'Rocker Knockers' rocker protection w/ tube sliders
Poison Spyder rear corners
ROKMEN Rear Bumper w/ 3/4" tow points and 2" receiver hitch
EMP Gas Tank, Radiator, Steering Box Skid Plates
Stainless Braided Brake Lines
K&N Air Filter
RUFF STUFF Specialties 1/4" steel Differential Covers
SPIDERTRAX 3/4" Wheel Spacers
Flush Mount LED Taillights
MAGNAFLOW Muffler
Great shape and super reliable.
New Rampage Soft top

I plan on selling the tires, wheels, and wheel spacers as well as the fender flares, I am searching for the best pair of 35's (or 37's) and wheels to pair with, and buying Metal Cloak tube fenders. I also plan to bedline the interior, switch the gears from a 4:10 ratio to 4:88 ratio, rear tire carrier.

Trail Jammers, NC
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...bicon-2137905/
Corigirlloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well, I finally decided to go with my gut and what advice my technician decided, I upgraded my gears to the Yukon 4:88's and had them installed last week. The pull now behind the Rubicon is far greater than what was originally installed. Runs smoothly and shifts even more smooth.

Spent a day out at the shop and had a chance to remove the rear corner armor to find the right side had rust stains (no physical rust) and the left side had specs of rust and rust stains. Cleaned up as much as I could, we sanded/buffed the corner pieces down and re-painted them with the rustoleum bedliner textured spray and they look brand new.

Got around to painting the rear bumper as well as the poison spyder rocker panels, as well as the rubicon express long arm suspension lift and undercarriage with the rustoleum bedliner textured spray as well. Also painted the door handles; They cleaned up very nicely!

Removed the fender flares since I had sold them, discussing and potentially ordering tube fenders tomorrow if my fabricator doesn't have time to fabricate new ones.

Replaced the factory Rubicon and Unlimited stickers from silver to black, added a customized NC4x4 sticker in black.

Tomorrow we'll be knocking out the track bar bushing, the rear lights needed rewiring, sanding, buffing, and painting the front bumper and which mount.
Trail Jammers, NC
Unread 03-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #3
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Currently looking for new tires, I've heard I should go back down to 35's or just keep it at 37's, Been looking at BF Good Rich KM2's. but the S.O. is really wanting me to put Kumho Road Ventures on it....debating on wheels as well. The current one's are steel and I've heard I need to be considering Aluminum wheels to be lighter on the axles. Opinions?
Trail Jammers, NC
Unread 04-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Finally got some new decals in the mail while waiting to install the tube fenders.

And she's officially been named/tagged

Trail Jammers, NC
Unread 05-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #5
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

First wheeling trip last Saturday went overall pretty well. Was able to accomplish some trails in my jeep that i was unable to do in Lucy. Trying to get her back up and running smoother to get back out there on the rocks.

I just got a response from Mr transmission regarding a hard shift from first and second and after careful research and consideration we're going to do a transmission flush, replace the filter, and replace the temp gauge as well as install a transmission cooler and gauge to help keep an eye on the transmission gauge.

Im currently looking at the b&m cooler and was curious if anyone had any suggestions on any brands?

The drive terrain module is being updated next week at the stealership which might take care of the catalytic codes that are reading, we will see.... There was an update on them a couple years ago and Cleopatra never received those updates.

Front Air locker is not locking in at the moment either but will be looked at next week as well... Thinking there is a leak in the line or the pump isn't pulling in air as it should be.

Sent from the Delta quadrant
Trail Jammers, NC
Unread 06-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #6
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Finally got around to painting my Jack and mounting it on the hood, feels good to finally see it up there.

Trail Jammers, NC
Unread 07-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Finally had an afternoon available, we got around to installing the rear tube fenders finally. A little more work for to the corner guards being a mismatch against the fenders but we got them cut down

Update on transmission-

It still hard shifts from first to second and has now started slipping randomly, diagnostic is it's dying.... So I'll be driving it until its a goner.

Lockers still not fixed...schedules just been crazy, neither wanting to lock so my guess is its just the air pump....will hopefully have it looked at soon.

Water pump has also made it to the list, finally gone out and will be replacing it this week as well.
Trail Jammers, NC
Unread 07-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #8
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well changed the diff fluid this weekend and going to get thermostat fixed tomorrow.

Front and rear diff have been leaking so we decided to get a closer look. Front was lower than rear and thicker in fluid, luckily we had enough most fluid laying around and changed out both completely.

However the seals are just not right and will continue to leak and sealed properly.

Thermostat is leaking instead of water pump which is good, thermostat was just replaced and the shop is standing behind their work and will fix it tomorrow morning.

Next biggest focus will be getting rid of the ghetto rig up of my front blinkers and the rear back up light that's been out awhile. Not much but with a jeep, you know the list is always growing

Sent from the Delta quadrant
Trail Jammers, NC

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.