Then started a new life. Nothing happened with this Jeep for a couple years. I drove back and forth to college and work, did some light wheeling here or there. Now that I am graduated college it's time to put more money and time into this Jeep. My ultimate goal is to run 37s on about 5.5 inches of lift. Plus cage work, bumpers, winch, lockers etc.
Here is one issue
My rockers are also 100% non existent at this point. So that needs fixing.
I came across a set of wagoneer dana 44s. I decided I couldn't pass em up and figured i'd go take a look at em. I ended up getting them for 175 dollars, they need work but they were cheap.
Decided to start with the rear
Most of the gear oil came out through the pinion seal. I used a needle scaler and took all of the loose ****.
pulled the diff cover to see what was going on in there
It's got 2.72:1 ratio
The drums needed to be cut off. One was already broken and the other ended up breaking trying to free it up. So cutting em wasn't a big deal
There was this track bar looking bracket thing that we cut off.
And that was it for now. Next sept is cleaning it up real good throughing some primer on it and redoing the brakes, mount new shock mounts, regearing, seals, paint and it'll get mounted.
Also came with a set of 4:10 gears
I then went to a junk yard and cut this piece out to patch up the hole
Left a nice hole in the jeep at the yard
wire wheeled the axle down
throw on a coat of primer
Most recently I took out all the **** inside so I could replace what needed to be replace and such
Basically I made a big mess. Again
and here it sits until I get the rest of the parts together. I have all the stuff to do the brakes, just need seals and some bearings.